Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used 1 1/2 onces for the 6 gallon batch of Blackberry. Im pretty sure I used medium French on that.

Alright I'm bumping this up so people remember to post about other people's wines that you have drank.

Since our last meeting I have been drinking Dougs and all I can say is Dam Good as usual, same goes with DjSteve, actually Steve, my son and I share a glass of your Strawberry Peach. That is now on my list to make. Dan's I'm saving yours for a special occasion cuz I have had A LOT OR YOURS AND I REALLY LIKE THEM so I am waiting.

Al, so far I really like your White Zinfandel, I could drink a lot more than a bottle of that. Acid seems to be right, good mouth feel and sweet level is just right. I, also, really liked your Christmas Blend. My daughter, Megan, wanted to know who the prevert was who made the label and Mike is still walking around with a smile on his face and saying I like that label. Anyway, the wine again, was well balanced and full of flavor.

Julie, the White Zin is one of my earlier WE kits from 2007, have noticed that some of the wines made 4-6 years ago really have come around! Unfortunately, theres not many left. Do have a couple that I'm saving for a special occasion though.......

As far a sampling others wines, did notice that most have been a medium sweet (which I prefer), so I have been happy with most everyones. I did like the flavor of Dan's Stuben & Diamond, may have to get some of that juice at Walkers in the fall.......

Also noticed that my Niagara dropped a lot of Crystals, I am tempted to open all the bottles, filter & re-bottle,just to make it look presentable. Yes, I know it doesn't hurt & is the sign of a noble wine, but just doesn't look good! I really like the flavor of Niagara, next time I do it, will take it out in the snow for a few weeks for cold stabalization.....
Al

Tonight we tried numerous wines. We tried djrockinsteves red Muscadine and Muscadine blend.They were both fantastic but I think I liked the blend a bit more. Then we tried Julies Choke cherry/Cherry/Elderberry blend, again outstanding. I never tasted anything like this before but I'll be waiting in line for the next bottle. Now I understand why Julie is organizing a big cherry picking day at Walkers this Summer.

Then we did a blind wine tasting of Beringer's White Merlot vs Winexpert White Merlot. All four people pick the WE white Merlot as the better wine.

All of this with casadia's for an appetizer followed up with shrimp, chicken and sausage gumbo and banana foster for desert.

Does Walkers sell Choke Cherry Juice. Ive heard a lot of people talk about this stuff especially up north.

I picked a few choke cherries a couple years ago... I still have some juice frozen.... maybe I'll throw that in something this year!

Debbie

Does Walkers sell Choke Cherry Juice. Ive heard a lot of people talk about this stuff especially up north.

No Wade, they don't. I had abought 8 #'s in the freezer that i had picked from trees around my house. Walker's will allow customer to come in and pick cherries for a buck a pound towards the end of June, beginning of July. so I threw these in together and earlier I had made elderberry wine and a seconds on the elderberry wine and the berries still seemed like they had some juice in them so I threw that in as well.

I am very happy with that wine, when you first take a taste it has a smokey taste to it. It screams to eat a burger with it or something barbqued.

Tonight my wife and I shared had some of Rodo's apple wine he gave us last week. It had just the right amount of cinnamon and was excellent in taste.

Tonight my wife and I shared had some of Rodo's apple wine he gave us last week. It had just the right amount of cinnamon and was excellent in taste.

Though perhaps not as good as Dan's Apple, he did a superb job on it this year.

We enjoyed a bottle of his Harvest Blend the other night.:b

My wife and I shared a bottle of Kevininpa's 09 Concord last night. It was absolutley perfect. Kevin is a truley awsome wine maker. :br

Thanks Dan and Rod, I really enjoyed all of your wines too. I haven't been able to try any lately as i'm on alot of different meds. right now.

Back