What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm think we should give Nikki one for the first member to reach the corner 5000 times in the first year as a member! LMAO

:)

Funny you mention 5,000 !

We just hit 5,000 members a short time ago.

Just finished starting my KIWI wine (6 gal).

I scored 2 cases (at least 40#) of Kiwi. The cost you ask? Well I took a whole (1) bottle of my Pineapple wine to get them.
Oh this is the same guy that GAVE (free) me the Pineapples last year

Good deal..

Snock in a botling session this morning before the Comcast guy came and did some work here. Finally this guy came in and did a good job. For the past few years every company has come in and further hacked up a ball of spaghetti here but this guy came in cut out all the wires and started from new and even replaced my old phone junction box in my wine cellar that really was an eye sore. But anyway I bottled my Peach finally and will be leaving soon to take the kids to a museum. Maybe later I can rack a few wines and finally be all caught up for a few weeks with wine stuff. Why do we let it get this far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got 60 pounds of peaches for 20 bucks yesterday!!! thats .33 cent a pound people!!! WHOOOOOOHOOOOOO more peach ale and more peach wine comming up!
ALL of that would make a GREAT Peach wine.

40#'s for wine

20#'s for a F-PAC !

was gonna do 40# wine 14# fpack

and 6# ale

but u KNOW after i cut out the pits it wont come to that...more n likley will get
40# wine 10# fpack

and 6# ale....

I need to score like that on peaches...Going to check with some produce guys in the strip this week I think.

Anyway, as I said, I went to check on the local bushes with bags and cutter in hand. After an hour I came home with 4 grocery bags full with just what was ripe. After cleaning and desteming I ended up with 11lb 15 oz of berries. They are now in ziplocks and sitting in the freezer.

I'm excited. What do I need per gallon of elderberry? What if I steam the berries first...

Find a Peach farm or a farmers market. That's where you will get good buys.

Went and picked up a bottle of chardonay and merlot from Kavic Winery. THey gave me a bottle of their Deep Valley Bluch to try out. Have dinner marinating. Dinner will consist of Salmon in a mesquite grill marinade, cajun shrimp in Julies Hot Pepper wine and cajun seasoning and a Delmonico marinating in both red and green peppers, vidalia onion, chiante, montreal streak and a touch of cognac. Vegitables will be butter and herb noodles. and the grilled peppers.

Having a glass of Chiante now. Is it too early?

Had my first port last night, was Warre's Warrior... Definitely different, but i have a better understanding on some of the different textures and tastes involved in finding a balance. Was a good experience, planning a round 2 a little later today, seeing how there's still 2/3 of the bottle left :dg

Doug whatever you do, where rubber goves. Next to pomegranate, those elderbrries are the worlds second most staining substance on the Earth!!!!!!

Helped hang curtains and signage in wifes new Day Spa......opening soon.

Now we await her son (my stepson) and his new girl friend. They spent yesterday hiking Mount Washington and today they're driving out to see us and stay the night.

He's a good man and daddy to three of our grandchildren and we're eager to meet his new lady love.

Cool Darren.

Is that Mount Washington the one where they recorded the world record wind speed?

got home abit ago from our local (5 min drive) winery...had a wine tasting with firends...soooooo buzzed at 3pm...at 4pm im still kinda buzzed LMAO!!1 good wine!!

heheheheheh gooooood day yo!btw

punpkin wine is the bomdigtybomb!!!! cant wait for ti to be avail for sale in the fall!! their cherry and plum were kick but to
had my first cab adn merlot today...didnt love it , didnt hat eit .....LUVED the fruit wines tho!

Sounds "peachy" . Makes you want to start stepping on fruit in the bathtub huh?

LOL

Gotta try and finally SWMBO happy. I got enough of the cheap peaches to make some jam or jelly.
Gawd, it's hard staying married 30 years and keeping a woman happy most of that time.

Worked today. Then got some medicine for the kid and went to walmart. Had sushi for dinner. Racked a bunch of wines. The California Red Zinfandel, Barolo, Skeeter Pee, Merlot, Dandelion, Pinot Noir. I still need to rack the Apple. That's got to wait though. I started the Bella Bianco - SG 1.100 at 80 deg. Has a very fruity & flowery nose. It also has a huge pack of oak that I put into the primary.
Now my new carboy is full. I'm back to where I was last week. All carboys full except of one better bottle and a 5 gallon glass. The full BB is the Cranberry. I'm going to add an F Pack and then rack it to the 5 gallon glass and that will be full too.
Glad I have another 6 gallon carboy arriving from George this week. But that will have the Bella in it before too long.
Thus the carboy collection expands again.
Tomorrow I'm taking my special needs clients to the Ravens Training Camp at McDaniel College. It'll be fun.
If my Meritage shows up, I'll be starting that one after work.

Latest posts

Back