So, how many gallons are you folks making?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBB

Reaction score
Seems like at least a few of you are 'this close' to being commercial winery's!:h

So typically speaking how much are you folks making a year?

Depending on the grapes of course, and how much I can glean from you fine people, I'm anticipating approx 100-120 gallons next year. :d

Seems like at least a few of you are 'this close' to being commercial winery's!:h

So typically speaking how much are you folks making a year?

Depending on the grapes of course, and how much I can glean from you fine people, I'm anticipating approx 100-120 gallons next year. :d

I will likely be doing about 50 - 60 gal. May do a few more if I find the time.

I currently have 94 gallons going either in carboys, barrels or my demijohn. That should be it for this year until not later than Spring 2012. I will probably do about 100 gallons next year, 45 in the Spring, 45 in the Fall and another 10 somewhere along the line.

I make my limit .. 200 gallons a year.

I have 15 carboys aging.

I'm on schedule to make about 150 gallons in a year. And the wife and I drink most of it! :dg

With all the bad weather this year I fell 40% short of my goal for the year but ended up with right around 1200 gallons. But don't worry I am one of those you suspect are close to commercial............ got my licenses last year.

With all the bad weather this year I fell 40% short of my goal for the year but ended up with right around 1200 gallons. But don't worry I am one of those you suspect are close to commercial............ got my licenses last year.

Nice. I may need to pick your brain sometime down the road.;)

That makes YOU over the limit.

U trying to catch up to me?

That makes YOU over the limit.

U trying to catch up to me?

Ahh but I didn't quote the size of the carboys. 6x31 is only 186 which is the largest carboy. No more bottling before the New Year either.

So Tom do you know this answer? When is the limit counted? It can't be before fermentation as that's only juice. So is it everything after fermentation or everything bottled. Say I started 100 gallons last year and they are aging does that mean I can only make another 100 this year? Sure glad the New Year is right around the corner.

Well I only have 51 gallons right now but Ive bottled most of mine and dint make much at all this year but I believe next year will be a big one as Im getting low on lots of stuff. Just started one yesterday though.

I have about 70 gallons ageing in carboys, 15 gallons of elderberry from around 70 lbs of berries fermenting, and at least 100 bottles in the rack.

The stuff doesn't stay around long. I give it all away.

The exception will be a bottle of gooseberry Lon gave me. The wife and I are going to drink that one. I like the taste of that one.

Gots to plant a few bushes this spring.

I do about 72 gallons per year. I have worked out a schedule where I start one 6 gal batch each month and bottle one batch each month. I have 6 carboys and a small barrel so most kits gets 6-7 months aging. I am at my limit with SHMBO on carboys in the kitchen so longer aging has to take place in the bottle.

Back