REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at the Aeration-Oxidation Free SO2 Test Kit:
http://morewinemaking.com/products/economy-aerationoxidation-free-so2-test-kit.html

Seems like there is an opportunity to hook up the AIO to pull air, rather than the pump to push air.

I looked at the video - Rich
very interesting - but the pump on the AIO is way too powerful for this little task

- I would recommend a aquarium pump myself and do how they do - push air thru it rather than sucking .

For a 100 dollars - I don't think I would even bother with trying to build one

Totally agree. Unless you have a spare aquarium pump lying around the garage the price can't be beat. The pump they send has an inline adjustable valve so you can control the flow rate which is important. You only need a nice trickle of air. The kit comes with everything you need including enough phosphoric acid to do 10 samples. They also have online videos to show you exactly how to set up and run the test. The Vinmetrica is a fine system that sets up fast(er), analyzes the sample fast(er) and cleans up fast(er) but also cost 3X more. The regents are also proprietary in nature which means your kind of over a barrel as to where to buy from, cost, shelf life. Like I said tradeoffs in life

Just tried a "dry" run with water yesterday and I'm in love with this pump. Absolutely flawless and easy to figure out how to setup. Practiced using the bottling attachment and after a few bottles got the hang of it. I'll be using it in a week for the first time with a few wines I'll be transferring. Can't wait to see the degassing results! Absolutely the best Christmas gift I could have asked for! two thumbs up from this guy!

Devotion to wine making

I took this comment off my website, so hopefully your jaw would drop like mine did as I talked to this person.

I have been making my own wine for about 40 years. But, now at the age of 90, with a hip replacement and both knees replaced as well, I was finding the full carboys a bit difficult to lift. To eliminate the need for raising the wine for transferring or bottling, the All In One Wine Pump seemed like the perfect solution. However, not having a full understanding of the vacuum principle involved, I was somewhat confused by the various hoses and bungs.
I emailed Steve for help and he replied by phone within minutes!
Further hindered by my hearing impairment, Steve’s efforts to talk me through the process was a challenge. (At times it must have sounded like that famous Abbott and Costello routine “Who’s On First?) However, with his patience and good humor, my questions were all answered and the All In One Wine Pump is working like a charm. It’s a cleverly-designed, neat and light little unit and I can highly recommend both the product and the great service. Cheers!

– Laurence Wayman, Qualicum Beach, BC (Canada)

I took this comment off my website, so hopefully your jaw would drop like mine did as I talked to this person.

I have been making my own wine for about 40 years. But, now at the age of 90, with a hip replacement and both knees replaced as well, I was finding the full carboys a bit difficult to lift. To eliminate the need for raising the wine for transferring or bottling, the All In One Wine Pump seemed like the perfect solution. However, not having a full understanding of the vacuum principle involved, I was somewhat confused by the various hoses and bungs.
I emailed Steve for help and he replied by phone within minutes!
Further hindered by my hearing impairment, Steve’s efforts to talk me through the process was a challenge. (At times it must have sounded like that famous Abbott and Costello routine “Who’s On First?) However, with his patience and good humor, my questions were all answered and the All In One Wine Pump is working like a charm. It’s a cleverly-designed, neat and light little unit and I can highly recommend both the product and the great service. Cheers!

– Laurence Wayman, Qualicum Beach, BC (Canada)

I can only hope that when I am 90 I have the get-up-and-go to be making my own wine or at least supervising the making of it. It will be entirely possible with my All-in-one. If Steve is still around to help me when I run into issues, I am sure the customer-centric viewpoint and high quality equipment will still be there.

My All-in-One is absolutely the best purchase my wife ever made for me. (I would say best Christmas present ever, but it will be hard to top the three different bottles of Glenlivet and a bottle of Lagavulin Scotch that she got me this year.)

I get almost giddy hearing about people using it and loving it as much as I do. It isn't just the well packaged equipment. It is knowing that at any time I can drop him a note and in a day or so, we will be talking about it.

What a testimonial to a very useful problem.

Does the "all in one" include a filter? Or is that an add-on? I've bottled my first kit, and am in process with my second one. The RJS instructions strongly recommend filtering before bottling, so I was thinking of taking the plunge with the "all in one" if it also filters.
Thanks!

Does the "all in one" include a filter? Or is that an add-on? I've bottled my first kit, and am in process with my second one. The RJS instructions strongly recommend filtering before bottling, so I was thinking of taking the plunge with the "all in one" if it also filters.
Thanks!

If you go to my website
http://allinonewinepump.com/product/complete-standard-plus-degassing-and-filtering/
Theres a link where you can purchase everything you need to filter - it only costs approx 35 dollars includes everything you need including 2 filters.

We as a family decided that it was not fair to the consumer if we purchased the filter assembly from filter fast and have to re ship it out and increasing your cost dramatically.

Please check out this link in order how to index your filter housing -
http://allinonewinepump.com/product/wine-filter-setup/

Temperance Owl, even tho you need to order the filter setup separately this AIO with or without filter is absolutely the best way to go. I did a lot of reading on filtering before I bought my AIO and frankly I decided that since most people were unhappy with the speed and or leakiness of other filtering systems the AIO was the best way to go. The fact that it saves time and limits my required lifting is just a happy happy side effect. And that degassing is awesome.

REally, do some poking around and reading about what folks think of their other filters. There is no comparison to what this set up will accomplish for you and your wine.

