Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys make me feel so bad. I have no one to trade a bottle of wine with. I hope Wade does let me know if some new person from Costa Rica does join this forum.

Just opened a bottle of Al's Synergy II. Very nice flavor, light and refreshing. I think I may have to have another glass after we get home from shopping this evening.

Drinking Dan's Cayuga, very good Dan and goes great with 3 cheese alfredo and chicken.

I seem to have quite a few bottles of Dan's wine, :) go figure, that's the advantage of knowing where the wine cellar is :dg

Tonight I shared a bottle of Kevin's Concord/Seyval wine. It was an awesome blend and everyone loved it. This is the same one that Kevin sent down to Pittsburgh to share with the folks that met for lunch.:br

Tonight my wife is finishing off a bottle of Al's wine. Merlot her favorite. Al pat yourself on the back it was very good. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Thanks Steve,
I believe that was one that won me first place at S H Brewings contest a couple years ago. First prize was a WE Washington Reisling Kit! Have had some great results from different of the kits. Gonna try some of the Chilian juice buckets when they come out.....
Al

Thanks Steve,
I believe that was one that won me first place at S H Brewings contest a couple years ago. First prize was a WE Washington Reisling Kit! Have had some great results from different of the kits. Gonna try some of the Chilian juice buckets when they come out.....
Al

Al,
Is that your Red Mountain Merlot? I have a bottle of that from the luncheon. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Yep, that was it.

I just opened a bottle of Dan's "Megans Vista", I like it very much!!! Tastes like concord with a blend of something else ??? The sweetness is just about right. Jump right in Dan with your final specs on this:

Just got my Buon Vino automatic bottle filler in the mail & a couple double holed bungs, looking in another month or so to bottle my Niagara & Concord from Presque Isle.

Have my vaccum pump from Wade, new bottle filler & slow gravity filter- now to figure out how to hook them all up to be most efficient to bottle.
Al

Al, we opened Megan's Vista last night and my wife said she could really taste the concord grape in it. It was great. I asked Dan the percentage blend. 3 parts Concord and 1 part Diamond.

Dan you have outdone yourself again. Bravo! Guess all that testing equipment is paying off.

Al, I asked Dan if Megan's Vista had a Sista!:):):)

Hey, keep that nasty stuff to yourself over there before you give my computa a virus!

Wade's 2008 White Chocolate Port

Opening the bottle gives way to aromas of Ghiradelli white chocolate. Perfectly clear and lovely straw yellow color.

Very nice light port. Lovely chocolate flavors. Not too sweet and light legs. Pleasant finish.
I would recommend this kit but might not be my first choice if I was on the fence with something else, like the ice wine. Probably because it's white and usually prefer red.
I believe this was a kit. Not sure if it was modified.

Wade's 2008 Peach Icewine
Wow is this good. Not overly peachy, not to sweet. Very nice fruit flavors, hints of peach, clean finish.
Only problem with this one is the small bottle - I could drink lots of this!!!

Had someone over who loves these types of wines and he agrees they are both great wines and also preferred the ice wine over the white chocolate port.

Not sure if this was a kit or not. I would definitely make this one.

Both kits and both limited availabilty usually although they hang around in stores sometimes for awhile after other places sell out. The White Chocolate is RJS and the Peach Ice wine is Winexpert. I prefer the Ice wine also. I finally got rid of all the orange Chocolate Port today!

Is this the limitted edition Okangan Peach Ice Wine??? I started mine on the middle of January, its getting close to stabilising. Still have the Blackberry Port to start but only have one 3 gal carboy........ May put the Peach into 1 gal jugs that I have a lot of so I can start this before the Chilian Juices start coming in. Did you do anything special with it or just follow the instructions??
Al

Collette and I just bottled 23 litres of chocolate raspberry port. now we just have to drink it!!!!
Such a problem....

Wade's Wines

08 peach wine. Nice light white with light peach flavors. Very nice but a little too sweet.

08 Argentinian merlot. Very nice merlot with spicy flavors and great finish. Wife liked this one a lot.

Wade were these kits?

Finished the white chocolate port last night. Do you want the bottles back?

Back