REVIEW: *allinonewinepump*

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no pump with it. Checking online they make "vacuum tanks" like what you use for a garden sprayer and the plate filter looks almost identical...but the tank is only 3 gallons, lol. Seems to be a simple pressure pump. I'll give the plate a try once I get the AIO (ordering close to thanksgiving, if nothing unexpected pops up), and try it on a batch of water, first ;-) don't want to waste any wine if it blows up or something, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

RegarRenill -
You let me know if you are pulling in too much air through the filter and I know we can talk over the phone to make your plate filter last as long as you want to.

Lol, I WANT the whole house filter, it's more explaining to the wife why I have to buy another filter setup after she bought me one as a gift...she doesn't drink wine (or anything other than mixed drinks, really...anyone know how to make a wine that tastes like an Alabama Slammer? Lol), so she hasn't been the most supportive about the costs associated with this obsessi...hobby. Thanks for the offer and once I get the money together I'll be placing the order. Had to dip into the fund for some antibiotics for my daughter, 9mo old and had a bad upper respiratory infection, was a nervous moment for a first-time parent.

!

I am drinking my apple wine made from last year - it is really good ! A little sweet,but I add an ice cube and all is good.

Funny I am drinking my 1 year old Apple wine and mine is a little dry and harsh!
I will try dropping a cube in there!

All in one wine pump after 4 years

I know there are a lot of posts out there about the All in One Wine Pump. I've had mine since December 2010 and use it more with each wine making season. Originally I used it only for racking and used a Buon Vino for bottling. Frankly I was a little skeptical that the pump could meet all its claims.

I make about 40 gallons of wine a year and my Buon Vino now sits on a back shelf. Bottling couldn't be simpler. Last year I added the cartridge filter set up to my bottling process and moved the quality of my wine up another notch. The All in One Wine Pump has held up very well over the years with no problems other than those caused by my ineptitude with lose bungs.

Not having to move carboys at age 65 makes this hobby even more fun. If you're looking to purchase one piece of equipment to make your life easier this is the one you should purchase. Or do like I did and leave some hints for your spouse and maybe one will show up under the Christmas tree like mine did.

I can't believe I have been making wine for so many years without one. This is a must for any winemaker. Not only is it a great product it is very well put together. You get everything you need in the kit, no need to run to the hardware store. I was very impressed with the quality and ease of use. I even has color coded hoses for easy set up. Well worth the money and I highly recommend it.

I have reviewed the All In One before, but I needed to post an update. I have mainly used my AIO to rack, and I don't remember what happened last fall, but my able bodied assistant (my lovely wife) was not able to help me on bottling day, so I did it myself with the AIO. This year I broke her in on using the AIO. We had always used a gravity siphon on the dishwasher door before. Her reaction? "Why did we wait so long to buy this thing??" It's easier on her body to work at counter level and not a messy after you get the hang of it.

Why DID we wait so long to buy this thing?? :)

You talked me into it.
It's my annual present to mself :), get something every year!! Got here yesterday and i"ll be racking soon to try it out.

What an emotional day I had !

What an emotional day I had !
I went thru every single post of this review in order to help educate and possibly pick out several to be posted on my new website. I believe that I will be changing them up from time to time as I found so many incredible reviews out there.
So Thank you once again for taking the time and writing a review and bringing back so many fond memories over the phone or emailing you all !!

Last Saturday I racked 68 gallons of Cab and Merlot and then bottled 17 cases of Zin with the allinonewinepump. It was flawless. We just kept a fan pointed towards the air vent to help keep the motor cooler. Just another instance where this pump over-delivers.

Last edited:
Well I guess I'll pile on. Talked to Steve last week (he responded promptly to an email inquiry and answered all my questions), and ordered an AIO with the bottling setup etc. Arrived yesterday. Tonight, me and The Boy (10 year old Assistant) set it up and tested it out, racking a Star-San solution from one carboy to another. Wow!! What a beautifully simple, effective, clean device! While I was explaining to The Boy how it worked, it started gurgling as it had already moved the entire 5 gallons. "That thing is fast," said The Boy. It was so much fun, we swapped the cane and bung and racked it back again. Awesome device, really. Cleaned up in maybe 60 seconds when done. Incredible.

The Whole House Filter setup is scheduled to arrive Friday. I won't have anything ready for it for awhile, but I will be able to rack my three -- soon to be four -- fermenting batches with the AIO. Not dreading it at all. Very happy with this purchase.

Mark

Fantastic Pump

We make 400L of wine per year and have used the pump for bottling and racking. Everything has worked superbly and Steve has been extremely responsive to our questions about using it for oak barrels and weird bung sizes.

We initially were choosing between the all in one and the much more expensive enolmatic and have no regrets about our decision. Could not be happier with the performance of the pump.

We initially were choosing between the all in one and the much more expensive enolmatic and have no regrets about our decision. Could not be happier with the performance of the pump.

If you had waited, you could have gotten the Red Solo Cup, storage compartment, Upgrade. (just kidding)

Last edited:
You know that someone who is selling something on the internet is doing things the right way when you get an email saying, I am refunding money to you because shipping was much less than expected. Thanks and I always tell everyone how much I love my all-in-one wine pump.

Likewise - I posted a pic of my first couple of bottles, and promptly got a PM from Steve, asking if he could call and give me some pointers on getting the amounts to be more consistent in bottling (height of the wine in the bottle). He called and in a 10 minute conversation I learned a couple of tricks and am better set for the next round.

This is the difference between an ordinary or mediocre vendor and a truly committed, helpful business person - what I like to think of as the old-fashioned American way! (Serious.)

Mark

Chris, Mark and others

Chris - I have done the same thing for a dozen or so people in the past several weeks – So far you are the only one who actually emailed me saying thank you.

I have been in Boy Scouts for over 12 years now – my oldest son just got his rank of Eagle Scout in October 2014 and as family we all believe in the Scout Law
A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

Vacuumpumpman, could you do a video or describe your bottling tips with the pump?

Scroll down this link for the bottling instructions:
http://allinonewinepump.com/one-wine-pump-user-manual/

Demo starting at 1:48 into the video
[ame]http://vimeo.com/106249427[/ame]

Tips:
1) Do a racking immediately before bottling. This ensures no sediment in the carboy that can get stirred up in the bottling process. For a few pristine bottles (for wine contests), it is Ok to fill a few bottles drawing from the middle of the carboy (bottom edge of the top 1/3) before racking.

2) Carboy is lower than the bottles (critical). That allows the reverse siphon to pull out excess from the bottle, and the flow stops as soon as the vacuum is released.

3) Use light pressure on the bleeder valve to control the speed of the fill (slow down when you get to the top). I use AIO's tubing, but my own pump. On my pump I can adjust the pressure and use 20-25 mmHG for racking, but only 10-15 mmHG for bottling.

Thanks Rich !
I was just typing up a tutorial when I noticed you beat me to it.

Norton
If you need further assistance - please pm me your phone number and I will call you back

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back