What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on a carboy and a bella bianco kit from George and just used my birthday cupon & $25 gift card from the Western PA meetup that I won to order another carboy and an Australian Meritage kit.
I'm getting into the bad habit of having to order a new carboy with every kit I buy.... I know George is loving it but my wallet isn't.
I guess I'll do this while I have the cash because soon I'll have another student loan payment due and a honeymoon to pay for.

Could not go to pub.He was extremely busy.it has postponed till saturday.
but it is not hurting much because today has been good,nice weather and doing some good work today at office.

Just finished putting first coat of stain on my deck. Now I am watching the stock market go up, sure wish it could keep this pace for awhile. Getting ready to rack three wines out of the primaries now.

Having a wine-tasting party tomorrow afternoon here in Baker, FL. Y'all come: 1908 Wadsworth Rd. Should be interesting to see who shows, who stays, etc!

Sitting on the portch, glass of chilled wine, deer running thru fron t yard,
guitars strumming. what a beautiful summer wer'e havin.

Non-grapenut, I dont think Ill be able to make it!!! :) I have to do a lot of wine work tomorrow. It will start with a call to my dump for them to save me bottles and then Ill start delabeling the last of the bottles I got last week and then run to my local wine supply store to grab a few packets of Superkleer as my peach wine doesnt want to clear and I dont have any on hand so 3 packets of that and probably some sorbate as I believe Im getting low. Then its time to rack my Blueberry Melomel, and stabilize my Liebfraumilch and Whit Merlot. Then its bottling tim for my Cab Merlot blend from last years grapes and also my Sangiovese Zin mix from last years grapes also. Then I have to label the Pom. Zin and Blackberry I bottled last week and get that cellared. Then its off to the dump with a few bottles to give them for hopefully the usual 130 or there abouts bottles. Phew, that hurts just typing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just popped open my blackberry , very nummy for being so new!!! shud let it age i know.....off to the corner i go but im taking my bottle with me LMAO!!!

Hopefully I can get sme work done on Nikkis Lazy Susan this weekend also. Its getting there slowly but surely, been pretty busy lately and my wife just had a surgery on her arm this morning and is in a cast from wrist to shoulder so that will make me busy with everything!

Deer are done running. Theyre just hiding out now. Coming down in buckets.
No really...buckets. after it's done, i might have a few new primarys.:n

Wade, you take ur time, relax when u have a chance and take care of that wife!!! ive been with out a lazy susan this long, i wont know the diference!! LOL!!!

tell your wife we say get well soon, and relax and cater to her this weekend!!

Went to the zoo this morning and Mike didn't jump in with the monkey's, :) then to the church brewery for lunch, then to the Fieldhouse for a light supper and a drink and that turned into 4 hours, a lot of people we knew kept coming in and we have not seen them for awhile. Got home at 8:00 and ended up in the pool with drinks, and now sitting on the back deck with more drinks, and oh so nice way to end the evening.

gotta hit the links tomw. forecast is for "94 but feels like 104".

lotsa ice in te cooler.

Seth, you realize it may be entirely posible to ferment those weeds!

If they dont ferment maybe ou could smoke em! LOL

I didn't do a darn thing today, I will catch up on the "list" tommorrow.

Starting to feel like the back part of summer for us, got quite a few things to do before the snow flies. Basically only have about 8 weeks or so.

I figure if I keep my karma good in this life, I can be reincarnated as a Hawaiian or something. Seems like the summers get shorter every year.

I'm about to make a bottle run to Carraba's while the Blackberry F-pac I've got going cools.
I have so much to do, I'll never get caught up it seems.
I do just too much volunteering every week.
Half a day cooking breakfast at the Walmart my wife and daughter work at.
Every other week it's three or four hours by the time I donate plateletts at the blood bank. A day taking my mother to town.
It would be nice to get back to being busy with work.

Just got done spraying 20 gallons of insectide in my gardens. Dang Japanese beetles. I shall win this year!

My granfather made his own kind of wine out of the beetles. He would collect as many as he could, add water and put them in the blender. Then he would sprinkle them back on the plants. He said it seemed to work to keep the rest of them off.

Just got done spraying 20 gallons of insectide in my gardens. Dang Japanese beetles. I shall win this year!

My granfather made his own kind of wine out of the beetles. He would collect as many as he could, add water and put them in the blender. Then he would sprinkle them back on the plants. He said it seemed to work to keep the rest of them off.

Dan, I know that sounds far fetched but it really does work. The reason behind this is that odds are some of the Jap. beetles are carring diseases (natural) with them. When you blend them into a "slurry" to say you are spreading their own diseases. By spraying them on, I use to add flour to make it stick, you are going to infect other beetles and not poison ourselves.

Just remember to clean out the blender really well and do not tell the family what you did.

The fly strips I wrapped around my apple tree trunks are still working. So many ants sacrificed themselves to try to cross the sticky wrap.

Taps being played now. Please remove your hat.:)

Back