REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pumps I use are not your standard 12 DC volt that would plug into a auxiliary outlet.
The pumps we use are 110-120 DC volts - the reason we had these made up this way was they run quieter and are more powerful to be able to run the vacuum pump portion.
so to answer your question - you should have no problem about the frequency as others have already done this before.

That's excellent news, because step-down transformers that convert the frequency are really expensive.

I think that's all my questions answered, I'm ready to buy!

btw any idea how many Watts the unit consumes and whether it needs an earth?

My older brother has been making wine for over 6 years and he introduced me to wine making 3 years ago. I had just returned from a trip to Italy and I thought it would be a good time to make some Italian wine from the year we visited. It was fun in the beginning, but the novelty quickly wore off when I had to degas for the first time, it was at this time I swore I would never make wine again! For the life of me, I could not see why my brother would go through all this trouble. After one more degasing and having the wand break forcing me to google and find the “plastic hanger solution”, I was at wits end and ready to just finally give up – literally throw it out! Like giving birth (not that I have any experience at that), passing time has a way of letting you forget terrible moments. I began to think “this is not so bad”, that is until I had to bottle! One more promise to myself to never make wine again. I was done, done, done and somehow my brother convinced me to join the McHenry-County-Corkers wine club and try one more time with the Chilean buckets of wine juice. Believe me, I was not looking forward to this process ever again. However, at the McHenry-County-Corkers gathering I met Steve (and his son) from AllInOneWinePump and they demonstrated the ease of racking and bottling using his pump; so I bought one. I can say with complete honesty, if not for the AllInOneWinePump I would not be making wine today; now I actually look forward to it. Since that time, my two brothers, nephew, and brother-in-law each bought their own pumps after seeing how well mine worked. Steve is a stand-up guy and he backs his product 100%, he goes above and beyond!

Steve's Customer Service is the best! He's been helpful all the way and answered all my questions.

Not only did he find a way of shipping for half the cost I was quoted, but when he found he got a bulk order discount he even gave me a refund of the difference!

It can be quite scary ordering things from overseas, but I have every confidence that this is a smart buy, can't wait to receive it (especially after a weekend filtering/bottling the old fashioned way!)

btw for anyone else in the UK/Europe wanting to buy one, the shipping only cost $55 after the $20 refund was processed.

It's hard to find the filters in the UK but if you look on Ebay there's a company in Northern Ireland who do the housing+spanner+fitting for £15, and 10 x filter pads for £20 both with free delivery.

Step-down transformers (to convert the UK/Europe ~240V down to US ~110V) are widely available on Ebay, make sure it's a 3 pin one rated for minimum 60 Watts.

New allinonewinepump user

Steve,
I hope you never stop getting great comments about your product.

Even though I was sure it would be good from all the great reviews, it has exceeded all my expectations! I haven't got to bottling yet but racking and degassing is great. As an engineer I always like to know how well things actually work. When my carboy got finished with secondary I tried "manual" degassing. I used my wine stirrer hooked to my battery operated drill and whipped all the gas out just like instructions tell you to. I even went extra time to make sure the gas was out.

Then I moved the wine to another carboy using the pump and expected that I wouldn't see any gas come out because I knew I had gotten it all with my extensive degassing. You can probably guess what happened next! When I racked/degassed with the allinonewinepump, there was over two inches of foamy gas on top of the wine. I was careful not to aerate it but I was amazed how effective it was!

I am certainly a believer in the product and a very happy customer!

Thanks for the great device that will save my drill and my back!

Now I can look forward to bottling!

Richard

Read the instructions!

For those that don't like reading instructions, please note that it is important to do so. I tried practicing bottle filling earlier this week with my allinonewinepump pump. I set everything up with a carboy of water, some bottles and hooked everything up. It worked great on the first bottle until I tried to stop! I was holding the bottle with one hand and used the other to lift the bottle attachment and break the vacuum. And you guessed it, the water overflowed the bottle and out on to my desk. After a moment of panic (ok maybe several seconds of water spilling out and rinsing off my wine desk), I realized I was siphoning out of the carboy and lifted the bottle high in the air to stop the flow. Now I fully understand why the directions clearly say to put the carboy on the floor!(which in my case I immediately forgot and left the carboy on the desk at the same level as the bottle I was filling.) At least it was only water and my desk probably needed a good cleaning anyway.

The instructions were very clear - I just had a mental lapse and didn't follow them. At least I won't make that mistake with my wine! (But boy did I feel dumb!). The pump is probably the best piece of equipment I've purchased for this hobby! (The rest of the bottle filling went great!)

Richard

Richard
Thank you for sharing your personal experience ! I am glad it was only water that you initially started with.
I can only hope that your experience will benefit others down the road -

Well I received my all-in-one bottle filling accessory yesterday in the mail, so I tested it out a few minutes ago and I must say I am totally impressed! Because I am not the smartest tool in the wine room I contacted Steve and he got me squared away in no time, really in two minutes time I had it hooked up and a bottle filled perfectly to the correct level!!!. I can't wait to bottle some wine this coming week!!!! Thank you Steve!!! Worth every penny plus some!!!

