Snowmageddon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughter lives in Carlisle and they got 19" last night and expected to get up to another 2 feet.

22 inches so far here in west Baltimore, snowing and blowing very hard. If anyone wants a new snow blower I give my troybilt XP3090 5 stars. Ate through this stuff like a knife thru cool butter. It's dry fluffy snow, but still the blower is a snow throwing monster. However, I'm ready for it to stop now :)

Kids just went next door to eat pizza and watch Harry Potter. I just finished lunch and have a soccer match on. I think I'm going to have a glass of Zinfandel and drift off...

Crap! Snowblower just gave up, motor runs transmission sticks. Had to go old school
Stevr

From out here where the wind blows all the time, let it finish snowing, then move your snow. Otherwise strong winds will just drift the snow back where you have moved it from and you will just have to move it again. Been there, done that. Feel sorry for you folks going thru this. The work really starts when you have to dig out. Next worse thing is people have to move around before things are cleared out. Accidents and folks in the way of workers trying to get the snow cleared. Arne.

The good thing is it is happening mostly on the weekend when the largest percentage of people do no have to commute to work. Stay home if you can and let the street workers do their job.

Wow! Glad we only have around 24", I think. Wind kicked up so much I wouldn't know where to measure it and get an accurate measurement. Doesn't matter much, my arms will hurt whether it's 16-24-30 inches by the time I get to the bottom of the driveway. Got about 6 hours to accomplish that, I'll get started once I find my sunglasses.

In the beginning, there was snow. That pile at the bottom of the driveway is what worried me. Second image, success! Has since been improved, but enough for a car to fit and not have to park in the street. Shout out to my daughter to give me several hours of assistance. I was about to take the day off tomorrow (kids have off) but her help changed my attitude to a "can do" one.

Changed socks and drying inside of boots. After a quick look at the game I'll head back out and see if I can't get it wide enough that I can drive to work tomorrow (and not have to get up at 4 am so I can go in with my wife).

1-24-16_driveway-1.jpg

1-24-16_driveway-2.jpg

In the beginning, there was snow. That pile at the bottom of the driveway is what worried me. Second image, success! Has since been improved, but enough for a car to fit and not have to park in the street. Shout out to my daughter to give me several hours of assistance. I was about to take the day off tomorrow (kids have off) but her help changed my attitude to a "can do" one.

Changed socks and drying inside of boots. After a quick look at the game I'll head back out and see if I can't get it wide enough that I can drive to work tomorrow (and not have to get up at 4 am so I can go in with my wife).

Dude! Living in PA and having a driveway that long, you need a snowblower!

Thanks to some help from a neighbor with a snowblower, my drive and front walk are done. But this much snow was tough even with that - still had to shovel a ton. Those neighbors with snowblowers have cleared a series of paths within the cul-de-sac and the rest of the neighborhood to help the kids get around. Its hilarious. All you see is a bunch of heads bobbing around out there. If they were covered, it'd be like a human habitrail system out there.

Post picks after the plows come through. I suspect a huge pile at the end of your driveway.

Back