Post pictures of your wine workbench

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good SP! I started in an empty hall closet 2 years ago this month myself. It was tight but it worked for 6 months or so till I turned an outside unused office into a 180 ft2 temperature controlled winery/cellar. Its not huge but its mine! :sm

Thanks for the encouraging words, ibglowin. I have a drawing board that I place over the washer and dryer that gives me added workspace within the mud room so at least I do have more space than the little closet.

Dan, that link didn't work but that sounds a lot like the Elaina Bobbit incident. Ouch! I hope my wife would never do that. If she did, it better kill me for sure. She's been helping with the bottles so as long as I make her some wine, I think she'll keep me around. :D

On edit: I replaced the asterisk with the correct word and the link worked. Still.... Ouch! That is very disturbing!

Last edited:
Bob that's a nice space you have there. A lot of people would die for that space. If I could only make one suggestion or word of caution. Move the bottle tree off of the cabinet. I have had them tip over while sitting on the floor just from being stupid and removing the bottles from one side as I was bottling. They can get tippy especially while top heavy. Again great space you got there.

Its all about what works!!!! I surely didnt start off where I am today! Just like everyone with limited funds you start with nothing and slowly add and add and add and add..........., Ummmm, no it never stops!!!!!

Thanks guys and thanks for the bottle tree advice Dan. I'm gonna' risk it for it now as I've already got the work around the tree habit going. It's a short tree (45 bottle) so it's not too bad on balance.

If I would've known then what I know now, I would have finished walls and such first. It has grown a bit at a time though. Some day maybe I'll pull it all out, rearrange a bit and finish everything off to make it pretty.

I've seen a lot of good ideas posted here that could be incorporated in a ground up remodel.

That'll have to wait until all of the planting gets completed though. My orchard is on a 3 year plan to have everything in the ground - two more spring seasons of intense labor to go!

Well this isn't exactly my wine making work bench since I've been booted out of the basement. My oldest son and his family moved in when he started pharmacy school and couldn't work as many hours as he needed. They sold their house and moved in with us thanks to my wife offering our two bedroom basement with a kitchenette, living room, a full bath and a second laundry area. Therefore I had to take it somewhere else which ended up being one of the other kids old bedroom. The temp stays perfect for wine so that's where I ended up.
I'm really glad we built this size of a house when they were all home. At least I can always go to another room. :d
This is what I have going right now with my Skeeter Pee in primary and tomorrow i'm starting my hot pepper wine.

Copy of Wine making 7-30-11.jpg

Looks really nice Rick. Nice that you were able to let them move in and still have room for the wine. Have you noticed any of the carboys dropping in volume yet. LOL

Looks really nice Rick. Nice that you were able to let them move in and still have room for the wine. Have you noticed any of the carboys dropping in volume yet. LOL

Not yet however when that one was younger I had to fabricate a steel liquor cabinet to lock up under my bar.

Thats awesome that you still have somewhere to go and now have a built in helper when needed!

Thats awesome that you still have somewhere to go and now have a built in helper when needed!

Thanks and yeah those former 101st Airborne guys can carry a 6 gallon carboy full of wine up the steps like it's nothing. It's part of his rent.

wineroom4.jpg

wineroom3.jpg

Hi, I'm daisy and I'm a winemakeaholic...

What do you do with the Torani syrups? I sell that to restaurants, coffee shops and hotels.:br

Latest posts

Back