What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I'm hoping to leave England!

YAA - HOOOO! Good Luck!

damn!! u sure needed a friend or maybe two. what kind of wine?

xxplode it was all Blueberry and Peach Wine that will be blended later with other stuff. My friend has 15 acres of Blueberries in addition to other fruits and crops. His wine cellar is to die for.

8c703155.jpg

Depit/Destemmmed 42 #'s of strawberries - going to start my 6.5 gallon batch of strawberry wine this weekend.

You know, I'm not that far from Edinboro. :) That's awesome. There's a blueberry farm just a few miles from here. About 3/4 of a mile on foot, actually. I know the owner pretty well and am hoping to swap some work for a bushel or 2 of blueberries. Gotta get to it. They started picking for the year today. :w

Incidentally, I am beginning a 6 gallon batch of blueberry right now. Adding must to the starter between doing house work.

My wife mentioned about doing a blueberry. It would be nice if I could get them at a decent price. May consider doing from juice if I can't.

Just finished bottling 30 CA Voignier and 30 CA Riesling

Just put shrinks on 7 of the bottles of various wine I will br bringing to the picnic. Wow, I'm bummed, I didn't realize our supply was as low as it is since I put the rack at the top of the steps and have been taking stuff from there. Thats not the problem, the problem is I was restocking that with what was in the basement, hence not realizing how low the supplies are.:slp

LMAO oh no hun!! i shall be stopping n sleeping!!! NWIH i can drive it straight thru! not with out a relief driver neways!

About the best I've done on one shot was 1300 miles. My oldest and I took the grandsons to an uncles for a week in South Carolina. Left here at about 3:30 am, got there and stayed about thiry minutes, then jumped back in the truck for the return trip. I think we got home about 11:00 that night.
I like driving, and even more so when it's on the bike.

Sitting here contemplating (designing) my winery/brewery out of a spare room. Need to move out of the kitchen and the house for that matter. Too much equipment in too many places.

Racked the merlot to glass and the red zin to a clean carboy. laid the pinot gris on it's side in my teasure chest (now full) and on the nifty 33 bottle wine rack that I got for $5.00.
Today I worked, had a birthday party for the stepson. The kids had a blast on the moon bounce.
Afterwards, I watered the plants, picked some more mulberries. (I think I have just about 5 lbs) Updated some firmware on the in laws PC (they need to just get a new one) Took an SG reading of the pinot noir (SG 1.00) gave it a good stir and hoping for it to finish dryer.

off from work for a 3 day weekend! started a batch of blueberry and will be picking LOTS of blackberries this weekend.

Still early just racked to secondary. But, strong strawberry flavor
Now I'm drinking my Peach from last yr.

Back