What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got outside early this morning and finished cutting up the Mulberry tree now I just have to haul it away then I replaced a mower belt on my brother-in-law's mower only to have a second belt go bad on it had to run to town and buy one more belt then I did my dog chores now I am in enjoying a nice glass of cranberry wine

JT, you know better to replace one and not the other while youre in there! Tisk tisk. Racked my White Merlot and the Liebfraumilch and then made the f-pac and sweetened my Peach thats been in aging since October last year. I usually dont wait this long before sweetening and adding more flavr if needed but this one just wasnt clearing at all so I wasnt worried about clouding it up. I also used a fining agent that Ive had hanging around that came with my Vinbrite filter so we"ll see how it does.

Your right Wade that will be the last time that I listen to my brother-in-law he claimed that the second belt was new last fall surprise surprise but why did it have to happen today my wife having an old friend over this week so you know how that goes every thing has to be so so. Well I have go get a refill on the wine bye

WARNING WARNING WARNING: If your coming to my party on Aug 14th do not mix my Cranberry with Skeeter Pee. The Cranberry is a bit tart with tad bit of acid and semi dry. It is a deadly mix. Tasty, refreshing, smooth and two bottles gone...isn't it Troy that said the floor was moving and then it hit him! LOL Thanks for the suggestion Dan (xanxer82).

Spent most of the day getting my new chicken run set up. Still got a long way to go till it's done. Just started the plum wine from the 45 lbs of tiny plums I've been cutting up for days. Ended up with a bigger batch then expected :r

Went to Preque Isle yesterday, spent a total of 20 minutes on the beach. Our 3 y/o wanted nothing to do with it. Oh well. We went for a 2+ hour walk on the peninsula then hit up Arrowhead winery and Heritage Winery. We came home with a bottle of Peach, Cherry, and Strawberry from Arrowhead and a bottle of Very Berry Blackberry from Heritage. The blackberry is a sparkling wine.

We talked about taking a trip up in September during the day sometime to hit some wineries, shops etc.

Doud, did you get any bottles at Heritage? Thats a good place to get them.

Only full ones. There were 4 of us and Andrea in the car and the back had the stroller, beach stuff and coolers. No room for bottles unfortuantly. We are planning another trip sometime in the near future during the week when we will have more time. I want to check our Presque Isle winery also.

I forgot to mention, we did get a bottle of their (Heritage) Pear wine. It was light and refreshing tasting. I personally felt it was much better than the pear wine at Volant. Thier's (Volant), to me, tasted extremely sweet with very little flavor.

Worked and then picked about 3 lbs of blackberries. They have just basically come into play and I did miss a bunch as they dried up but not that bad. there still more that need to ripen but not a lot more. i wish I could find them like raspberries!!!! Im noy even picking them this year.

Yesterday I got a case of Banana's 30#'s? FREE !
I cut the tops and bottoms off and sliced w/skns in 1/3rds and froze. I will now use this for Banana soup as needed.

also
Got 50#'s of carrots for Joeswine's HORSE which I gave to yesterday @ the wine club mtg.

poor poor DNW

i rearanged the bed room today ...he asked why i had to move all the crap around
i told him i was bored n needed something to do
he asked me to hurry up and get a job...

Sitting here enjoying a glass of Cherry wine from Arrowhead. This is really good. We tried the Peach and also a touch of the Strawberry. I'll check sg's on the Cherry and Peach tomorrow. The sg on the strawberry was 1.010. It is very good with almost a Smuckers taste to it. I felt it was a little too sweet. I'll check the acid tomorrow so that I can get a better guideline for when mine is ready. I know we make wine to our tastes, but having an idea of these things may help others out there.

Well today I racked my primitovo/syrah into the secondary and mixed on my Vino Europa cab/sauv. As per some suggestions I got from this site I added 2lbs of raisins to the Vino Europa. I also used the lees from the primitovo as it had some oak chunks in it. I just pitched the yeast but I'm wondering if I needed to when using lees from last batch. Whats done is done so we'll see what happens.

ONe question which will definately prove once an for all what a newbie to all this I am. JEEPINGCHICK, what is a DNW????? I sure can't figure it out. I've been racking my brain for 2 weeks now.

Later

Been there done that and it is how I duplicated a wine that my wife loved and then the next year mine came out even better then theirs or at least my wife and I thiught so. She would drive 13 miles each way at least 4 times a month and pay $14.40 for a 375 ml bottle of this Black Currant wine, this was the reason right here why I started making wine! My first 2 batches were the Island mists and the 3rd was the Vintners Harvest Black Currant wine base which came out very nice. Since then Ive made a few more of those and then found a place locally that grew them and froze them in 36 lb boxes that was actually cheaper then 2 cans of the Vintners and now I have my own bushes thanks to Grapeman. :r

ONe question which will definately prove once an for all what a newbie to all this I am. JEEPINGCHICK, what is a DNW????? I sure can't figure it out. I've been racking my brain for 2 weeks now.

Later

LMAO a DNW is a DoubleNuttedWrench (screen name) AKA my husbad!

Back