Extracts

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah just saw this post... How much chocolate per gallon?

I use 1 bar per Gal. That's what I read to use and I put it in my Cherry wine and it tastes amazing right now. A little strong in Alc. still, but you taste cherry with an after taste of chocolate

Ok Thank you Runningwolf! Can I just time it so I rack it off the chocolate then? I can't imagine trying to remove it from a carboy full of wine - this just dawned on me as being a stupid question lol

vernsgal said:
I use 1 bar per Gal. That's what I read to use and I put it in my Cherry wine and it tastes amazing right now. A little strong in Alc. still, but you taste cherry with an after taste of chocolate

Thanks Vernsgal! 1 bar of what? I bought the bricks of pure dark bakers chocolate and I'm not sure if each brick is the size of a Lindt chocolate bar, or are you referring to those bricks when you say bar? Sorry for all the questions! Just don't want to overpower the elderberry flavor. I spent a lot time waiting for these bushes to grow and produce me enough fruit for wine making lol

I used a full Lindt chocolate bar per gallon.Broke it into pieces and dropped it in the secondary.100 grams/3.5 oz are in a bar , the bakers chocolate should work the same.

bars.jpg

vernsgal said:
I used a full Lindt chocolate bar per gallon.Broke it into pieces and dropped it in the secondary.100 grams/3.5 oz are in a bar , the bakers chocolate should work the same.

Thanks this weight measurement should help me! Lol I wonder if there would be any difference in strength since mine is 100% pure vs 85%. I'll try with 100gms per gallon and leave it at that to see what I come up with! Thanks for your input! I appreciate it :)

Well if the wine isn't spoiled I don't think the chocolate would be - however the kind I bought has no sugar in it so it doesn't taste good on its own beforehand anyways... It it liquified somewhat or still perfectly solid after?

It's more or less still solid.I think eating the chocolate afterwards would be like eating the fruit when you take it out of primary.Bleh!

No, It's chocolate! Not fruit! I was wondering what the consistency was and how much chocolate flavor remains. Does it really get "bleh" like fruit? Or is it more like wine infused chocolate?

Extracts at a glance

WOLFMAN, unless you intend to sell extracts you could keep them in the ball jars forever, use what you need and when and if, you get around to replenishing it is so.:wy

Dan don't YOU drink out of those Ball jars too? Damn, I thought we all did! No one ever told us we need "special" glasses.

I never regifted a something so fast in my life. I suppose they would make a nice candle holder for a yankee candle.....naw not even a Yankee would do that. :)

hillbilly wine glass.jpg

Latest posts

Back