What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to lose the lid to my primary somewhere between transferring my Black Raspberry Merlot from the primary to the secondary last on the 10th and now. How in the world can anyone loose a 16" diameter white lid with a grommet hole in it? I'm loosing my mind. :slp

I'm thinking you are headed to the corner with Nikki. Did you look behind the cabinet that you bought to store you wine in?

Gee, what did I say??????? :< I'm only on my second glass of pear wine that we bottled today and it doesn't have that much alcohol to it but I don't remember telling you to try anything.

LMAO like leanne said I meant her sorry :e I did say I was in pain . I think I would like to try some pear wine I like different wines that have the pear flavour to them . OH my , so many I want to try and make this year .
So far today my leg isn't as bad as yesterday maybe it's still numb from the 2 bottles of wine I drank last night . Good thing I didn't take any pain pills . I wish I lived closer cause i would definitely love to go meet some of you at Julie's this summer .

LMAO like leanne said I meant her sorry :e I did say I was in pain . I think I would like to try some pear wine I like different wines that have the pear flavour to them . OH my , so many I want to try and make this year .
So far today my leg isn't as bad as yesterday maybe it's still numb from the 2 bottles of wine I drank last night . Good thing I didn't take any pain pills . I wish I lived closer cause i would definitely love to go meet some of you at Julie's this summer .

LOL, well my pear wine isn't too bad, it is a light flavor wine. I think the next batch is going to be a mixture of different types of pears. I was given 20# of bartlett's and I made a 3 gallon batch from it and I think the flavor could have been a little stronger.

Well Darlene maybe the next meeting will be at your house :tz

LOL yall!!! and no im not sharing my stasch LMAO!!! MY CORNER **Stamps Foot** ALL MINE!!! LOL

all kidding aside ijust got back from our trip..the adults i had the unpleasure of bunking with are forever in my *never again* file.....MORONS! ever been around someone who knew EVERY THING about EVERYTHING and no matter who was telling the story, her story was always better!! OMG! lemme tell ya, shes lucky i had no weapons, and i was miserable there was no booze!!!
oh well had a great trip home and im glad to be home and showered!!

LOL yall!!! and no im not sharing my stasch LMAO!!! MY CORNER **Stamps Foot** ALL MINE!!! LOL

all kidding aside ijust got back from our trip..the adults i had the unpleasure of bunking with are forever in my *never again* file.....MORONS! ever been around someone who knew EVERY THING about EVERYTHING and no matter who was telling the story, her story was always better!! OMG! lemme tell ya, shes lucky i had no weapons, and i was miserable there was no booze!!!

Nikki it was an attitude adjustment. Just to let you know any big screw ups it won't be the corner...we're sending you back to camp for the weekend! :tz

racked shiraz wine and am cooking a pot of snow crab. like the crab but hate shelling them !!

Oh I know what you are saying, been there done that. You need to have a boy and get involved with the boy scouts, they don't have a problem with drinking after you get the boys all tucked into their tents. It is scout master time then!

Just degassed a batch of wine... It took FOREVER even with the drill...

I'm so glad the draft is done... My TV will be free to watch other things now. (yes, I have more than one TV and "could" watch something else)

you can only come out if u tell us where it was found!!

Well since you won't share your stash I guess I'll tell. It fell down behind the box on the table where I keep the primarys in the basement. I thought the box was going to eat it but alas it was just hiding it from me...So in short, yes it was right where I left it.

In my defense, I thought I left it on the counter in the kitchen though.....

I'm excited to say that I degassed my first batch of wine this past weekend. Woohoo! I'm one step closer to bottling!
I feel like I did a good job but it was a lot of work.
I was breaking a sweat before I was finished!
Obviously, I haven't purchased the drill attachment just yet but can see where it would be a big help.

I had foam all over my carboy and on the floor!
Is this normal?

Wade- You made a comment about an "electric vacuum pump" above.
Tell me more!!!

I had foam all over my carboy and on the floor!
Is this normal?

Wade- You made a comment about an "electric vacuum pump" above.
Tell me more!!!

vacuum pump will prevent that happening.. Wade is an expert here with one of those.

I'm just heading off to the gym.. winter eating is showing on my waistline already... need to stop enjoying my food and get back to carrot sticks and tinned tuna...

Allie

Latest posts

Back