Pam in cinti

Great story from Mr. Wayman -- brings a smile, but I'm not the least surprised. I have found that any questions about the AIO (including filtering with it) bring a PM and/or a phone call within hours, sometimes minutes.

Speaking of filtering, yesterday I used my Whole House Filter setup with the AIO for the first time. I had tried setting it up once before but had too much air - a note on the forum led to a call from Steve, and some guidance that I was able to apply this time for a successful use. Really very simple once you have it down.

I filtered three batches yesterday. For two of them, I filtered into a clean carboy, quickly cleaned the outgoing carboy, and filtered back into it (I'm running low on carboys). A third batch, I filtered, then swapped out for the bottling setup on the AIO, and bottled. With a floor corker and the help of Just-a-Boy, I think we bottled three gallons in about a half hour, and that includes organizing corks, final rinse of bottles, etc. Everything worked beautifully.

Here's a pic while filtering a 3 gallon batch.

IMG_1104.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, everyone. It sure sounds like the way to go.
All the reviews I've seen really love it.

I purchased All in one wine pump. It is the greatest. I don' have to lift any more full heavy carboys. Also don't need additional gadgets. It even degasses the wine. The valve malfunctioned. I emailed the company, and within minutes I received a call from Steve. Immediately Steve said he will send a new valve. Great customer service, and I highly reccomend this pump.

6 month review

I thought I would check back and give my impression after several uses.

I've now used the Allinone wine pump to bottle a 60 gallon barrel, several carboys and several batches of beer. It's a champ. It makes the whole job just so easy.

A couple things I've learned;

Feathering the valve is required for perfect bottle filling. Steve says to leave the little hole uncovered and perhaps there won't be as much foam/bubbles to even need the feathering. He also said I could drill another small hole for beer making to further reduce the foam. I might try that, but it's very manageable the way it is. Even though my overflow bottle was only half full, a little "debris" or foam seemed to have ended up in the air tube between the overflow bottle and the pump. Don't worry about this Steve says. The pump can take it. In my case, there was a little foam that disappeared the next day after leaving the tube hanging down overnight.

Also, don't sanitize the metal valve. No need, as only air passes. Sanitizing with acid (Starsan) could affect the valve over time.

All in all, a great product and a must have for most wine and beer makers!

Mark

All I have to say is;
After 4 years or so and at least 750 gallons later. My allinone is still going stong. I use and abuse mine and believe it or not. IT'S SHOE PROOF!!!!!!!!:br:br:br

I registered on WineMakingTalk.com mainly to leave a review for the AllInOneWinePump. This little pump and the owner of its company are A+ in my book. The customer service and customer relations alone are worth the cost of the product.

I wanted to purchase the AIO and had several questions for Steve. Steve called me back within an hour, talked with me for fifteen minutes or so answering all of my questions, and really sold me on the product. So, I ordered a few days later.

Shipping was very fast via UPS. The product was well-packed with gobs of brown paper for protection. Setup was a breeze and within five minutes I was running sanitizer through the pump's tubing and shortly after that I ran a kit batch of Shiraz into secondary, racked a batch of Strawberry wine to secondary, and cleaned out the tubing with some water. Everything worked flawlessly and FAST!

I have no qualms about this purchase and would gladly buy it again in the future, but due to the tremendous claims of longevity and this pump being a workhorse, I don't think I'll need to! Just above me, shoebiedoo stated that he's already transferred/bottled 750 gallons by AIO!

Thanks Steve for a great product and great customer service/relations!
Dave

I ordered my allinonewinepump (Complete: Standard plus degassing and filtering), my first use was for recking and so far i think it is the best piece of equipment in mywine room. Light and quiet. Easy to set up and use. All connectors and instructions included. It is definately the perfect labor saving device for my operation.

Clean up is also a snap !!

Good to see such great reviews for a newcomer trying to decide on equipment purchases.

Good to see such great reviews for a newcomer trying to decide on equipment purchases.

My only regret as a newbie was not buying my AIO sooner. It makes everything so easy and more fun. Hearing the purr of the motor and watching the wine move from vessel to vessel makes me feel like a mad scientist. BuWhahaha

Last edited:
I'm not as interested in the moving of wine as I am with the degassing and possibly bottle filling. I currently move beer from vessel to vessel with a low psi of CO2 (~3), which would work here as well. Agreed on wishing certain purchases were made earlier, I've definitely run into that with the beer hobby.

I'm not as interested in the moving of wine as I am with the degassing and possibly bottle filling. I currently move beer from vessel to vessel with a low psi of CO2 (~3), which would work here as well. Agreed on wishing certain purchases were made earlier, I've definitely run into that with the beer hobby.

I just talked to a beer maker and we decided that it was best to change everything from 3/8'' racking to 1/2'' to keep from pulling the CO2 out and it will transfer alot faster at the same time.

He found out that he can also fill his Sanke kegs using the allinonewinepump.

I just talked to a beer maker and we decided that it was best to change everything from 3/8'' racking to 1/2'' to keep from pulling the CO2 out and it will transfer alot faster at the same time.

He found out that he can also fill his Sanke kegs using the allinonewinepump.

Sure, I'm not saying that it won't do it. My only comment was that it was not a top requirement for me as I already have a reasonable solution to move liquid during fermentations.

With that said, I can see how this can be an "All in One" solution...

Back