WMT (Unofficial) 2014 Port Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duster is correct. It's the only honorable way to proceed following this untimely tragedy. John's will be judged by Deezil alone. If John's turns out to be Deezil's favorate, then the judges will have to come to a consensus.

But there's no saying we can't have two winners if necessary. It's all for fun, right? Either way, we need a gold (or two), silver, and bronze winners.

A moment of silence for our fallen port...........

......judges, you may proceed.

John's entry hasnt made an appearance yet, just waiting on it to show up (hopefully in better shape than the other, lol)

Why does UPS hate me?? One package is FUBAR, the other has been sent to package purgatory...

I tried to find the tracking number. I left the receipt in the MRS's car and have no clue where she put it.

It showed up yesterday, after I posted.. I just didn't get back around to updating the thread here..

They tried to break this bottle too.. Trying to keep a good dog down haha

Going to have to be careful trying to get it open, but it should be fine

brokebottle.jpg

Since all the entries are in, I'll be going "through the motions" later on this evening.. Depending on how it goes (how drunk I end up, post-contest.. Waste not, want not), y'all should have tasting notes by the morning...

Scores will have to wait for Duster to have a chance to pop the bottles himself, but at least you'll have the notes very shortly.

I'll start tomorrow. And submit my tasting notes as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making Talk App

Judging day beguines
ImageUploadedByWine Making1406408825.321773.jpg
Deezil and I will be sending our scores to Boatboy24 to take our average and post all scores at once.
Deezil and I will post our own individual tasting notes

Good luck to all

Ok
Judging is done
Feeling way to dog to do math
I'll folly up wit post tomorrow
ImageUploadedByWine Making1406413882.601315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making. How exciting !

Last edited:
Ok all tasting notes have been sent out by pm. Boatboy24 has Deezil and i's final scores
Boatboy24 should follow up with final scores soon

Ok, final scores have been tabulated and sent back to the Judges for announcement.

Ok ready for this...
Here we go, Individual and average score totals are as follows:

JohnT: 24, scoring from Deezil only

Runningwolf's: Polar Vortex Port
24, 20: average of 22

4Score: Petite Syrah Port
22, 19: average of 20.5

Dave: Dragon Port
18, 21: average of 19.5

GreginND: EVP
23, 12: average of 17.5

Joe: Peach Port
14, 13: average of 13.5

Looks like the top 3 are JohnT, Runningwolf, and 4Score.

I must say even though they don't count I personally scored Joe's coffee port tweak at a 17 and his Carmel port tweak at a 19
Both were very good.

All tasting notes were Pm'd to the contestants, I can't Speak for Deezil but they are welcome to share mine with the forum, in fact I would even suggest it be required of the top 3.

Last edited:
ok, so since i only had 1 scoring (thanks a lot ups!), i gladly cede to dan. will post full instructions (and back story) tomorrow.

dan, congrats! well earned! perhaps you could send me a bottle (for my own private judg8ng)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back