What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started 6 gallons of Strawberry Wine. 5 1/4 gallons were from Steam Juice.
:dg
Using 2 1/2 gts of steamed Strawberry juice and concentrating them by 1/2 to add to my KIWI wine as a f-pac.

It's about 7am and I'm going to fire the bike up and ride the 25 miles to donate plateletts again. If they stay on me to make appointments, it's every two weeks.
I hope to keep at it until I can at least have that 50 gallon tag to put on the bike. It turns heads.
After that I'll have to see what I feel up too.
Maybe bottle cleaning or bottling that blackberry that is still waiting for me.

About to recertify my crisis intervention training. Here comes the bruises.

^^^oh man^^^^ and to think i hated HIPPIA recert-ing LOL!!!! ^^^thats^^^ much more harsh!

Getting a fresh round of Hepatitus B vaccine.
Health care workers are exposed to a lot of people with Hep B.
Can't believe it's such a prevalent virus. Was there a major outbreak years ago?

Bruises from training and now a shot. Today is rough.

Last edited:
just cleared my plant area...i have WAY to many...contemplated getting rid of a few... squashed that thought!!! i just need a better plant rack! ive got 17 african violets right now...think ill order another 3 of them so i can have an even 20 HAHAHHAH!! my green one is finally in bloom and looks fantastic! im so glad i got that one! my "nearly black" one is also in bloom, kinda disapointed its not darker, but it is a very deep purple with a double bloom and is beautiful! i took piccys LOL i had to!

need to find a violet club thats local, i know there is one in wilmington but thats kinda far!

just cleared my plant area...i have WAY to many...contemplated getting rid of a few... squashed that thought!!! i just need a better plant rack! ive got 17 african violets right now...think ill order another 3 of them so i can have an even 20

Can't you just start 3 new plants off the ones you already have?

yup i easily could, infact i buy them by the leaf and propagte them like that. BUT i dont want more of what i already got , i want noew colors and fun stuff

that being said ...when these babys are a bit older (they range from 6 months to a year) im gonna take clipping and combine 3 at time for a rainbow effect. i will propagate that and then give them as gifts. after keeping one each for myself LOL! my oldest is only 4 years cuz i started with them when i got back stateside 4 years ago. and they are just bog standard supermarket ones , nothing special! so ill leave those alone LOL

Picked the first of the elderberries earlier today. Most aren't ripe, but some of the plants have black berries on the sunny side. Now off to pick more blackberries. Stopping at 10 lbs. This is getting out of control.

By "getting" I mean "way beyond".

Mud,

There is no such thing as "out of control" when it comes to berries. :p

Sorted through my second 75lbs-peach purchase.. Got em out sunbathing, warming up from the cold storage they've been in..

Ended up with 'Summer Flame' peaches this time instead of 'Candy Princess'; they arent as pretty looking, but they're smaller with very nice blushes.

I'll either be a wine maker this weekend, or a poor man with a big friggin' mess!

Aaaaaah drinkin, no work tomorrow. I have no idea what I am going to do come September when I have to work Fridays. :?

Just got home from the local rib fest at the park. Cleaned out the pool in the back yard so our 3 y/o could swim tomorrow and over the weekend. Will likely pick more elderberries tomorrow after my wife gets home from work or on Saturday morning.

Might start a batch of elderberry on Sunday if I make it to Costco for sugar.

Deezil, I just chooped up a case of 18# of peaches, I forget what time I think "flame" was in the type. Got them for $23. They are in the freezer waiting their turn.

Just cracked open a bottle of Canadian Classic 12 yo whisky my buddy gave me for my birthday.

I thought about aging it for at least another week!

So much for good intentions, this is some smooth sh$et.

If I also indulge in the organic "tea" I also recieved, this toothache will be gone in no time! LOL

Thats sounds great Doug, how many do you have stashed so far?

I dont remeber if you said you have ever made the E berry before, but that stuff will stain everything bad, including your fingeres. Wear rubber gloves if you can, or you will be explaining the purple fingeres for weeks to come!!!

LMAO! Guess how I know?

LOL

Starter a PINEAPPLE wine from 5 1/2 gallons of STEAMED PINEAPPLE.
Brewed 10 gallons of Pilsner Urquell BEER!

RICA, if this whisky doent distract me I was going to start a pee also. I took Lons recipe, and make two thirds, but to that I add about 1/4 cup of shredded ginger, its a nice touch. I've added other flavors, but Leanne turned me onto to the fresh ginger and it adds a nice touch to the pee.

Just be sure to wash your hands after handling fresh ginger. If you touch the area you pee, you will remeber it for several hours. LOL Nuff said.

This is all contingent on whether or not my buddy comes by to run me for some water.

Lack of plumbing has its disadvantages, and this is one of them.LOL

I didnt say do it, but something to think about.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back