What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just lost power and it came back on after about a minute. Unbelievable. 750,000 Dominion Power customers out of service and we still have power!!!

Been getting the emergency broadcast on TV for a TORNADO watch in my county

well hopefully everyone makes it through all this hurricane ok

Rich, Ill be up there with the generator so that you could keep on working!!!! Just kidding my friend, we almost lost power an hour ago, it faded about 4 times but since no prblems. The storm is about 1 1/2 hours away but so far we arent getting much luckily at my house.

To all my friends out there on the east coast take care and be safe and don't forget to protect the your wine supply

It isn't too bad in Mass yet, just a lot of rain, gusty winds. We still have power and there don't seem to be too many branches down yet. We do however now have rain coming in through the front of our air conditioners which probably isn't normal!

Stay safe!

Got water in my Wine Cellar. Never had water in the 35 years here. So far 50 gal of water

YES, Wine came throu fine.

Doesnt look to be doing much so as usual lots to do about nothing much. Lts of rain here though so many of the rivers are flooding and some will start soon when they start hitting crests.

I am spending my day talking to my homeowners insurance agent, scheduling appointments with contractors and roofers, as well as laundering all the towels I used last night.................................................. Eddie knows my pain. He talked me through parts of it .

Irene is just arriving up this way - should peak after midnight but it's downgraded to a tropical storm so should be no problem.
Spent the day at my nephews harvesting honey. It was quite an experience and I must say, hard work. We did 3 hives and got about 120-130 lbs of honey, although it should have been more but we didn't know what we were doing. It was their first harvest and sort of a trial run - the rest should go smoother.
I hope to start a mead soon.

I remember my Dad helping at my Grandma's house doing honey. It always smelled so good in the honey house. they had a special room off the garage where they did everything... brings back good memories.

Debbie

Spent the day cleaning out the basement. I almost have half of the basement to me for wine purposes. (flem, you saw it and it's not the same basement now) Anywho, put my elderberry into the better bottles and extrat jugs for now. They were fermented dry in the primary. I figure dI would use the BB for now as an initial as I have 5 buckets of juice that will need transferring soon. Had a bottle of pee with my son and a friend who showed up and got put to work, made dinner now ready for bed. I actually jumped in the pool. Brrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Just finished cleaning up the yard from the storm. Lots of branches and leaves but thats all gone now. Tomorrow Ill probably be doing the same over my parents house. They lost power at 6 am but refuse to let me bring over the generator!!! They are the most stubborn people I know!!! Uhhhhhh

I think maybe Tom used his wine pump to rid of the water. Maybe he pumped into all his carboys that are free and then dumped them. I bet he didnt top up them carboys!!! :)

Back