Wine glasses

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savana123

Reaction score
I was browsing the net for wine glasses and then I come to know about different glasses that use according to the wines we have. I cannot post the images but I can mention the names here,

For Red wine- Bordeaux glass, Burgundy glass

For White wine- We mainly use Champagne flutes and these are really good for sparkling as well as white wines. Characterized by a long stem with a tall narrow bowl on top.

For aromatic beverages- Special kind of glass is use which is Sherry glass.

I hope I am right here about the glasses I mention!!!

Need your reviews about these glasses here!!!

hey I've got some where the globe is like the Montrachet but is about the size of the Sauternes and has a very long stem what type would this be. I know 2 things about them they're handblown(one piece) and are leaded, beautiful glasses.

ok did a google and found one that looks like it and site says it's a rhine glass whatever that may be lol

Last edited:
Last year I got some Riedel glasses as part of a deal at one of the local shops ( buy two kits and get a choice of several gifts) and they are great - not sure what style they are - they are all duty for me - can't imagine having a different glass for each wine!

I use a big glass for white. And use an even bigger wider glass for red. Have not found one for rose' wines, But a soup bowl might work.:d

which of those glasses would be best for serving Jalapino?

Jalapino Wine Glass
6010-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Hi..

Hey Friends... Thank you for your interest.
I found some more glasses and I would like to share them here.. As I mentioned that I cannot post images that's why I am telling you their names.. These glasses are for both red and white wine.

Port Dessert Wine Glass, Milano Tasting Glass, Chardonnay Pinot Grigio Wine Glass.

I liked these glasses as they looks very beautiful and classy.

Hey Friends... Thank you for your interest.
I found some more glasses and I would like to share them here.. As I mentioned that I cannot post images that's why I am telling you their names.. These glasses are for both red and white wine.

Port Dessert Wine Glass, Milano Tasting Glass, Chardonnay Pinot Grigio Wine Glass.

I liked these glasses as they looks very beautiful and classy.

even though you can't post images you can always find images on the web and show a link to them

For my country/fruit wines, sometimes i drink out of vintage jelly jars, like these.

jelly_jars.jpg

For my country/fruit wines, sometimes i drink out of vintage jelly jars, like these.

jelly_jars.jpg

:) you sound like me drinking alot of mine out of mason jars actually I prefer to use the old water glasses like you used to see in restuarants I got 2 different types 1 short other tall

Hi..

OK Sirs, I will try to post links over here and if I am able to do this, from next time I will attach links to the posts so that you and other members can also visit them and see these glasses.

I was browsing the net for wine glasses and then I come to know about different glasses that use according to the wines we have. I cannot post the images but I can mention the names here,

Need your reviews about these glasses here!!!

Wine glasses can be fancy or plain. It all depends on what you want. Being a country hick, a good-sized Dixie cup works for me. Once I get a snootful, I don't have to worry about dropping it and having glass all over the floor. :slp

I use a large tea glass. :D that way I can have 2 glasses a night and not have to worry about an open bottle in the fridge. Lol

Glasses do matter! Let me give you two personal experiences.

Last year year I was at a workshop at Penn State. The entire class was tasting a wine and commenting on the flavors. All agreed except one person. As he was questioned the person next to him smelled the same glass and agreed on his comments. The we realized his glass was different then what everyone else had.

Two weeks ago I was working on a Cab Sauv blend using a bottle from two years ago as the control. After many trails I just couldn't match the superior aromas of the control. Then it hit me, different glasses. It was a huge difference. Knowing the executive winemaker was coming in, I poured two glasses of wine from the same bottle in two different glasses. The glasses were closer in style rather than drastically different. I asked him to test the two different blends. He said no doubt #1 was far better than #2. Then I revealed they were from the same bottle. I have done this same exercise with other members on our staff.

So don't ever let anyone tell you that glasses don't matter when it comes to aroma.

Go to Walmart and get clear wine glasses for about $1 each.
If you want to spend more go to Target and get Riedel glasses, they are better but they are about $10 each :-{

Latest posts

Back