Snowmageddon

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim, Thanks for taking the hit for us up in Boston. We're expecting a heavy coating of a dusting. Only problem is I need to drive to the Cape on Monday to get a couple rooms measured for rugs. Expecting 6-10 inches there. Can't win all the time. Bakervinyard

You guys stole all our snow last year. Every storm left us with 1-3 inches and buried you guys. I'll take this one for the team. :h

Round 2 of shoveling is done, assisted by neighbor with snowblower.

We have floor-ceiling windows along much of the back of the house. And much of that is bordered by the deck. So I only have a few inches of clearance back there. Been out sweeping the deck off non-stop to keep the snow from piling up over the window sills. That and keeping the grill area clear. :sm

Last edited:
Went out the front door on the porch to feed the cat, up to my ankles. So I got the old measuring stick out and had 14". Can only imaging what BB has down south this morning!

Glad my wife and son went up to work last night. Plow just went through and wasn't moving real quick.

Haven't seen a snowfall total yet, but I think we are approaching two feet.

image.jpg

Maybe I'm just a little used to these conditions from living in the snow belt in northeast Ohio... But we got just over 2 feet of snow in about 12 hours on the 19th.

Either way, do your best to stay off the roads, try to keep pathways clear, and have a nice glass of wine in front of a fire. Especially the roads part.

Well, the storm is missing us here in New Brunswick. However, we are used to getting a lot of snow. And, really, I would have loved to get it! We could really use a big dump of it for snowmobiling. We only have about 6 inches on the ground. At this time last year we had a good 2 feet. Around here, you have to really embrace the snow and winter, or else you are miserable.

I love the stuff. I just hate shoveling it.

Another 12 hours or so of snowfall to go.

Last edited:
Hey Jim, Where is that grill at?? Good luck getting everything cleaned up. They are showing it on tv this morning. That same storm left us with a couple of inches, but that was a couple of days ago. Arne.

Hey Jim, Where is that grill at?? Good luck getting everything cleaned up. They are showing it on tv this morning. That same storm left us with a couple of inches, but that was a couple of days ago. Arne.

Believe it or not, this was al clear when I went to bed last night. I hate to admit it, but tonight's tandoori chicken may be postponed to tomorrow.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At 16 inches and trying to avoid shoveling. Opened the garage door, that way didn't look good, so I opened the side door, not real inviting either. There is about an 8-12 inch drop off that opening. Need to get the heat pump cleared out or I'll have a big ice pop before too long. Guess I gotta get on the boots and go start working. Have to get that grill cleaned off by lunch time.

Also noticed they upped the total for just east of rte 15 and south of the turnpike in Adams County to 2-3 ft. I'd be ecstatic if it slowed down and stopped in the next hour, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

At least my youngest daughter is feeling better after some decongestant, she's lobbying to come out and help me shovel.

PS. Jim, you've gotta get that grill closer to the house!

1-23-16_snow-1.jpg

1-23-16_snow-2.jpg

This isn't his grill but this should give you an idea of what his likely looks like. This was from here 2 years ago today.

Edit: I was too slow posting it, Boatboy got his in there while I was putting the post together. LOL

Grill.jpg

Rich that is how mine looked like yesterday before I knocked it all off. We got bombarded earlier this week but we are completely missing this storm.

Hard to say how much I have here just west of Baltimore. About 14 inches in most places with 3 foot drifts. The wind is blowing it around so much I can't say how much has fallen. Time to get my new Troybilt 3090 working. Not looking forward to opening the garage door in the face of the wind, will probably have a 3 foot snowdrift blow in. After that it will be racking time for my WE Eclipse Pinot Noir.

Last edited:
Wow. Just saw on the news that we've had 6 inches in the last 2 hours! And the system is strengthening.

We had thundersnow around 6 this morning.

First lap around with the snow blowers complete. 14-18" gone. There is already a couple inches of accumulation in just the last hour.

You folks in DC - good luck and be careful.

Brewing some coffee and searching for the aleve. It's gonna be a long weekend.

Last edited:
As now was suppose to start here around 7 BUT started at 5! We r on the line if either 1 - 3 inches or 3 - 6 inches. Guess we will know tomorrow. Either way we r home and watching The Martian and having a glass of 2013 Malbec

Mind over matter ,,, I don't mind and it don't matter!!!:sl
Good movie and your 2013 Malbec was delicious Julie:br

Latest posts

Back