What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to start some of this. About how long did it take from primary to bottling? I guess what i'm asking is would it be ready by Christmas?

If you start it this week, it has a good chance of being ready

Sorry everyone.........glad the weekend's over! I finally have a day off tomorrow! :-D Been working aaaaaalllllllllllllllll weekend! Planning on transferring a few wines (a mint, blueberry and Cherry Pinot Noir) to the carboy/jugs tomorrow.

Bummer you had to work the weekend Sarah, I had a 3 day weekend which was nivce with the exception of it raining most of yesterday. Now its time to go watch some more Twilight Zone marathon!!!!

The joy of working in a hospital.........if the patients have to be there, so do we! At least my day off is supposed to be beautiful too! :)

I need to start some of this. About how long did it take from primary to bottling? I guess what i'm asking is would it be ready by Christmas?
You can get candy canes this time of year?

I had a semi-leisurely day today. I only had to get things ready for my wife's celbration today. Started with a Birthday Cake, complete with a butter creme frosting for a homemade carrot cake. I followed that with going and getting plenty of babyback ribs, dogs, burgers and chicken. I tended the tasting room all afternoon and then shut early at 5:00. I then grilled everything and we all enjoyed some peaceful quiet time. Oh, I also mowed the vineyard.

For me at least it was quiet after doing 4 farmers markets in 3 days. The two in one was on Friday which was our 33rd Anniversery. (We went out the evening before in anicipation of me having the narkets and getting done at 8:0 after 14 hours). Maybe I should clarify this and say I am a vendor and not just visiting them. I am beginning to feel like a traveling gypsy or carnie. By the way I will be adding another on this Wed.Tomorrow I need to do a couple bottling runs to replace sold out wines.

Edit: Maybe I should edit this post so you guys don't confuse me with Wade! (all the typos).

Last edited:
If I made it again I would skip the candy canes all together and just use peppermint extract.

Seriously? I found candy canes 80 ct for 12.99 on Amazon however the shipping was about as much as the item so i'm deciding if it's worth it or not.

Why not just use starlight mints? Same flavor... different shape. I saw someone making wine from the butterscotch ones too. The reason for candy cane wine in the beginning, I believe, is that they were gotten at a real bargain after the holidays.

Debbie

Why not just use starlight mints? Same flavor... different shape. I saw someone making wine from the butterscotch ones too. The reason for candy cane wine in the beginning, I believe, is that they were gotten at a real bargain after the holidays.

Debbie

I think you just scored me a JACKPOT! Thanks Debbie. I'll probably use a little of the extract too. Now to figure out the weight difference to know how many starlight mints to use.

I was at my son's house over the weekend and in his downstairs fireplace room sits his old toy box (which I took out of my attic and deposited at his house a year or so ago) filled with his old toys from his childhood. He's 34 now and has a 2 year old so the toys are getting a chance at a second life. But the lid was broken and he casually asks me - "Dad, can that toy box be repaired?" And I think for a moment and answer - "Do you mean to ask - Dad, can you fix my toybox?" He laughs, says it's a nice toy box, and I laugh. Today I went over to his house and fixed the lid, replaced one of his furnace/AC thermostats and finally set up the pancake air compressor in his garage that I had given him for Christmas. A good day. A few more things I can cross off the list.

That sounds like a daddy to do list is that anything like a honey to do list ?

I had a semi-leisurely day today. I only had to get things ready for my wife's celbration today. Started with a Birthday Cake, complete with a butter creme frosting for a homemade carrot cake. I followed that with going and getting plenty of babyback ribs, dogs, burgers and chicken. I tended the tasting room all afternoon and then shut early at 5:00. I then grilled everything and we all enjoyed some peaceful quiet time. Oh, I also mowed the vineyard.

For me at least it was quiet after doing 4 farmers markets in 3 days. The two in one was on Friday which was our 33rd Anniversery. (We went out the evening before in anicipation of me having the narkets and getting done at 8:0 after 14 hours). Maybe I should clarify this and say I am a vendor and not just visiting them. I am beginning to feel like a traveling gypsy or carnie. By the way I will be adding another on this Wed.Tomorrow I need to do a couple bottling runs to replace sold out wines.

Edit: Maybe I should edit this post so you guys don't confuse me with Wade! (all the typos).

Happy Anniversary!!! :br

Latest posts

Back