What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy anniversary sarah hopes its a fun one lol steve its probly both of them

well just got home from picking grapes we got doug some bronze, nobles, and luckily we found some big reds so that made his day I think. I had a ball with them the 2 of them have the cutest daughter I think became pals of sorts seems she loves my cane, and I gotta tell it thank God I didn't have to pee or I'd been drowned (set up daughter is poking my cane through the grape vines being a kid having fun well mom wasn't noticing this and was picking away intent on grapes when all of a sudden this black thing darts out at her she bout well lets say the look on her face was priceless) oh man I couldn't keep from laughing.

well just got home from picking grapes we got doug some bronze, nobles, and luckily we found some big reds so that made his day I think. I had a ball with them the 2 of them have the cutest daughter I think became pals of sorts seems she loves my cane, and I gotta tell it thank God I didn't have to pee or I'd been drowned (set up daughter is poking my cane through the grape vines being a kid having fun well mom wasn't noticing this and was picking away intent on grapes when all of a sudden this black thing darts out at her she bout well lets say the look on her face was priceless) oh man I couldn't keep from laughing.

We all had a great time today Eddie. Andrea take a while to warm up to someone, but when she does, watch out. She had a ball today and OLesia had a really good time as well. Tomorrow ill be crushing grapes and trying to round up carboys for when I press in the next 2 weeks.

Just got back from the California Wine Country (primarily Napa Valley and Sonoma County). Had a wonderful time.

Got the muscadine crushed and in the primaries. I added 1 gallon of water for each 6 gallon bucket of grapes as was suggested. Initial SG's were as follows... Reds-1.050, Noble 1.030, Bronze 1.044. Those were the readings after h2o additions. All will be sweetened to 1.085 or there about. The reds are currently sitting at 1.090 after sugar addition. Bronze were sweetend as were nobles. I'll check sg tomorrow and then adjust as needed. Yeast will be pitched tomorrow afternoon. Whoo Hooo. If I guess about right after pressing I should have 60-65 gallons of various muscadine going.

Listed 7 auction on ebay, baked 2 dz cookies, 1/2 dozen granola bars, and granola. Made homeade butter, clenaed the kitchen (TWICE) and wrote an essay for homework... is it time for bed yet??? jeesh!

just racked 4 each buckets of my CA and Italian reds. I will wait a few days and add MLF to all. I added 4#'s of Cab grapes (destemed and squeezed) on all 8 for extra body and tannin. Will Oak soon as well,,...

Listed 7 auction on ebay, baked 2 dz cookies, 1/2 dozen granola bars, and granola. Made homeade butter, clenaed the kitchen (TWICE) and wrote an essay for homework... is it time for bed yet??? jeesh!

My God, do you realize if you would have not done the granola bars, granola, butter, cleaned the kitchen twice (once would have been enough) you could have made TWO batches of wine, I'm thinking probably three!!!!!!!!! :)

ROFLMAO!!! I soooo thought of that... and once would NOT have done!! I cleaned this mrning before I baked.. and just in case your one of them "clean cooks" I am NOT!!! it was a disastor when I was done LOL!

This yellow dog of mine is driving me batty!! Rain is in heat right now and there will be NO puppies (waiting for her to drop a few pounds so we can get her fixed) and all this yellow boy of ours is doing is shaking and twitching and moaning... he is about to become an outside dog!!!! Oh Man, where is the coffee, I didn't sleep well at all :(

I had the day off for Columbus Day so I spent the day with my 4 y/o. We went to the park and played for about 2 hours then we went to McDonalds for lunch and she played there as well. We came home and she took her nap. While she was napping I bottled my Cabernet Sauvignon to free up a carboy for the upcoming Muscadines.

Just put the brew belt on my carboy with the CRP. Tomorrow is degassing and stabilizing day. It made it down to 1.008SG.

Just racked my rhubarb and my Riesling from Walkers Fruit Basket buckets. I need to get off my Duppa and start doing some bottling for the Holidays. Most of the wine I have aging is at or over a year old and ready!

Picked up 10 gallons of Traminette and 5 gallons of DeChaunac from Randall Standish vinyards. Racked Vignoles, worked out in 8 days. Waiting for
Riesling to stop in primary. Smells real good in the basement again.:hug

Back