Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the distinct pleasure of popping the cork on a bottle of TonyT's CC Showcase Rosso Fortissimo last night. w0W! was that wine amazing. I have had this wine resting for about a year now and it was right at 2 years old. Simply a stellar wine. I loved the fact that I had just had one of my own versions of that wine about 2 weeks ago so it was really fun to compare the differences in how a wine can turn out due to a winemaker, even in kits!

That's good to know. I've got this very same kit clearing right now. Thanks for the review. Now, to keep it hidden for a few years...:?

The first time I met Dan Wolfe "Runningwolfe" was when I bought several cases of bottles from him. At that time he generously gave me several bottles to sample. One of them was a Chocolate Orange Port. I have never been a fan of sweet wines or of ports. I always drink and enjoy dry wines. Tonight I was at a friends christmas party and we opened the bottle. WOW! What a great wine! It tasted alot like a sweet coffee. not anything that I expected. Great job Dan! I will be talking to you about it.

Just swapped red grape marinate with Rocky and can't wait to taste and comment.

Rocky, I noticed odd cork/closures on your bottles. Are those Zorks or some super heavy duty closures? If so what has been your experience?

I keep forgetting to post up here. I have had several other winemakers' wines.

Watermellon/Strawberry, all I can say about this is DJROCKINSTEVE, I WANNA ANOTHER BOTTLE!!!

Watermelon/Strawberry made by Djrockinsteve. I have never had a wine that I have not liked that came from Steve and the only thing I can say about this wine is I WANNA ANOTHER BOTTLE!!!!!:tz Watermelon flavor was very prominent with a nice strawberry finish. Crisp with a nice mouthfeel.

Last edited:
We opened a bottle of TERRY0220's Strawberry wine the other evening. Very nice. Good body, very sublte strawberry flavor, no off tastes. For a first non-kit wine, she kinocked it out of the park.

Ah Doug, you beat me to it! I second what Doug says, Good job Terry! I found it very very flavorful, great mouthfeel, sweetness was dead on, just a very good wine.

Well, hell! I need to get in on some of that wine swapping, I have a real kick *** Quad-berry Melomel to trade.

We opened a bottle of TERRY0220's Strawberry wine the other evening. Very nice. Good body, very sublte strawberry flavor, no off tastes. For a first non-kit wine, she kinocked it out of the park.

Ah Doug, you beat me to it! I second what Doug says, Good job Terry! I found it very very flavorful, great mouthfeel, sweetness was dead on, just a very good wine.

Thank you both!! I am happy with the way it turned out. Sometimes it is a little too sweet for me, so I had taken out a gal. and blended it with a Riesling that I wasn't happy about it, have 2 gals of that now I need to bottle it! Speaking of,,,since now I have my allinone pump and I am allowed to use it since Christmas is over, I can start to play with it! :h

Well, hell! I need to get in on some of that wine swapping, I have a real kick *** Quad-berry Melomel to trade.

Go to the wine trades section and post up. I've got a few that I think I'll want to trade come summer.

Just enjoyed Rocky's Recetta di Stefano red blend. Man this is goooooood. Tons of lush fruit up front then huge tannins and long a$$ finish. Great job Rocky.

Opened and enjoyed Julie's Sauvignon Blanc last night,,,I really enjoyed it. Had the right flavor and just the right amount of sweetness for me,,,so good I drank the whole bottle and didn't share,,,lol!!

Kudos to Joeswine!

Hi everyone,
I'm sure there is a specific spot on the forum for this type of post but I could not find the right thread to put this under. (Moderators: Please feel free to move this to the right thread.) I wanted to put something up here to give credit where credit is due.
I've recently had the pleasure of acquiring two bottles of wine from Joeswine and I'll have to say, he sure knows how to make a great bottle of wine!
Joe gave my husband and I a bottle of peach-appricot chardonnay and a bottle of banana-pineapple viognier. Both bottles were excellent! Both wines were well balanced so you could tell what flavors you were tasting, had a nice body, and had just the right amount of sweetness. My favorite was the peach-apricot chardonnay. I should have taken a picture of the wine because it would have lasted longer!
Way to go, Joeswine for a job well done!
=-):br

shoebiedoo

:u Last night we made dinner, I chose to cook a spiced rubbed center cut pork chop, garlic infused /three cheese with cilontro mashed potatoes, a romaine salad with baby grape tomatoes and goat cheese with red wine vinaigrette.:sm

:u Now I need something to go with it,shoebiedoo, sent me two bottles, wine, one a red and Italian Barolo, the other Riesling, I chose a the Riesling, it has a natural taste profile that goes well with pork and/or spicy meat, good choice.:sm

:u Taste profile, the Riesling had a good profile, clean, crisp, had some fruit notes along with bite on the backside, these are the trademarks of Riesling and this Riesling had it all, I'm not sure but I think this was a kit and correct me if I'm mistaken, it also had, had good balance front to back .. Please fill free to send yours:h (for evauation only):h joeswine.............:h

Barolo on Next.........., nice job shoebiedoo,:sm

Last edited:
Joe, You're much too kind :D:D Thanks for the comments as I really wasn't sure about that one. my wife absolutely HATES it :ft:ft I believe it may be because she drinks it alone. It needs to be with food, I think. As for the Riesling itself, that was a Chilean juice bucket from L'uva Bella in Ohio.

Thanks again Joe

BTW, I never even knew this thread was here!!! :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I'm sure there is a specific spot on the forum for this type of post but I could not find the right thread to put this under. (Moderators: Please feel free to move this to the right thread.) I wanted to put something up here to give credit where credit is due.
I've recently had the pleasure of acquiring two bottles of wine from Joeswine and I'll have to say, he sure knows how to make a great bottle of wine!
Joe gave my husband and I a bottle of peach-appricot chardonnay and a bottle of banana-pineapple viognier. Both bottles were excellent! Both wines were well balanced so you could tell what flavors you were tasting, had a nice body, and had just the right amount of sweetness. My favorite was the peach-apricot chardonnay. I should have taken a picture of the wine because it would have lasted longer!
Way to go, Joeswine for a job well done!
=-):br

I had Joe's Amerone and was very surprised on how smooth it was!!! made me put my batch in the crawl space for a few years :try

For those of you who have not done so, I highly recommend trading wine with other memebers. I traded some with JohnT and TonyT and I could not be happier. I have yet to try TonyT's wine but I did have JohnT's Carmenere tonight and it was outstanding. Deep, rich color, great taste front to back and wonderful fruit (berries) flavor. We have some super talent on this forum. Take advantage of it!

John has me looking for a crusher and re-thinking not making wine from fresh grapes! I am sure that Tony's wine will be awesome too.

Latest posts

Back