What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool who knows might come in handy

It was going to be the rod for my press if I made it. I was going to weld a handle on the top and a nut for the bottom to tighten into the grapes. Just haven't gotten around to it. Now the $20,000,000 question, WHere did it get put?

Just went to check on carboy inventory as I wasn't sure what was empty for the up coming juice. I'm in good shape. Have 2 buckets of Elderberry going and picking up 5 buckets on Saturday. I have 8 empty glass, 2 empty better bottles, 2 empty 6 gallon glass and 2 3's empty. I should be good and not need to bottle anytime soon.

Considering filtering the Sav Blanc and the Pinot Grigio that I back sweetened 2 weeks ago later today when my daughter takes a nap. We'll see. Need to lean out the Jeep to make room for juice Saturday and hopefully a press on Sunday. Whoo Hooo, hope the press is worth getting. Price seems right and it's a biggie.

Pool party was a hit as usual. Came home let the dogs out, they started barking. One jumped on the porch as I was going to see what the other was chewing on, just then he decided to jump off the porch. Yep, you guessed it, right in front of me going down the steps. I nearly face planted. Hands and knee scraped up, dog is lucky to be alive.

Had a bottle of wine with a friend and my wonderful wife this evening after the pool party. Gotta love friends.

Looking forward to tomorrows outing.

Started prep for the hurricane to hit starting Sat afternoon thru Sunday

I would not like it if I had to move all my wine up from the "Wine Cellar"

Heading out to L'uva Bella here in about an hour. Going to have lunch and maybe see if there are any other wineries in the area. Going to be a pleasant day with my wife and daughter.

Just finished prepping for the hurricane which should start hitting here around 2am - 1pm. Took down all the stuff outside, filled up and fired up the generator.

Well, I just was on CNN and it looks like Irene is knocking on Tom's door

Following Irene minute by minute. Checking all my hurricane websites. Washing bottles. Worrying about Tom and Wade and all you others along the way. :rdo

Tradition at my house is that we open some of our most prized wines the eve before expected hurricane landfalls. aka Ike, Rita, Umberto and so on. I will open one in y'alls honor tonight.

Canned some tomatoes and made some pickles today. Now I'm just waiting out the storm. Flash flood warnings have been issued. Just waiting for the winds. Good luck to all my friends out on the coastal areas.

Yes we are one of those crazy people going to the grocery store tonight! At least we now have plenty of empty carboys to fill with water! Hopefully it will lose strength and fizzle out a little bit before it hits anyone. Stay safe everyone!

Went to L'uva Bella today, had lunch, picked up our juice and als 6 bottles of wine. All in all a very enjoyable day. After we got home we went out to Max and Erma's for dinner with friends. Going down to give my juice a stir. All sqs were very good. I'll post them later.

I'm hoping the storm weakens considerably before it hits here. The grapes are 2-3 weeks from harvest and about 18-20 brix. The racchis still seems to be strong, hopefully enough to withstand the shaking winds. Remember that is how mechanical grape harvesters work is by shaking the vine heavily............. On top of that we are looking at about 4-8 inches of rain tomorrow. At least the Farmers Market in one of the windiest mountain valleys has been cancelled for tomorrow. You guys stay safe and I will try to also.

I'm almost hoping to lose power part of the day to give me an excuse to just plain take the first day off in over 6 months. I'm feeling my almost 58 years age.............

I'm hoping the storm weakens considerably before it hits here. The grapes are 2-3 weeks from harvest and about 18-20 brix. The racchis still seems to be strong, hopefully enough to withstand the shaking winds. Remember that is how mechanical grape harvesters work is by shaking the vine heavily............. On top of that we are looking at about 4-8 inches of rain tomorrow. At least the Farmers Market in one of the windiest mountain valleys has been cancelled for tomorrow. You guys stay safe and I will try to also.

I'm almost hoping to lose power part of the day to give me an excuse to just plain take the first day off in over 6 months. I'm feeling my almost 58 years age.............

Well I wish you luck on losing power and hope that no tornadoes develope tha come you way.

Monoriting tidal water out back. Looking gruesome. Water level is higher than Isabel. Eye has just passed couple miles east of us. Getting the erffects of the north east winds and rain. Although a Cat 1, this thing is nothing to sneeze at. Isabel was a cat 1. more winds less tide. This one has less wind (although debatable) but more water.

Latest posts

Back