Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After our luncheon when we arrived home, my better half, said she wanted to try Dan's Diamond. I have to say it was very good and she really enjoyed it also. We also opened a bottle of Kevininpa's Sweet Blush, another winner in my book. Gives me something to strive for in my wine making experiences.

I think I definately need to make a trip up north for some juice this year. I see carboys in the future...

Last edited:
Finally opened Julie's elderberry blush form this summer. It was best chilled, very aromatic and light drinking.

The rest of the wines have to wait a bit longer. :)

Went to dinner at a friends house with some other couples last night. One couple brought a a so-called expensive wine they got in California, I brought a bottle of Blackberry I got from the recent luncheon, not exactely sure but by process of elimination I think it was Julie's. Had the name "Wylie" on lable. Anyway it was excellent, great flavor, color & gave a nice warm feeling after sipping it. Much better than the expensive one, that was very dry!! Whose ever it was, was it made from fresh berries, juice bucket, kit or VH can of concentrate??? Everyone really enjoyed it. Can't wait to try some of the other folks to get ideas on what to start next........
Al

Just a note to all you Newbies out there; When I started this hobby a couple of weeks ago, I wasn't sure what the potential results could be. My only experience with homemade wine was what my dad made years ago. Although he thought it was pretty good, I really couldn't share his feelings (of course, I never told him that). Well, this evening I had the pleasure of sampling a homemade Merlot a friend of mine made. Boy, am I impressed! It was excellent. I now have a renewed spirit for this new winemaking venture I am getting into. For those of you who doubt what might be---keep the faith.

Went to dinner at a friends house with some other couples last night. One couple brought a a so-called expensive wine they got in California, I brought a bottle of Blackberry I got from the recent luncheon, not exactely sure but by process of elimination I think it was Julie's. Had the name "Wylie" on lable. Anyway it was excellent, great flavor, color & gave a nice warm feeling after sipping it. Much better than the expensive one, that was very dry!! Whose ever it was, was it made from fresh berries, juice bucket, kit or VH can of concentrate??? Everyone really enjoyed it. Can't wait to try some of the other folks to get ideas on what to start next........
Al

Al thank you so much for the compliment, LOL, beleive it or not but I made that with Walmart's blackberry jam. And it was lightly oaked.

Last edited:
I had a couple of glasses of Kevin's wine tonight. Oh so good, is this a blend? Well it is good enough that I'm thinking I should have a third glass. Nice body, sweetness was not overpowering and great flavor.

Julie, Marilyn just finished off your Cherry Blush. She said it was very good, the whole bottle. It wasn't marked on the label the gravity, do you recall what it was? For my future reference.

Julie, Marilyn just finished off your Cherry Blush. She said it was very good, the whole bottle. It wasn't marked on the label the gravity, do you recall what it was? For my future reference.

I don't think this was a Cherry blush but the Concord/Cranberry. Was the ABV 10.6%? If so that gravity at bottling was 1.010. That was a 1 gallon batch and I used 2 cans of Welch's Concord frozen concentrate and 64 oz of Ocean Spray Cranberry juice. sg was 1.074, fg was .996.

It was the cherry blush. Maybe we got that last time. So much on the shelf sometimes it's flip a coin and grab a bottle.

It was the cherry blush. Maybe we got that last time. So much on the shelf sometimes it's flip a coin and grab a bottle.

I have cherry blush but i wasn't giving any out because it is very young. I know I gave you a concord/cranberry cuz I know Marilyn likes cranberry. You need to go dig out that bottle and make sure it said Wylie Winery and it said Cherry Blush and look at the date that it was bottled. Hurry up and let me know!

I have cherry blush but i wasn't giving any out because it is very young. I know I gave you a concord/cranberry cuz I know Marilyn likes cranberry. You need to go dig out that bottle and make sure it said Wylie Winery and it said Cherry Blush and look at the date that it was bottled. Hurry up and let me know!

picture.php

Is this enough proof! You had me looking twice.:)

ROFLMAO, will you got the prize cuz I wasn't giving that out. I can see why she drank the whole bottle, it is tasty but young.

for a 5 gallon batch
15# of cherry seconds, 6 cans of welch's white grape concentrate. sg 1.072, fg .994, bottling gravity 1.014.

Cherries were fresh half sweet, half sour from Walker's. Buck a pound, wanna go pick some this sommer?

ROFLMAO, will you got the prize cuz I wasn't giving that out. I can see why she drank the whole bottle, it is tasty but young.

for a 5 gallon batch
15# of cherry seconds, 6 cans of welch's white grape concentrate. sg 1.072, fg .994, bottling gravity 1.014.

Cherries were fresh half sweet, half sour from Walker's. Buck a pound, wanna go pick some this sommer?

AB-SO-FREAKIN-LUTELY! We need to start another thread titled "Who's Pickin With Us?"

We'll get together and group pick fruit.

Whos' up for another get together?

Good, it's a date. I believe they open up the trees the last week in June probably depends on how fast everything ripens. Dan since Walker's is your second home fine out when we can pick for a buck a pound.

Tonight we drank Kevininpa's Blackberry, Pear and riesling wine. They were all totally awesome. I'm still trying to figure out why they moved that ditch closer to the side of the road, AGGGGGG. Dang it was cold out too.

It worked! I'm getting my M&M cookies before the game tomorrow!

MMLabel.jpg

Today my wife and I enjoyed a bottle of Runningwolf's Traminette with our dinner. It was very good with a finish that reminded us of nuts. Well done my friend, :br I will definitely be adding Traminette to my to do list for next year.

Back