What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Score again

Just got more Peaches. This time got 120# for $3.00. Now I did have to trash some so I started 12 gallons using about 80#'s The rest I froze for later. Then I will steam juice these for a f-pac.

Just got more Peaches. This time got 120# for $3.00. Now I did have to trash some so I started 12 gallons using about 80#'s The rest I froze for later. Then I will steam juice these for a f-pac.

Lucky bastard! ;)

I wish I had a fruit guy to give me over ripe fruit. That would be sweet, or dry depending on how you like the finished product.

Started out the morning by cutting down a big mulberry tree that was shadeing my vineyard then my freind and me loaded up my 1970 Dodge Charger to take down to his place and put a different motor in it and get it running again. Now it's time to go back and get more done on the tree. You can see a little bit of it in the upper left hand corner of my profile picture.

Damn Tom, I am jealous as hell, but have to admit am happy for you. Seems lik alot for 12 gallons,no lacking for flavor on this batch!!!

jstar, you have made a sacrifice there. One fruit for another. Was it possible to just trim some of the tree to have both?

You sure do know how to make a guy feel bad.
The cheapest I've seen so far around here is $1.98 a pound.

jstar, you have made a sacrifice there. One fruit for another. Was it possible to just trim some of the tree to have both?

This was a male mulberry it did not produce any berries at all but I do have serveral mulberry tree at hand that do produce berries which I will try and make some wine from also this tree was starting to rot from the inside out so it would have came down sooner or later on its own

Last edited:
Alright then, I let it slide, do you need that tree to pollinate the other?

I not sure about that but I don't think so. This will not be a total lost this will give me plenty of smoking wood for when I do my deer sausage this fall

Last edited:
I wish I had a fruit guy to give me over ripe fruit. That would be sweet, or dry depending on how you like the finished product.

Doug,

Do you think there would be a wholesaler on the strip where you could buy fruit that is old?

Started out the morning by cutting down a big mulberry tree that was shadeing my vineyard then my freind and me loaded up my 1970 Dodge Charger to take down to his place and put a different motor in it and get it running again. Now it's time to go back and get more done on the tree. You can see a little bit of it in the upper left hand corner of my profile picture.

A Dodge Charger!!!!!!!!! My very first car that I owned all by myself was a 1969 Dodge Charge, olive green. I loved that car.

A Dodge Charger!!!!!!!!! My very first car that I owned all by myself was a 1969 Dodge Charge, olive green. I loved that car.

This was my wife's car when I first met her now I will restore it to look like new

went kayaking today! was a blast but the car thermomater said it was 106 out there!!!! oh man! thank goodness for sunscreen and a water bottle!

Back