What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stabelized the Pinot noir. Now Im at a coffee house with Kat now relaxing.

Last edited:
For a second there I read that you stabilized your Pinot Noir at a coffee house! I was going to have to gather the rest of our members and get an intervention in the going!!!!!!!!! :)
Hers a pic of my daughter cutting out the big disc for Nikki's Lazey Susan. After she rough cut it Im trimming them with a router and template to get them nice.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

LUV LUV LUV her flip flops!!! poor wade, youve got a cutie there and ur gonna be in pure hell when shes into dating and now wood cutting!!!

Yeah, not really OSHA certified footware!!! At least she had safety glasses and ear plugs though!

You forget... He has his friend for protection.. Now I think he's name is GLOCK or was that Smith & Wesson :slp

I have many to choose from,. The Glock is a user friendly but the Mossberg and Bushmaster are the street sweepers!

LOL wade. No, the coffee house hasn't asked me to make a wine yet. The senior center on the other hand wants me to give a small presentation on winemaking. All I cant do is actually pitch the yeast. ;)

Rod, I agree with your wife. Skip the fairies, your not the type.

Wade that is so cool you are doing that with your daughter. I know mine had a blast using the nailing gun, helping me build my wine racks.

When I was at HD I would help out with the kids workshops on the weekends and all of those kids will remember building those kits with their parents forever. Kinda like when our dads helped out building the pinewood derby cars in Cub Scouts!

My son and daughter both fired the Hilti Powder actuated gun yesterday once they saw it. I held my sons hand while he did so and I also locked it up once done! :)

Wade I love that your daughter is interested in working with the wood . Speaking of wood we finally finished the hardwood floors we were refinishing . Today I picked up the paint for the walls when i was visiting son ,think I'll just use the cheap paint I saw at walmart for the ceiling . Our son is doing better and should be out of the hospital by next Tuesday .I have so much going on I haven't even picked up the kit on sale this month from Wine Expert .

Wade, are definately going to have your hands full when your daughter starts dating. She looks like she is really enjoying herself working on the project with you. I tried to be as involved as possible with everything my children have done. If we as parents instill good values in our children, they will turn our ok despite the world around them and everything that is wrong with it.

On another note, my sons learned to shoot when they were under 12 and my daughter (17) went shooting with me last year. She had a blast and was dead on with the XD45 at 15-20 yds....

Living in the county, both my daugthers got an early training in shooting and driving.
My daughters really like the Ruger 22 semi auto pistol I had with a 14" bull barrel.
My youngest got very good with it by the time she was 10.
People would shake their heads, but firearm handling should be a mandatory course at all schools once the kids get into the 5th grade.
Teach them that they are real and real dangerous. Not some fake thing you see on the movies where people get shot at all day and nothing happens.

People would shake their heads, but firearm handling should be a mandatory course at all schools once the kids get into the 5th grade.
Teach them that they are real and real dangerous. Not some fake thing you see on the movies where people get shot at all day and nothing happens.

I couldn't agree with this more. As I stated, both my sons learned at a young age. I'm a firm believer in the fact that if you teach a child "respect" for the firearm, they will do just that, respect what it is capable of. They will not want to "play" with it and will learn to handle them responsibly. I'm not saying that every child should have an interest in shooting, but I do agree all should be taught to respect them and be responsible when around them.

I can place a loaded gun on a table and guess what, no one will get hurt until someone is irresponsible with it. Guns don't kill, people do. It is easier to blame the evil gun and try to regulate through more gun laws than it is to hold people responsible for their actions.

Why do some people hold their hand gun sideways when they shoot?

Because that's how it came in the box. :):):)

I can place a loaded gun on a table and guess what, no one will get hurt until someone is irresponsible with it. Guns don't kill, people do. It is easier to blame the evil gun and try to regulate through more gun laws than it is to hold people responsible for their actions.

Well if it wasn't on the table in the first place NO ONE would have to worry about getting hurt .

Back