What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian I absolutely agree with you. Working in the tasting room was a lot of fun today but I would also like to fill in working in the wine supply part also. Next week I'll be helping out distributing the Chilean wine that was ordered and I look forward to that. Selling fresh juice in the fall was great also.

Sounds like fun! I'm sure you all are very proud of your work, was it wine that you had actually had a part in making? I may try to make another trip out that way some long weekend this fall, it all depends on what direction my job takes and how easy it will be to take time off.

Not feeling well so I didnt do anythig with my choc orange... just wanna sleep tday ughhh insane that a sunburn can drain you so much. I need energy!

Spent most of the day fighting with an old ford 8n tractor. A few weeks back tried to start it, battery was dead so I took it home and put it on the charger. This morning everything looked good, battery was charged. Took it to the vineyards, put in in the tractor.... nothing. carried it to a neighbors and put it on his charger for about an hour. Again everything looked good, full charge... again nothing. Then we noticed the positive side had a bulge in in.. bad battery. went into town, $90 for a 6V battery, ouch.
Got it back to the vineyard.. bingo, fired right off. Brush hoged for about an hour when I hit a dirt pile and killed the engine, then I noticed the radator was boiling over. Let it cool for a while then took it back to its parking space and called it a day. Still have a lot of work to do there.
The grapes are full of buds, Yea!

So, here I am taxing down the taxiway, minding my own business when I see this
shuttle.jpg

That's something you don't see every day:HB

Went to a small Farmer's Market at the Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort in Lake Placid today. I left a dusting of snow behind at home and went through 5 inches of heavy wet snow covering the trees on the way there. Not much right there in town, but there was still several inches on the way back. It was an Earth Day event featuring eco-friendly green businesses. Not real busy, but a fun day.

Sounds like fun! I'm sure you all are very proud of your work, was it wine that you had actually had a part in making? I may try to make another trip out that way some long weekend this fall, it all depends on what direction my job takes and how easy it will be to take time off.
I love to see you up here some time. Yes some of this wine I made and some was older.

OMG how cool that would be! Glad you got a picture of it.

I left a dusting of snow behind at home and went through 5 inches of heavy wet snow covering the trees on the way there. Not much right there in town, but there was still several inches on the way back. QUOTE]

We haven't seen anything yet but they are caliing for up to 6-12" by tomorrow sometime. Very wet snow that will take down trees and power lines.

Just finished stabilizing and degassing my Gewurztraminer from L'uva Bella (juice bucket).

another 10 hour day of work, then off to the bowling alley for payoff night....afterwards, home then time to hit the gym for a bit of a workout....

View attachment 4123

Great shot! I saw the other side of that a couple of years ago when we were down in Florida on vacation. We had no idea it was happening until that afternoon when we saw the neighbors getting ready to go see the Shuttle take off at sunset. Well, we got the camera ready and went to the lake side to take some pics. It was absolutely beautiful, watch the Shuttle take off, dropping the booster rockets, and heading into space.

This one is not a favorite pic of the event, but it's all I have with me right now.

2009-03-16Vacationing-WathcingSp-43.jpg

That's a nice shot! That Contrail is really brite. That's an event I would have liked to have seen.

That's a nice shot! That Contrail is really brite. That's an event I would have liked to have seen. I did get ti see it from the air once. We were being re-route by air traffic control. When we asked why we were told it was because of an altlas middle launch. We circledor a while so we could see it. So from 41,000 we watched it dissapear into space. Nonpics though :(

Happy birthday, Amy. Have a great one!

Today I put on 6 gallons of Chardonnay-Semillon (CellarCraft Premium Kit) and 12+ gallons of Super Tuscan (RJS Winery Series, 2 kits). I added a "secret ingredient" to the Super Tuscan to see how it comes out. I will let you all know if and how it works.

Dentist appointment with my daughter this am then a Costo trip for more lemon. Once I get home I'll filter my skeeter pee and try my hand at force carbonating 2 gallons of it in a corny keg. My only problem is that I don't have a fridge to get the temp down and it's currently about 50 degrees in the basement. I'll take it to 30 psi and leave it there until the weekend.

Bottled 3 gallons of Pee last night and put the remaining 2 gallons in a keg, been sitting at 30 psi with a temp of around 50 for 12 hours, not going to try this one until tomorrow night. Hoping the carbonation takes. I don't have an extra fridge so I'll have to rely on time and pressure for carbonation.

Latest posts

Back