What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats excellentDoug. Get as many as you can. Dont need to remind you about your freezer, don't need to use them all right away.

Portion them up and you will have something to make in the middle of winter when there is n't an elderberry in sight!

Thats right, the ripe elders will sink and the not so ripe will float. They are about 2 weeks away here and I have spotted so many full bushes and Im going to town on them this year and next year I will nail them for the flowers.

Started a 3 gallon raspberry melomel today. Been fermenting like mad lately in order to use up everything ahead of house renovations. Can't have buckets and carboys to worry about while taking out walls and installing a new bathroom.

Working on a house you live in sucks.

Thats excellentDoug. Get as many as you can. Dont need to remind you about your freezer, don't need to use them all right away.

Portion them up and you will have something to make in the middle of winter when there is n't an elderberry in sight!

I'm going to try and score on as many as I can. I have them in 4 lb increments in ziplock bags. Those, my 24 lbs of strawberries and 12 lbs of blue berries are taking up the bottom shelf of my basement freezer right now. I'll be steam juicing the elderberries I think. Afterall, I did buy a steam juicer and its just sitting in the box.

At work until 3:30. Gotta pick the kid up from day camp. Gonna check on the Meritage and hope the fermentation started. I'm kinda worried the yeast wasn't viable due to the heat. Pitched it last night and I'm not seeing the vigorous fermentation like that of the primary next to it. I may take some of the fermenting must from the Bella bianco and pour it into the meritage

just finished 9.5 hrs drive to Tn to bring my mom home...i KNOW i ws sposed to meet up with someone whilst out this way, but it was such a last min trip my mind is fried and i forgot WHO!!! i forgot any and all wine as well, such a dang slacker i swear!! in my defence she was not sposed to be coming home for another 3 or 4 weeks and ive not had much time to revise my plans ....

Just checked on the Meritage. I think that it is starting to bubble. Very slight crackle sound.
I stirred the must of the Bella Bianco. That is fermenting so good that the oak chips can be seen swirling around without stirring. Ended up taking 1/2 a cup of that and pouring it into the Meritage hoping the yeast (EC1118) will take hold.

LOL, As I was reading about your yeast and then how one was going well, I was going to suggest you take a bit of the vigorous must and add it to the Meritage! Then I read the rest of your post where you did!:d:d

Thank god we finally finished the painting job from hell now I now why it's been awhile since i painted the livingroom .Just need to hang the curtains and move the furniture back in but we decided to wait until we weren't so tired . then time focus back on the wines I have going .

I am currently painting our dining room and kitchen. I tossed out the blinds and curtain tops or whatever you call them. We are going to get new blinds to match the paint. ( wife was not happy when she asked what happened to the old ones. She thought we should try to sell them. That means they sit in the basement for four years and moved around about six times. I only moved them once..right into the garbage!):fsh

Leaving work in an hour for a class. Maybe I'll check the elderberry bushes if I have time between the 2. Need to mow the lawn later this evening. Grass is getting high in the front.

Put in some new fence yesterday. Our strawberry plants were eaten several times and I needed to confine 6 little ducks, so I did it all at once.

Did morning chores, including feeding the rabbit and ducks. Now I can fix up the raspberry melomel I started Monday.

Then off to mow and finish some bathroom wiring. Aaargh. Finished wiring means drywall is next. Drywall :gb

rewired some outlets - framed up some supports for a counter top - adding in a utility sink.

Need to get my dad to help me sweat the copper.

Put in some new fence yesterday. Our strawberry plants were eaten several times and I needed to confine 6 little ducks, so I did it all at once.

Did morning chores, including feeding the rabbit and ducks. Now I can fix up the raspberry melomel I started Monday.

Then off to mow and finish some bathroom wiring. Aaargh. Finished wiring means drywall is next. Drywall :gb

Mud - i feel your pain - i hung the drywall in the bsmt when i redid it. I also helped my brother-in-law hand the garage when we built. 4' x 12' x 1/2" drywall - that sheet is heavy.

I am currently painting our dining room and kitchen. I tossed out the blinds and curtain tops or whatever you call them. We are going to get new blinds to match the paint. ( wife was not happy when she asked what happened to the old ones. She thought we should try to sell them. That means they sit in the basement for four years and moved around about six times. I only moved them once..right into the garbage!):fsh

I know what you mean - my wife does the same thing - i started moving sheet out making room for my wine making in the unfinished bsmt - she got mad - i went back to hammering.

just got home...it rained the last freaking 3 hrs of my drive.....and i dont mean a little bita drizzle...i mean cars slamming on their brakes in front of me, and me CUSSING them-lightning hitting branches over head and me dodging them as they fell- wind rocking the car so bad i swear it felt as if it was gonna lift up- hydroplaning at 55 cuz there was so much water on 301- finally came out of the rain about 20 min from home and it just drizzled from there out, now im outta the shower relaxing and watching for it to catch up to me LMAO!

Worked at the center today. Kept one of my clients calm during the thunderstorm.
Checked on the wine and the Mertiage is bubbling slowly but surely. I think adding that cup of must from the Bella helped it out. Gave it a stir as well as the Bella. That one is very vigorous.

Latest posts

Back