I received mine this week and bottled 2 x 23L kit whites yesterday.

First impressions? Amazing!

I've never filled my bottles so quickly or spilt so little - my missus couldn't believe that I'd been bottling :)

Easy to setup and clean, I can't wait to use it to filter and rack!

Once you've tried one you won't want to go back to the old way of doing things. If you make wine and don't have one then it's an essential investment.

Many thanks to Steve for creating such a brilliant product and giving such a high level of service!

I put my new Allinone to use this weekend. Racked 6 gallons of Pinot Noir and bottled 5 gallons of Blueberry. I'm most inpressed with the ease of bottling. This is truely a great piece of equipment. Thanks again to Austin and all else for the givaway and many thanks to Steve for his generosity!

I did my first bottling today with my allinone bottling attachment. It took me about 40 minutes to fill 23 mags and 31- 750's. I am so impressed, bottling will never be the same! Now my hand is sore from corking, lol I used to get a break between bottles filling, so I would cork and twittle my thumbs, now there's no time to cork till the filling is done. But that's a good thing! Thanks Steve!

Bottled 2013 Cab and 2013 Petite Verdot today! Over 175 bottles done... The Allinonepump got a work out today! The Cab has a 5% blend of Petite Verdot in it now... Grapes were from the Chalk Hill region of the 2013 harvest... Spent over a year in American Oak barrels. Taste spectacular!

I purchased the All in One pump two years ago and recently was racking an 18 gallon batch of wine into three 6 gallon carboys when suddenly the doorbell rang. I didn't shut the pump off for some reason when I went to answer it. I returned to find that the pump was now sucking the wine into itself. Shortly after that incident, I decided to bottle some wine and it was taking much longer than normal, so I knew I needed help.

I emailed Steve at All in One and asked if I could buy a new pump. He suggested that instead I ship mine to him so he could inspect it. He noticed the wine in the pump right away but was able to replace the seals, etc. He shipped it back with new hoses and a pressure relief valve. I also purchased the new racking device that wasn't available when I made my original purchase.

I'm happy to report that my old pump is like new again -- and at a fraction of the price of buying a new pump. My wife will never have to know about this small doorbell mishap. Shhhh...

My vacuum pump has made the bottling process so easy that I have my 12 year old son bottle with me. I've bottled over 1500 bottles this way in the last two years.

One thing that I didn't realize when I bought the pump was how much CO2 it would remove. After I realized this, I opened most of my old bottles of wine and poured them into carboys and degassed them and then bottled them again.

The next thing I need to invest in is the filter option. Even after aging my wine in the carboy for a year, I still find sediment in the bottle after another year.

This is turning into an elaborate hobby. Hehe!

Thanks Steve!

Getting ready for shoulder surgery, so I bottled 3 kits, and racked 8. Now I'm good for 3 months.

11 minutes to fill 30 bottles. 4 minutes to cork with a Swiss Rapid 14 Corker.
4 minutes to rack a 6 gallon carboy.

My only complaint: It is not really an "All-In-One". It still took me forever to, and did not help with, move each carboy from the basement to the Kitchen, clean and sanitize the bottles and carboys, etc. ;) However, it did help with sanitizing tubing.

Getting ready for shoulder surgery, so I bottled 3 kits, and racked 8. Now I'm good for 3 months.

11 minutes to fill 30 bottles. 4 minutes to cork with a Swiss Rapid 14 Corker.
4 minutes to rack a 6 gallon carboy.

My only complaint: It is not really an "All-In-One". It still took me forever to, and did not help with, move each carboy from the basement to the Kitchen, clean and sanitize the bottles and carboys, etc. ;) However, it did help with sanitizing tubing.

My experience exactly. I love this thing, but I need the equivalent for cleaning and sanitization. Those are where I spend most of my time now. Maybe I'm overzealous with sanitizing, but it takes me ~2hrs to wash 60 bottles and sanitize them. Then I bottle in record time. Washing carboys doesn't take as much time but it is difficult to manhandle them with care. I do kits in pairs to cut the cleanup of tubes and filter waste in half.

steve

My experience exactly. I love this thing, but I need the equivalent for cleaning and sanitization. Those are where I spend most of my time now. Maybe I'm overzealous with sanitizing, but it takes me ~2hrs to wash 60 bottles and sanitize them. Then I bottle in record time. Washing carboys doesn't take as much time but it is difficult to manhandle them with care. I do kits in pairs to cut the cleanup of tubes and filter waste in half.

steve

I know exactly what you guys are feeling that's why I developed - the allinone pressurized bottle washer/ sanitizer! !

It make your life a lot easier !!!

Video coming very soon /QUOTE]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back