Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your ever down this way again Ill take the Port bottle and the Peach Ice wine other wise dont worry about it. Are you talking about the small Cobalt blue bottle of Peach wine as that was a Winexpert Peach Ice wine and Ice wines are always sweet. The Argentinean Tannat/Merlot was a RJS Cru Select Limited Edition kit. The limited edition kits are always very good.

Just opened a bottle of Doug's elderberry. A+ I have a gallon or so in my freezer of elderberry juice I'm saving until I have enough to do 5 gallons. Something to look forward to.

Thanks

A wine made from fresh peaches. You say it's too sweet. Phew I'm glad I'm not picky. lol

A wine made from fresh peaches. You say it's too sweet. Phew I'm glad I'm not picky. lol

It's very good but I don't think I would drink a full glass with dinner. It's more of a peach port. What do you think Wade is that a decent description or you insulted? It smells like fresh peaches! I do like it don't get me wrong.

It goes very well with dark chocolate. :D

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the wine shipping law to be changed here. It's in the works. Hopefully it will pass.
We need more winemakers here in MD to trade with.
I still have a bottle of Oulettes Apple Pie, Running Wolf Blackberry, Wylie Winery Elderberry Blush, Dry Red Chambrucin that I think Doug made and a bottle of Unlabled Skeeter Pee that I think Mike made.
I'll be able to drink a bit more after I get the allergy meds all settled down.
We finished Julies Elderberry Wine a couple of months ago.

Im not offended! I dont expect everyone to like my wine. I havent tasted the Peach in awhile and maybe the sugars are showing through more now.

Im not offended! I dont expect everyone to like my wine. I havent tasted the Peach in awhile and maybe the sugars are showing through more now.

I like it! Give it a try and see how sweet it is now. I think you might agree.

Wades Chocolate Orange Port

Awesome aromas of orange, chocolate and alcohol. Wade warned me he didn't like this one. When was the last time you tried it?
It doesn't taste medicinal like you said it might. I can tell it may have a year ago but I like it. Semi-dry, medium finish, nice ruby red color.

Maybe you undersold it but its nice. :dg

I guess its just me. I love the Chocolate covered orange peels but this wine I just didnt like and I tried 1 not very long ago at all. Those had about 4 years of age on them but I got rid of all but a few to Abefroman.

Wades Chocolate Orange Port

Awesome aromas of orange, chocolate and alcohol. Wade warned me he didn't like this one. When was the last time you tried it?
It doesn't taste medicinal like you said it might. I can tell it may have a year ago but I like it. Semi-dry, medium finish, nice ruby red color.

Maybe you undersold it but its nice. :dg

I agree with you Rob. I also tried one of Wades a while back. I currently have 3 gallons aging.

Wades 2010 Blackberry wine:
Opened it on Saturday. Didn't have a lot going for it. (sorry Wade!). Wasn't as sweet as I was expecting.
Tonight I'm drinking it again. It opened up! Very nice now. Not a strong blackberry flavor, but very nice. Medium-light body, great color.
Would be an easy drinker on a hot day.

I like this one.

I oaked that one and its the first time Ive oaked a fruit wine and IMO it took some of the fruit away from it. Im not a big fan of oaking anything other then a red grape wine and it will never happen again except for in a Port possibly. Glad you liked it sorta! LOL Honesty is what I want though!!!

I oaked that one and its the first time Ive oaked a fruit wine and IMO it took some of the fruit away from it. Im not a big fan of oaking anything other then a red grape wine and it will never happen again except for in a Port possibly. Glad you liked it sorta! LOL Honesty is what I want though!!!

Don't say 'never' wade - you have got to try oaked elderberry

The only time Ive ever liked it was in Ports with fruit. Its the main reason I havent oaked any other fruit wine wine up until this one. Funny thing is I love a lot of oak in my reds!

Wade, how much oak are you adding? I do a light oak with hungarian oak cubes, bout 4 weeks in after fermentation in my Blackberry and Elderberry and it comes out very nice.

Back