WMT (Unofficial) Welch's Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a bottle in the fridge yesterday.

Manthing and I opened it and had a very small glass about an hour ago.
I didn't finish my glass and that never happens.

I can only imagine how "interesting" the night was.

Give us something juicy to tide us over until Monday.

I apologize for my wife hogging and drinking one of the wines all by herself. Somebody owes me a recipe/how-to make it....

It was.....interesting.....

And MANY thanks to D&O Cellars for hosting the wine competition. The food and friendship complimented the competitive wines perfectly. I thought a wet Tshirt contest was going to break out....

Last edited:
The competition was fierce though not as fierce as my neighbor trying to throw me in the pool. I will send all the final sheets to Boatboy after his judging so that an official winner can be chosen. I wont do this until after Monday so as not to influence his results. I will compile all the comments and send out to the entrants. No scores will be included. The comments will be via pm. My son said he really enjoyed the judging since he had no clue what went into it.

Enjoying a bonfire before turning in for the night.

Just incase someone didn't read the official rules: it is mandatory that the winner share the exact recipe with winemakingtalk.com

Great pics! Thanks, Doug, for your efforts. We all appreciate your involvement, and look forward to the results.

Calvin is right. The winner has already agreed by entering our little contest to sharing their notes on making their Welch's wine. This way, we can all benefit by making better wine---the very basis for the WMT Forum.

Patiently awaiting Jim's event to conclude.

Great pictures. It looks like a fun day. I wish I lived closer to you all!

I am really having a hard time handling the suspense.....time to crack a bottle of elderflower wine and chill!

Judging will take place sometime after 4 today, but I probably won't be able to post up until after 9pm EDT. Sorry for the suspense. Well, a little at least. :)

Jim, You have email, don't open attachment until after your judging. I'll send out individual comments via pm to each member probably tomorrow. Going to be in and out all day today....

Just an update to the judging. We were all sober when the judging took place so as to not influence anything. After sampling and several bottles being confiscated, we did manage to finish a bottle of Catawba, Destiny and Pinot Noir and a Cupcake wine my neighbor brought down. All in all it was a very good time. No one got out of hand and after cleaning up my wife, 7 y/o and I enjoyed a small bonfire in the fire pit with a glass of Destiny.

Nothing like posting pics of my feeding my chubby face....

Thanks to all that entered the contest. It was a fun and interesting time. We truely have some very talented winemakers on this site.

So the results will be posted tonight? I'm sorry for being impatient lol. Just going crazy wondering about the different types of wine entered and the notes on each as well as the winning wines! I guess I just need to chill.

So the results will be posted tonight? I'm sorry for being impatient lol. Just going crazy wondering about the different types of wine entered and the notes on each as well as the winning wines! I guess I just need to chill.

Have a glass of your entry and chill. Results will be posted. Ill send out notes tomorrow.

Doug,

You've got 'em. It's late, and we will need to compile them prior to release.

Great job everybody. Really. It was a strong field.

Jim

I managed to keep busy all day so that I wasn't obsessively stalking this thread.

Can't wait to see the results!

Latest posts

Back