What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not going to say a word about your typing...
All it takes is fast fat fingers and small buttons on the keyboard!
I'm fixin' to head into town to get some printing down. Finished a set of polebarn plans and hopefully will collect on them before peaches are $6.00 a pound!
I will go get my sorbate while I'm in there too.
The good thing about living in the country is that any trip to town is a 50 mile round trip ride on the bike!

gotta take Kylie to the ortho this afternoon to look at how her broken arm is healing. the base Ped told us last week it wasnt healing fast enough so sent her to the ortho... yay fun times :(

You mean to tell me you guys still use conventional oil!!!!!!!!! Toe oil is the best! :rdo My daughter and I did some work on Nikki's Lazy Susan tonight. She has decided that she likes wood working after she had a 1 day class in school about 4 months ago so I let her use my jigsaw and she did a pretty good job cutting out the 9 smaller discs that will tier on top of the big 18 1/2" one as it will be a 3 tiered Lazy Susan on top of a big one. which will be all red oak. She also used my planer and sliding compound saw. We glued up the blank for the big disc which Ill make a jig tomorrow and route that as a perfect circle tomorrow and then the next day Ill make a template for the plunge router and route in where the spice containers will sit. They will be standing up with 3 levels on each spindle so you can see them instead of them sitting horizontal where you need to label the tops. Im just charging Nikki for shipping and anything she eels like giving for labor will go to my daughter as Im letting her do most of the work to get her acquainted with tools. I also told my daughter this doesnt mean she can become a wood worker as I dont want her getting bet down everyday like I do!

yall jus tdont know how excited i am to see this susan!! and wade, u can hold the "toe oil" LOL!!! im so glad your able to make this a daddy daughter thing!! i used to love wokring with tools with my dad , and now i love doing my hobbies with my daughter!! this means so much to me you just dont know!!

kylies apt went well today they say she is healing fine and let her stop wearing the sling unless shes active and bouncing around! so shes all excited!! we go back in 2 weeks to make sure shes still on course!

Last edited:
Finished putting two new beds in the garden. Then got to climb up on my friends roof and pick plums. Not quite as ripe as I would have liked but ripe enough. Hopeing once they are destoned to have about 20 lbs. The limbs were so heavy they were laying on the roof. I just sat on the roof pulling branches to me.

Contemplating steaming the 5 lbs of cherries we bought last week and making a batch of wine from them before they go bad since we are not eating them....

in the process of printing out lables for EVERYTHING ...i have a few more bottles than origanally thought, gonna be awhile ....YAY something to do LOL!

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/album.php?albumid=149

here is what i printed out today ..the ones that dont have ABVs on em...well that was in my pre testing period...ive jsut never labeled anything before ...let me know what yall think ok??

and i just used inkscape to desige...save it to a PDF then open it as a pdf and select print and 4 to a page....it makes em fit fine for me LOL! and they go right on those avery labels that are 4 to a sheet ...

oh and i ended up doing 82 labels...not to bad but i know i aint got near the amounts yall do LOL!

Last edited:
i busted tail today ...printed and labeled 82 bottles of wine, started cleaning out codys horrble study, cleaned and arranged the dining room, went to post office for stamps, went to milford for heart wormmeds , mopped the dining room floors, went to staples got resume paper , went to temp agency ...and got yelled at for two short bottles on the tall bottle shelf in the fridge....I QUIT!

I used them (fairies) on a couple of mine and saved quite a few in my wine lable art folder would probably use more if I thouhgt I could get away with it.:)

Latest posts

Back