What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went and picked elderberries this am. Scored 6 shopping bags full. Cleaned 2 bags and ended up with 15 lbs from one bush. Still have 4 more bags to clean this afternoon.

Heading down to the Good Ship Lolly Pop now.

Will clean the rest of the berries when I get home. I'm guessing I probably have another 20 lbs to clean. With what is cleaned so far I have harvested amost 31 lbs after I'm done I figure I'll be close to 50 today. The berries left on the bush still will probably yield another 25-30 lbs.

Doug do you need help picking the remainder. I have some time tomorrow and early this week? let me know.

Went mountain biking and did about ten miles of trails. Had a buddy along. He's slooooow. But it was nice to have some company for once. Usually it's just me and the mp3 player.

Just got back from a motorcycle ride to Jungle Jim's and wondering through all of the wines there then over to a support the troops rally and heading out with friends tonight to see a band who's members are friends of ours.

Last night I came home to my new wine press. I started the mulberry wine and racked the Bella bianco to a BB to finish.
Just waiting at work until 8 then I'm going to get some raisings for the Mullberry.

Think I may go out berry pcking myself later. Supose to be in te eighties today, thats hot for us! I will wait till later. It still only gets dark now for a couple hours so I have till like midnight! LOL

Got some sockeyes in the smoker.

Tonight is my 30th grade school reunion. I so wanted to be there but Milwaukee is a long way from here and they dont le you fly for free.

Been in touch with an old classmate,Kim, her and two other girls have been organizing it the last year or so. I would sure not only would have liked to see my old classmates, but several of our teachers are going to attend.

Sometimes living in the far north has its disadvantages, and this is one of them for sure.

Now, I'm sad, only one thing to do. YEP, pop a top!! LOL

I actually asked Kim about that, she said it just wasn't going to be able to happen. There are of course several people for whatever reason wont beable to attend.

I'll be missing a glorious time for sure.

Haven't seen these people, or them, any of the others in 30 years. It may not happen again.

I may have to pop more than one top.

Along with all the blessings I recieve in my life, sometimes Ifeel like I miss out on some of the good stuff. This is goig to be one of them. Kind of like Charlie Brown. He has Snoopy, I have my cats.

Remaining berries produced 19 lbs 14 oz. In total today I got close to if not more than 35 lbs.

Steve,

Thanks for the offer. I picked everything that was ready. Rest wont be ready til late week, possibly the weekend. May check the one bush tuesday since I have a Dr appt and will be off work for that.

Went to the dump today and the guy had 143 bottles for me and I just finished delabelling and cleaning them after working a 6 1/2 day of OT so a very good day here!

Went mountain biking and did about ten miles of trails. Had a buddy along. He's slooooow. But it was nice to have some company for once. Usually it's just me and the mp3 player.

dont give the buddy to hard a time, if u went with me im sure you could PUSH the bike faster than i ride!!!

Itsuko and I went to dinner at my old terminal manager's (he retired 3 years ago) home yesterday evening. I took a bottle of my raspberry wine with us and it was a big hit. Today will be spent puttering in the yard and garden.

Gonna go bottle 1 batch (would be more but low on corks and they are in the mail) and rack a few others for bottling whne the corks come in.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeep!

Wake up, walk and check the blackberry patch.. Come home.. Check the forum... And that'll probably take the whole day.... ::

Just sitting here at work. Two clients are at church the other is making faces at me. He doesn't talk so it's a little game he plays.
Added a pound of golden raisins to the mulberry wine last night. So many berries I may need to press them. Gonna be more than one gallon for sure.
Now it's just waiting until 8pm so I can go home and relax :)

just got 25 pints of Blueberry for $8.00. Already froze and will steam juice soon to join the "others" .. LOL

Offically start vacation today heading to the city for Natal Day events . Makes me think I should see who around this area wants to get together and sample each other's wine . Think I'll go pick some raspberries at Upick tomorrow when we go on another little road trip give the raspberry wine making a try .

went to Keystone Md today with hubs to buy a snowblower...so it wont snow this year..yall can thank me now :)

A snow blower!!!!! Do you actually get any snow there? I'm thinking you need to haul that thing up to my house this winter :)

Latest posts

Back