What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna rack off my 23 litres of Lime wine, start a new batch of Feijoa and then I'm off to watch the All blacks play Wales in a rugby test here in Hamilton. Go the AB's. Hope the rain stays away, at least you can get wine there!!!LOL

The well is done!!!! We have water. It was rough work. I had to make sure my hand was steady on the throttle on the quad and keep the speed very slow while Mike was pulling the 125 feet of water line up from the well but I did it and phew am I exhausted. :tz

I can now run the dishwasher, clothes washer and take a shower all at the same time! Thank you God.

good deal! I am glad it all worked out for you.

Ill be ottling my Blackberry wine tomorrow after work if Im still alive cause I have a hard day ahead of me there but I have to start clearing off my wine bench, Im out of room. i did mange to keg last years Raspberry the other day though and tried a glass last night just to see how its coming along and must say that batch came out awesome and carbed really fast. Its the same batch that I won best fruit wine with as I did a 12 gallon batch and bottled what didnt fit in the keg also. Ill be drinking this for the 4th along with some family thats coming over from Michigan again like last year. The Blackberry has been oaking for 1 month now and is perfect so gots to get it off now.

Glad you are all set. Nothing worse then not having utilities. Thats why Ihave a biug generator that can run almost everything in my house pretty much all at the same time if the power goes out. the only things I cant do is put the oven on self clean which we never use anyway or run the dryer. Probably could do the dryer but just never really thought it was needed enough so left ot off the emergen breaker.

The well is done!!!! We have water. It was rough work. I had to make sure my hand was steady on the throttle on the quad and keep the speed very slow while Mike was pulling the 125 feet of water line up from the well but I did it and phew am I exhausted. :tz

I can now run the dishwasher, clothes washer and take a shower all at the same time! Thank you God.

Well glad everything worked out for you and the family. I've had to go with out necessities but only for short periods of time and I didn't have to do anything to get it going again.

Well as you can see from this and last post I'm still awake after the long day. I'm ready for another glass of wine. Maybe I'll go clean and sanitize the primary and start the strawberries thawing so I can start the strawberry wine.

I meant to say in my previous post that we are very proud of our daughter Bekah, she is a bright and determined young lady at this point in her life and I'm sure she will go places. She will accomplish anything she sets her mind to and I couln't be more proud of her.

It will be a big adjustment for all of us when she leaves for school. Her little sister will he absolutely heart broken with out her as she totally idolizes her. I will likely need to see what accomodations can be made for early Sept as far as school goes and flights to SC. She will only be in school a couple weeks and will probably be taking a few days off when her brother returns from Afghanistan. I would not want her to miss that and I will do everything in my power to make sure she can at least fly in for a weekend to see him.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. Tomorrow my oldest son and I are going on another ride. I do need to get more strawberries and sugar at some point in time.

I was wondering about you still being up. Dang I could of put you to work here racking tonight.

Doug sorry I spelled you daughters name wrong earlier. You are right about the bond between them. Anyone could pick that up in a minute. It was cool watching them interact with each other.

Just finish bottling, Corking & Labeling my Pinot Gris
picture.php

it rained earlier and water drained off the roof. Does that count as running water?

I have to cut a new piece of blue board tommorrow to make sure the lil ladie is compfy.

if you know what I mean, sounds like most of you dont....

Spent some time the last few day scouting elderberry locations. Best guess, based on last year's yield is there will be enough for 30 gallons of wine. Might try to make a port-style with matching brandy. That is if I can stand to clean all those berries.

Spent some time the last few day scouting elderberry locations. Best guess, based on last year's yield is there will be enough for 30 gallons of wine. Might try to make a port-style with matching brandy. That is if I can stand to clean all those berries.

LOL, boy do I know what you mean about cleaning them but they are worth it. For the elderberries in my backyard I use a hair pick and just comb them off of the tree and these go into the freezer. The ones that my friend gives me are placed in small bags and frozen first then I take them off of the stems.

I tried all the methods involving a comb, fork, freezing and banging the bag. Mostly all I got was burst berries and not much increase in speed. Just pulling them off with my fingers proved the best and netted about 1 gallon per hour. And the purple stain washed right off. The wine is a hit, too. Just gave some away a few minutes ago. Very much looking forward to it again this year.

SCORE !!!

Today I got
3 cases 25#ea Peaches = $1.00 a case = 75#'s
3 flats 8#ea Strawberries $2.00 a flat = 24#
Used 40# (pitted 2 cases) to start 6 gallons and the rest froze for the f-pac.
Strawberry is crowned, sliced and froze

My fruit Guru.. He looks for fruit "past its prime" He calls it "ugly fruit". FYI I only tossed 6 peaches maybe 3#'s of strawberry.

bottled 3 gallons of blackberry wine today OH MAN is it already good!!!! gonan be really hard to age this one as im already enjoying the dregs of the bottling bucket LOL! gonna start my Skeeter Pee soon tho i think i shall call it Skippy.....dont know why just dont wanna call it PEE! LMAO!

Back