Post pictures of your wine workbench

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wee , I just got my pump from wade home today and am trying to figure best set-up for it . The set-up location is still in the works , me brain is havin a melt down , guess I should stop thinkin to much . Anyways , below is a pic of it so far .

VacuumPump002.jpg

You need more purple stains on that wall. Maybe the first time you fire that pump up, the hose will get away from you and shoot wine all over.

workbench.jpg
[/IMG]
Can't see the full carboys on the bottom too well... The one's on top are clowly being filled with beer as most of the are 5 gallons.

Dan, it looks like you're ready for an expansion project. LOL

Mike very nice set up. I love looking at all the different colors of wine in the carboys and different stages they are at. Question, the second picture, in the front row about third from the right. It looks like you have a pitcher of wine sitting there. What kind of container is that, I couldn't make out what kind of closer it had either.

That's quite an amount of wine...

To quote from the movie Jaws, "I think you are going to need a bigger boat!"

My work bench is ON my floor... LOL.

Here are some (not all) of whats aging.

Mike very nice set up. I love looking at all the different colors of wine in the carboys and different stages they are at. Question, the second picture, in the front row about third from the right. It looks like you have a pitcher of wine sitting there. What kind of container is that, I couldn't make out what kind of closer it had either.

The container is a large glass vase, it's still open in the pic, we just got done mixing up that batch. We covered it right after the pic was taken with a towel held with rubber bands. Also, we put it in a stainless steel pot because of worries if it's a very active fermentation and might erupt!:se

I'm jealous if you guys with dedicated areas!
Mine is in the laundry room, going around the treadmill. It's near the furnace so it's a steady 70º in there. I have a deep sink and a 4' long bench area that has my carboys on top and my UPS, server and network storage underneath. The wall right behind that is the phone & network wiring, switches, wireless, cable stuff and the circuit breaker. I keep hoping nothing breaks!

Better than nothing right? At least the temp is steady, kids don't play in there and my wife doesn't complain.

That's much like my situation, roblloyd! My wife cleaned out an area in the mud room/laundry room and also moved her cleaning supplies/equipment out of a connecting closet. I'm blessed to have that though. I've got her support when it comes to wine making, but we just don't have a large dedicated area for the hobby. Although I'm heavily drooling while looking at some of these setups, I have to be satisfied with what I have.

Reinforced Work Bench

This past weekend one of our members posted photos of their table which colapsed with about 35 gallons of wine. This incident put the fear of God in me and I decided to add some additional support to my work bench.

Here is a photo of the bench taken this morning.

Happy fermenting,
Paul

July 11-2011-16-1.jpg

Wine Making Work Bench

Is that your grape press on the right side of the bench

Jstar, this bench has been used for wood working and other typical shop jobs. I haven't decided to move the vise yet, but very well may. This is my first season as a winemaker. A press and crusher are two items that I still long for. I'll need to do something for a press this season as I really want to make wine from North Carolina grapes this year.

Happy fermenting,
Paul

I know how you feel about the grape crusher and press I have to buy both of them before my grapes get ripe this year this will be the first year that I will get to harvest grapes from my vineyard

Paul, looks good and thanks for sharing. Most all of us started out using what ever we had and made due. We added to the hobby a little bit at a time as money and spouse allowed.

Okay guys/gals. Don't laugh too hard.
1) I'm a beginner
2) My house doesn't have a cellar (and I'm really envious of you guys with one)

This is my "little" work area, although when working, I go from the mud room to the kitchen when more space is needed.

I have some of the bottles still soaking in the bath tub but I have the 90 bottle tree filled with exception of two bottles.

DSC06878.jpg

DSC06880.jpg

Almost gross....
DSC06881.jpg

My little work space...

DSC06889.jpg

DSC06890.jpg

The closet where I store my chemicals, supplies and aging wine (I only have two carboys and one gallon going right now)

DSC06888.jpg

DSC06887.jpg

DSC06885.jpg

DSC06886.jpg

And my little 60 bottle wine cooler...

DSC06891.jpg

DSC06878.jpg

Latest posts

Back