Other peoples wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dan - I did look at your list, but didn't look beyond the 'fruit' wines... I see the kit now ;)

I did find a couple mango fruit recipes and for the most part they're all the same with an exception that one adds raisins & bananas, any thoughts about that?

Thanks,
Linda

Wine Party

Saturday Night we had our last wine party of the season. At the end of the night there were at least three empty cases of wine bottles and a few cases of beer. It was great to have Julie, kevininPA, and Steve (wynthief) in attendance. There were also several other local winemakers there. Kevin had everyones attention with his keen knowledge on wine making. One of the local wine makers has 20 acres of blueberries nearby and is planning on opening his own winery in the next year or so (papers in process). We really missed Rodo, Doug and DJSteve but we are planning a lunch near Pittsburgh sometime before Christmas. Everyones wine was outstanding from the forum!

Dan and Kevin
Kevininpa.jpg

Yes that is Kevin and Dan. Thanks for posting the pic Dan, I tried to post this Saturday night but for some reason my computer won't let me.

Thanks for another great get-together Dan!
btw, if anyone has a chance to get a taste of Dan's creation (called 'sweet indulgence' I believe) don't miss out on it. I'm not a sweet wine guy, but that stuff is amazing.

Sorry to have missed the occasion, I think I'll get special dispensation on missing this one as my son arrived home from Afghanistan on Saturday morning at 4:50 am and I don't think I could have made it and been coherehnt after a 12 hr drive from SC.

I'll make sure I catch the next one. Maybe something in the Burgh in the spring here....

Tonight we had dinner at some friends house and I took a bottle of Wades Orange Chocolate port. Wade it was very good. Chocolate was very upfront but not sure about the orange. Almost reminded me of chocolate covered cherries. I was sure my friend Paul would enjoy it but I didn't think his wife would. She absolutely loved it. I just started this same port about ten days ago and hope mine is as good in a year or so. As you posted earlier this is certainly a drink you would only want a very small amount of at a time.

I cant stand it! I have about 50 Bellissima bottles full of it and dont know what to do. I hate dumping wine that other people like but I want the bottles back! Glad somebody liked it!
On the othyer hand I just went scavenging through my cellar and found a bottle of Black Currant from Joeswines and popped that puppy open. It is every bit as good as mine is which I will always say is my very favorite! Yummmmmmmm! Im going to crawl inside that bottle right now and lick it clean!

well finished most of Dougs Cabernet Franc,and the I think it was Pinot Grigio but not sure as I done dissolved the label LOL either way both are excellent. Also had some skeeter pee from Julie tonight all of their wines were delicious..(No I still haven't tried the elderberry yet)

Wade, I saved the other half of your Orange/Chocolate port for tonight with Julie and her Husband Mike. Unfortunaltey julie got sick and the did not make the trip north. We had a few other friends over instead and finished your port. Four out of the five that tried it loved it. Just saying, start sharing it with your friends or gift it out but don't dump it!

Tonight I spent a few hours over at Kevininpa's house. Wow not a good place to be, I have sooo many things to put on my xmas list now. LOL Really he has an awesome set up with a lab any small winery would be proud to have. I tried 6 or 7 wines and everyone was outstanding. Kevin, thanks for the tour!

6-7 bottles?/ I hope someone drove you home...

Well it's getting closer to the holidays. I still have all of the wines that I received at the Western PA meetup that we had back in early July.
I told myself to wait until around Christmas and I've been very good.
So, for those of you that are waiting for a comment about your wine can rest assured that they are aging and mellowing out in their bottles and that I am eagerly awaiting popping the corks in late December.

Well we ate dinner late tonight at our friends house. I shared a bottle of Rodo's apple pie wine I have been saving all this time just for Thanksgiving dinner and we also had a Bottle of Kevininpa's Pear wine. They were both excellent wines and loved by all.

Drinking Doug's Chianti, boy is this stuff good. Had it with a A1 Peppercorn burger that was great and having a glass by itself and it is still great. Good job, I need to get some of this come spring.

Wade, I saved the other half of your Orange/Chocolate port for tonight with Julie and her Husband Mike. Unfortunaltey julie got sick and the did not make the trip north. We had a few other friends over instead and finished your port. Four out of the five that tried it loved it. Just saying, start sharing it with your friends or gift it out but don't dump it!

I know i'm coming into this convo kinda late... but that just sounds like alcohol abuse!

I'll drink it! :dg

Drinking Doug's Chianti, boy is this stuff good. Had it with a A1 Peppercorn burger that was great and having a glass by itself and it is still great. Good job, I need to get some of this come spring.

That's promising to hear. I have one case left....

Latest posts

Back