What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 30 pounds of peaches in the bucket thawing out. Should be able to add the sugar n yeast to em tomorrow morning YAY I'M MAKING WINE AGAIN!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

I've got 30 pounds of peaches in the bucket thawing out. Should be able to add the sugar n yeast to em tomorrow morning YAY I'M MAKING WINE AGAIN!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

OMG, OMG, OMG, MY HEART IS POUNDING, NIKKI IS FINALLY MAKING WINE. You go girl, it's about time you did this. I bet you got scared I was taking your carboys from you didn't you, :)

Make sure you add Pectic Enzyme !

Welcome back!

Wade I think you need to get all your labels made up ahead of time for all of your wines and then have a bottling party. It actually could be a fun day. If I was close to you and out of the harvest season I would help you out.

Hollerday Activities

Bottled a carboy full of Cabernet Sauvignon, and chilled with my wife drinking one of the last few bottles of my Triple Berry Skeeter Pee.

100_0483.jpg

Now, my lovely wife does not like dry wines. She likes her juice sweet and light. I made her try the CS we were bottling, and I was amazed that she liked it. I pulled down a bottle of CS I had purchased to top off the carboy (since I am only a few months into this hobby, I don't have my own finished wine to keep them full).

After tasting mine and then the store bought wine (Gallo Family), I literally nearly gagged! The store bought stuff was absolute crap! It was very very harsh and tart compared to the wine I had just made, which still needs to sit in the bottles for a while before drinking.

I am ruined for that grocery store goat urine they call wine. Yuck! And they sell that swill for $10+ a bottle to the masses? Are you kidding me?!

Most are made but there are a few that I still need to design. Have plenty of bottles to do it just dont have the ambition to do it but I will get it done soon as I need to for the holidays to give out.

LOL ya ya ya , I took tomorrow off work so we could work on the house a bit. Figured I would start the batch.

I so feel your pain my wife can't stand hardly any store bought wine she prefers mine to any of them she says mine taste like the fruit/grape not like a wood casket lol

So guess who's the newest grandpa today . . . that's right! Today we welcome 7lb 8 oz Salvadore Jude Tortorice. I'll be teaching him how to make wine before you know it. :sm

So guess who's the newest grandpa today . . . that's right! Today we welcome 7lb 8 oz Salvadore Jude Tortorice. I'll be teaching him how to make wine before you know it. :sm

Congrats Tony

Congrats Tony! I just found out that grandchild #10 is on the way. :sh

I just got back from a weekend with my 2 grandsons... have to drive 13 hrs to visit. I hope yours are closer!

It's great being a Grandma!!

Debbie

On the honeymoon on Beech Mountain, NC. Will have pics later when the internet connection isn't so shoddy.

Back