What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, Julie. Glad to help.

I didn't take any pictures 'cause I'm dum.

Today I racked the Pinot Noir to a better bottle and added the enzyme pack. SG 1.00 and bubbling away.
Racked the Skeeter Pee from the better bottle to a 5 gallon glas carboy and filled about 1/3 of a 1 gallon jug. It's still kinda gassy so I put a mitivac stopper on the main part of a 3 peice airlock and pumped out the co2. Since I have a lot of glass now, I'm going to take a look at Wade's famous aspirator pump setup and see what I can do.
We are about to head to my parent's house for a cook out and then to the Farm Museum for fireworks. Hope everyone has a happy and safe day!

Cut it back a lot and wait for new shoots. They seem to be producing the most fruit for me.

Yes FREE isnice! I got this Martin guitar and amp the oher day for ten dollars, thats almost free, huh:sm?

quitar.jpg

Still trying to work out the details brother, hell I dont even know what the knobs are for!! LMFAO!

It sounds pretty good. I trid to plug it into a tree, but I have a feeling I am missing something. Maybe its the wrong kind of tree.

Last edited:
I think Troy has a generator hooked up to a bicycle. :slp
The faster he peddles the more juice he creates.:pic

pruh-zacty!

What is the recommended ABV on a guitar like this you rekon?
LOL

Got about low 70's here today, just about right, not to humid, but a little muggy.

Think I may cut up a few trees, gonna need some campfire wood.

Not sure why, but guitars always sound better around a campfire. They really sound good after about a case of beer!

Racked my 18+gallons of Peach I started last Sunday. WOW! The smell is Hmm Good !

Who Jimmi? this voice keeps resonating in my head, "there must be some way out of here!!"

LMFAO.

That mint is pretty good! LOL

I bet it would make good tea also!
:sm

Just want to thank Deboard for information that he posted in a thread about label programs I was able to print out some labels for the wine that I just bottled

What are you using Jack, as far as your label program. been alot of info in here about programs for the average Joe(or Jack)? LOL

The Avery program Wolf was talking about is very simple to use. I was able to get Corel Draw ( brand new for 5 dollars,) score!, so I may explore it, but just for wine llabelss, the Avery one too is very good. I like the SERIF too, but just for labels, the Avery one may be the way to go.

Last edited:
Excellent. Wade recommened that one to me an I messed with it a bit. Like anything, you need to learn it,butit is a great program.

So when do we get to se your first label?

LOL

Here you go now remember I am new to winemaking so I am still learning what all to do

wine label 001.jpg

wine label 002.jpg

Sitting on the deck cruising the net. Very nice evening. I have had to bring work home every evening this week but I decided today was enough, I wasn't doing anything. I will be celebrating the 4th with two of our children tomorrow, the other two live out of PA, actually one is in SC and the other is in S. Korea. Today Mike and I grilled chicken and I made angel hair pasta with tuscan house dressing, tomatos and onions, topped with mozza cheese. We drank a bottle of riesling with it, it was definitely a good match. A very nice evening.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back