What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the weather, either today or tomorrow I've got to go hunting for elderberries.
I see them turning ripe on the road side, but I always look for a spot thick enough to get what I need in one or two stops.
Being vertically challenged, I have to find bushes that aren't 15 feet tall.

:u

I was talking to her last evening when she got a call from British Air. They keep telling her to be at the airport in 30 minutes. She finally got them to understansd that she is an hour and a half from London.

So, anyway, they are now working with her to find her a flight. She is illing to be flexible so it should all come together.
She is, however, in the top ten, on the stand by list, so I expect to see her tommorrow or Sunday.

Got the hair standing up on my arms for real this time.

Geesh, I joined this forum becuse, all I wanted to know is if I could use bread yeast to make wine and now look what I have done!!!! LMFAO.

I am even making a grocery list in considering what she likes and can or not eat.

I have never had my lil cabin so clean since we built it!! ROTF.

A member even sent up some of his finest wine for us to share when she arrives. In that gift was a bottle of Champagne. Me and those bottles are patiently waiting.

Anyone have a corkscrew?

This is it gang. :D

Last edited:
You know what I mean. Its 4th of July for us Americans. That doesn't mean the rest of the world stops because we do.

Besides wouldnt that be n ironic statement for her to arrive on the 4th of July? LOL

.Best day to fly...SILLY!!!! Ever flown on stand by? Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays are the best days to fly on stand by.

Well I guess this is the biggest test of your patience so far . Glad things are working out for you two .

Today i'm going to tear down part of our fence because we tore down our garage and putting up a shed . Now the doesn't match up amymore and we get along with our neighbours on that side fine so far . Maybe not after i tell them they have to cut 9 inches off the flower bed box they had up against the old garage or take it out completely . But I'm not working too long today since it's so nice out here .

I kinda sort of feel the same, to nice to do too much,and then winter comes and it is to sheety to do to much, so, everything from the summer list gets shifted over to the winter list and......well you get my point. LOL
Just work slow and steady... if you are able to get SOMETHING done then you can go to sleep knowing the day wasn't wasted.!!

Just unfroze and crushed my strawberries - added the pectin, tannin, k-meta. Tomorrow will add yeast and yeast nutrient!!!

Jon, if you can get those berries into a ferment bag. A paint straning bag or even a nylon)panty hose), sterilized of course.

Still need to punch it down at least once a day, but it sure wil make life easier.

Give it a good squeze in the begining, and another before t goes in to your secondary. Really no need to do it during the primary, just make sure you "dunk" it, and then hold it under the must for a few seconds.

I picked about 8 lbs of my currants today and the sun wqs just baking me so hopefully ill get the rest tonight. I maybe picked about 1/4 of them so there will definetly be enough for a decent batch.

drove 12.5 hrs today , and 10 yesterday...think i left my bones back a few sates ago jeesh! oh well we are safe n sound in Louisana ...will be leaving Louisana for home on monday keep us in your thoughts!

and i hope Leanne make it to her new home before i make it back to mine!! so excited!

drove 12.5 hrs today , and 10 yesterday...think i left my bones back a few sates ago jeesh! oh well we are safe n sound in Louisana ...will be leaving Louisana for home on monday keep us in your thoughts!

and i hope Leanne make it to her new home before i make it back to mine!! so excited!

Been following your journey, stay safe and take breaks!

You're always in our thoughts sweetie. Don't hurry, there is always a tommorrow.

If you see me hitchhiking, DO NOT pick me up! Its probably not a tent in my backpack!! LMFAO!:d

It will probably be a backpack all right just full of wine bottles waiting to be drank

Spent all day outside mowing two yards and weedeating and I am still not done not what I would like to be doing like makeing some more wine or putting up more fruit in the freezer to make some wine later this year. I have mulberries yet to harvest and rhurbarb yet to put up still trying to fine some cherries, elderberries are not ready yet nor the wild plumes.

Just thinking about 'travelling' 45 mins to pick up my son, boy you guys travel long distances. We're spoilt here in NZ, nowhere is very far away really. It's 7*C outside and foggy, miserable, gonna cuddle up on my couch with a bottle of my red when I return.

well stop by my place in TN. take a break and try some of my hard cider :b. if ya wanna?

Back