What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started my peach in the primary. My 75 cents a pound peaches needed a few days of sitting before I thought they were ready.
Finally this morning when I woke up and went down stairs, I could "smell" peaches!
So they are now destoned and cut up in the primary.
Now I'll force myself to get to work on a set of plans that the contractor gave me the changes he wants made.

Freaking hot out there. I went to the dump today and then clipped all the hedges and cleaned up that mess and I was drenched to the bone. Maybe Ill go rack a batch or 2 and then do some more work on Nikki's spice rack(Lazy Susan)

Bottled cranberry melomel last night and racked the blueberry into a thirdary. Picked up some Wyman's juice today for the f-pack. Will be doing that tomoorw am. Too hot here to boil it down.

"Thirdary" is not a word.

Last edited:
Wal-mart. Wyman's had a retailer locater on their site. Could have picked berries again but this will be easier.

I'm making a MOJITO for tomorrows Wine Club (POOL) Meeting.
Gonna be 95*+ so looking forward to dip in the pool. I am bringing my Pineapple Wine. If in the S.Jersey area you are welcome to come just PM me.

Went outside early this morning and started cutting up that big Mulberry I took down that was shadeing my vineyard until noon. We have a heat index of between 100-107 today so I spent the next three hours staying cool then went out to mow my father-in-law's yard with my brother-in-law's mower and the deck belt went bad so I came back home and opened a bottle of cranberry wine that is seven month's old so I had to do a taste test on it and it is pretty good for a young wine, everyone try and stay cool

I used to drive to Somerville quarterly for work. Usually 1-2 days at a time. If I was still doing it I'd bring you some wine, Tom. Ah well. One more thing to blame on our slow economy.

Last edited:
Spent the rest of my day ripping the siding off the back of my house as I discovered that there was a bees nest behind there right at the same level where my sons room is. Not a huge nest but big enough and its gone now. 7 cans of Raid Wasp killer and also a can of starting fluid with a lighter as a flame torch. :gb:sm Sorry no pics as I was busy enough trying not to get stung or burn the house down for that matter. It was a 7'x 10' area and the siding is back up now again. It is still pretty hot here and the back of my neck is now burnt pretty bad. I also almost clipped off my finger thos morning while trimming the hedges, those things cut pretty fast so Im lucky I only nipped the tip. Had to put on a Mandaid. My version of a bandaid with some paper towel and duct tape! :)

Picked 2.5# of chokecherries this evening. That's about 1/3 of a gallon. Hoping to pick the same amouont tomorrow and make a gallon batch of wine. Usually don't bother with 1 gallon batches, but that's going to exhaust the supply unless I climb the tree.

-not a monkey Mud

Cut up a few more branches from our Mulberry tree this am. Twisted my knee some how and it has been bothering me big time all day. Something bulges out about an inch from my lower knee when I bend it 90 degrees or more. Hurts like he**. Oh well, took some advil, had a glass of wine, going to bed soon then heading to Presque Isle tomorrow to spend the day at the beach.

Dan, thanks for the heads up on Presque Isle winery, they are closed on Sundays except during harvest season when they are open 8:30 til 2:00. I'll have to make a Saturday trip up for bottles sometime soon so I can get them all cleaned.

Working today. Stirred the cranberry wine before heading out. Fizzy fizzy! Hopefully it ferments completely like that. Has anyone else made a cranberry wine and needed an f pack? I wanna be prepared.

Dan, I made it from juice and it was very strong and did not need an f-pack. I blended it with Niagara at a 25-30% ratio. The Cranberry wine itself would also be very good with tonic water or vodka.

Thanks dan. I wonder how it would taste blended with skeeter pee.. Maybe I will blend about a gallon and call it Skeeter Kidney Infection ROFL!

Thanks dan. I wonder how it would taste blended with skeeter pee.. Maybe I will blend about a gallon and call it Skeeter Kidney Infection ROFL!

:slp Hey I think your onto something. Dang I had some Cranberry bottled just for the purpose of blending later. Never thought of that and now I wish I would have. Would have been a lot easier before all the pee was bottled. I will be putting a few bottles of cranberry and pee in the wine cooler for sure. Thanks for the idea! :hug

Will be going to my Wine Club Meeting.

Ahh and they have a pool in this 95*+ heat.

Latest posts

Back