Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amarone time

YES, TONYT'S AMAROME WAS VERY ,VERY GOOD..............STILL HAVE THE LITTLE BOTTLE LEFT TO OPEN TONY.....SOON.:b

Well a couple of weeks ago I realized that I have a boatload of Runningwolf's and FFemt's wine, so I'm been drinking them.

Dan your White Merlot was awesome, nice mouth feel and very smooth and a lot of flavor . I tasted cranberry and apple and just loved it. The other wines I had were your Fredonia, Diamond and Traminette, as always, good flavor, good mouthfeel.

Doug, you as well have some great wines. I had a bottle of your cab sauv that I forgot I had, boy was that good. Nice and smooth and not too sweet. I am currently drinking your Chardonnay. I was never a fan of Chardonnay but you might change me on that. I like that oak finish in this. The taste just lingers for a long time afterwards.

Julie, what are you going to try tomorrow?

Well Rob, I still have Doug's Chardonnay that I haven't finished so I will be drinking that. And then there is Rodo's wines. I still have a couple of bottles of his wine.

you can't go bad with Rodo's or Doug's wines. Unless you consider a wife nagging you about how YOUR wines need to get better like those two winemakers....

My wifes dry wine loving cousin from Atlanta GA is here this week. While most of my wines are semi sweet to sweet I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to open some wines from friends. Flem's Carmenera and Runningwolf's Riesling were both big hits tonight. :br

Thanks Rod. For a $50 bucket of juice and a few ounces of oak, that Carmenere has been a huge hit.

My wifes dry wine loving cousin from Atlanta GA is here this week. While most
of my wines are semi sweet to sweet I thought it would be a perfect opportunity
to open some wines from friends.

So tonights wine was Al Margita's Zinfandel which was enjoyed by all.
I'll have to add this one to my to do list. :br

Had a bottle last weekend of Mike Ibglowin's Rosso di Toscana 2010, Super Tuscan that I've held onto for about a year now. Man was it good. My kids were in for the weekend so I told them we would sample a bottle from one of my many mentors. I didn't open any of mine cause I didn't want any compare and contrast . . . hahaha. Really Mike, it was terrific, what kit was it? If your wine from grapes turns out better, wow! Thanks for sharing. I'll refill your bottle with the MMR Montepulciano that I am bottling today.

Hey Tony,

Thanks for the feedback. I still have yours, been holding on to it as well as it was just a baby when I got it. It might be just about ready I think. That was a CC Showcase Rosso Fortisimo. Just the regular, not the LR they did after I bought mine. That one had pretty good barrel time and some Tancor as well. Thats a good one for sure!

:tryJeannie and I finished a bottle of Julies delicious 2011 Sauvignon Blanc today.:try

:tryAlso last week we enjoyed a bottle Dan's Peach Apricot Chardonnay:try

Thanks Rod. There's a bunch more where that came from when get get back out this way sometime.

I am finding Chardonnay to be a great wine to blend with. Thats the CA/Chilean Chardonnays that are on $50 a pail. I don't blend with the native Chardonnay.

Thanks, Rod, Sauv Blanc is turning into one of my favorites. We still have 2 Mystic Berries left of yours and a Rougeon and decided to hoard these for awhile because they are exceptionally good

Just tried a glass of djrockinsteve's Mixed Black. Wow, Steve, last evening I stated that if you balance your wine well, you can make a dry wine taste like it was backsweetened. I know you did not do this but the flavor of this blend is outstanding. I"m puttin this on my Christmas list!!!!!!!

Have to chime in here as well, djrockinsteve's Mixed Black was awsome, as well as the wines Hokapsig brought, Julie you got me hooked on the moscato and the carlos bronze,,,,those two are on my wish list!!:D

:d did I hid it well yesterday???? LMAO!!!

Have to chime in here as well, djrockinsteve's Mixed Black was awsome, as well as the wines Hokapsig brought, Julie you got me hooked on the moscato and the carlos bronze,,,,those two are on my wish list!!:D

:d did I hid it well yesterday???? LMAO!!!

LOL, yes you did. And we need to get you some Carlos to grow, I can work on that. I never had the chance to get a drink of Steve's Mixed Black yesterday but I'm enjoying it now!

In fact I am looking at Double A's catalog right now to figure out which vines I want,,,,lol, and enjoying a glass of vino too,,,remember I don't drink,,I sip,,,roflmao!!:p

Latest posts

Back