What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily so far I have never been layed off but some times I wish I was, it would give me some time to let my back recover.

:? your management have great PR skills with their staff.. NOT!

:( :( :(

sorry to hear it Nikki..

get as many references and testimonials as you can and update your CV.

when one door shuts.. another one always opens..

Allie:hug

wade ....no u dont, with the ops in this area it loks like i may be slinging burgers....not that there is anything wrong with that....but dayum i dont wanna! we can not afford our bills with out me working as well

at allie.....my resume is uptodate as of 3 hrs ago LOL! ive got my current boss whom i like and the head of HR at my previous company ..not putting this company as a ref..but they are on as an "allowed to contact" .....i know i will get something im just very scared of WHAT

Hi NIkki,

Good luck, you will come out of this ok. Hey if you have to flip burgers for awhile then so be it. That is just a positive additive to your resume. Your personalitiy dictates that you are going to end up with a better job that the one that just screwed you.

ARGHHH! ok all those chickens i counted yesterday??? yup my eggs broke!!! got royally SCREWED at work today.....they decided Eh well you knowwhat...lets not only let the one girl quit but LAY of another !!!! OMFG!!!

yup

i was the "other"

i am now pink slipped! so much for my dreams of full time!! DIRTY BAD HORRIBLE WORDS INSERTED HERE!!!!!

off to the unemployment office.
enjoy 36 weeks!

Did some yard work. Found a nest of baby rabbits in the garden. Good thing i didnt till that spot before I looked under the brush.
Watered the gardens and spread out some peat moss on the raspberries.
About to clean 5 cases of bottles. Sterilize them and hopefully fill two cases with pinot grigio.

Nikki, I am so sorry to hear that.:hug I guess you'll be enjoying the summer wuth the rest of us unemployed. Yeah it sucks and I hate the stigma of it and looking everyday for a job BUT, at least its summer time and not the middle of a horrible winter like last year. I went from working 60-70 hours a week on salary with no OT so I am enjoying it a bit. My blood pressure went down 10 points also. On a positive note, it gave me more time to spend on the wine and an opportunity to meet some great winemakers from Pittsburgh.

very tru...and if i could relax and enjoy it i so wud
but the fact is i cant be more than a week out of work before we fall behind
ive got a 401K its got a nice chunk in it and if i have to ill cash it out...only a years worth of saving in it so it wont be to abd in the end and itll help take some pressure off...but i still hate to do it...we shall see

I have to agree with runningwolf. The economy has had its toll on me also. I've been layed off for 1.2 years now. But in I have been able to do alot of no cost projects around the house that have needed done for quite awhile.

Thank God my wife is an RN or we couldn't make ends meet.

On a positive note, it gave me more time to spend on the wine and an opportunity to meet some great winemakers from Pittsburgh.

Ow! I think I just pulled a muscle patting myself on the back.:):):)HA HA

Gotta be talking about Doug and Judy! Sounds like a nursery rhyme.

picture.php

picture.php

This is my new truck as of yesterday. 2010 Black Ford Ranger 4x4 Extended Cab, 5 speed overdrive manual transmission V6. All the luxuries inside and more accessories on the way.

I got a phenonemal deal I couldn't pass up. Seriously couldn't pass up.

Last edited:
finally bottled the pinot grigio.
will have pics up at a later time.
finished up a wedding picture order.

Today!!! Going to work :(

But I guess we have to if we want to feed the family and pay the bills, just not looking forward to chasing turds all day :m

Back