What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mothers husband bought a snowblower a few years ago. She was mad as hell because it wasn't cheap!

Then she got to realizing once he gets it running, he can't stop!!

He clears the snow for all the neighbors and all the lil ole ladies on the block!!

In the words of my Mum, "at least he is doing something besides driving me nuts!"

She knew retirement wasn't going to be easy!

A snow blower!!!!! Do you actually get any snow there? I'm thinking you need to haul that thing up to my house this winter :)

girl we got 65 inches last near and i nearly DIED when he HIT the well with the neighbors tractor!!!!! we had no running water for almost 2 days..(ya i know rough huh...) i was boiling water to wash dishes and and flush with LMAO!!! was freaking funny as hell...he got mad at me cuz all i could do was laugh about it and he was so ticked off he broke it!!! only cost us like 7 bucks to fix but had to wait till the plows came to get us outta the street so we cud go to the hardware store HAHAHH!

Last edited:
girl we got 65 inches last near and i nearly DIED when he HIT the well with the neighbors tractor!!!!! we had no running water for almost 2 days..(ya i know rough huh...) i was boiling water to wash dishes and and flush with LMAO!!! was freaking funny as hell...he got mad at me cuz all i could do was laugh about it and he was so ticked off he broke it!!! only cost us like 7 bucks to fix but had to wait till the plows came to get us outta the street so we cud go to the hardware store HAHAHH!

Nikki

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down! :)

worked and relaxed at home. Kat made a yummy spaghetti sauce from the fresh tomatoes in the garden.
Checked on the wines. Gotta rack them.

Last edited:
Chop the hole in the ice, dip it out, taste it twice.

If it taste fine, make some wine

went to Keystone Md today with hubs to buy a snowblower...so it wont snow this year..yall can thank me now :)

What you cant get one by you? Didnt know that they are out yet. Kinda like Xmas in July?

went to Keystone Md today with hubs to buy a snowblower...so it wont snow this year..yall can thank me now :)

Nikkie, I fully understand the salesperson selling you that snowblower. I makes perfec sense to me. Hey by the way, I was wondering if you could stop up by my place this weekend?

I have a deal on some property that could be a resort someday for sale. :)

0-GarbageDump.jpg

Playing around in the admin panel all day trying to set up some vendor ads and a payapl accnt to collect fees. Didnt really succeed tonight! :(

At some point I guess we will have to fess up and tell Wade the truth about what happened to all that money. HIC!

I tried to tell Dan not to spend it all, but, geez, it was kinda fun.

Where do you think Nikki got a snowblower from?
LMFAO!

:pee

Have an appointment at 10:00. Going to swing by the most productive Elderberry bush on the way home and check it for berries. Should be able to score a couple lbs.

I thought it was bad when I was driving down the road and would spot the flowers on the bushes, now I just want to go pick berries.

Have an appointment at 10:00. Going to swing by the most productive Elderberry bush on the way home and check it for berries. Should be able to score a couple lbs.

I thought it was bad when I was driving down the road and would spot the flowers on the bushes, now I just want to go pick berries.

doug, what is up with that...is this like a seperate addiction? i miss my blackberry picking sooo bad...it's like...what's next out there to pick, lol
today for us, back to school shopping...oh how my 16 yr. old loves it...not

Gonna KEG (2) my 10 gallons of Newcastle Nut Brown Ale.

um ya yall....hubby HAD to have the blower...its a very used attachment for his cub cadet that we got for well cheaper than value (so says DNW anyways.... cudda fooled me) we paid 150 for it i thought it was steap...he was drooling! no slasperson involved, just hubby and one guy from a cub cadet forum LOL! this guys yard looked like the place where Cubs go to DIE!! he musta had a thousand of em ...DNW says it was more like 80 LOL! oh well hubs is happy

today i drove a friends to the airport, we left their house at 4 am ...was so happy to get home and take a nap!!

All day affair...

Bottled 5 gallons of Skeeter
Bottled 6 gallons of WE exoctic fruit white zin (why) (special request)
Bottled 5 gallons of west Coast Pale Ale.

Guess What...All primary and secondaries are EMPTY. WTH

It's about 3 in the afternoon here in Fl and I just finished some work I had. A change to a pool cage drawing.
Now it's down stairs to start my househusband chores.
Most of the dishes done this morning, but dinner has to be started.
I tip my hat to all you ladies who work and do house work too. It's a PITA to keep up and have a job, even part time.
I really need to bottle my first batch of blackberry, maybe, just maybe this evening.
But the good thing is,,, it's 3:00 pm,,, I won't feel bad about opening a bottle of wine to drink. :dg

Just about ALL of my fermenters & carboys are full. I think I'm actually short a couple of carboys.... uh oh.
Almost time to bottle a couple of things. I still need to sweeten the Apple and make an F Pack for the cranberry.
Waiting another couple of days before racking the Bella bianco due to no carboy available. Waiting on a carboy to open up for the meritage too.
Scoring 5 - 5 gallon glass carboys on monday for $20 each from a water company.

Latest posts

Back