What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GOT GRACE POTTER TIX!!! (yes ... bit excited!) Never thought I would get to see her live, but she is coming to Wilmington in June and I pounced on the presale tix today! I'm a happy bunny!

Doug, rent one and try it out!!! You will love it! When it gets warmer we need to do a combined Wine / Kayak BBQ and have fun on the water!!! Something for everyone :) I love to Kayak with a group just as much as I'd like to be alone!

Last edited:
Just got done starting my winery series Chilean Malbec, racking my Peach skeeter pee off the lees and washing a bunch of bottles. A lot of work but a great hobby!

Eye doctor, then probably as a result, spending the day in a dark room! An excuse to spend the day in my dark basement/winery! :)

Headed down South to spend the long weekend with good friends in Las Cruces. The pool is open, the weather will be in the low to mid 80's and the "Salty Dawg's" will be flowing freely! :db

another day of work, then gonna check my niagara again....if gravity hasn't changed, gonna rack again off sediment and stabilize it....gonna take my time before bottling this one.....gonna let it do most of the clearing on it's own i think, which has already started....think i might have added just a pinch too much acid in the beginning, but once i backsweeten, it will be perfect....i like having that slight little acidic crispness in my whites anyways....

Found out today that I will be discharged from 4 days a week of intensive couneling to once a week.

Great news Tom, hope your feeling better. Hang in there.

Picked up 2 corny kegs this evening. The cost, a couple bottles of wine for each. Venturing into the kegging of pee.

will be working from home tomorrow so I'll start another batch of pee to fill one of the kegs with.

Saturday is Crafton VFD's Night at the Races so I'll be busy pretty much all day. Looking forward to a successful event. If anyone is in the area, it starts at 6:00 pm and the cost is $15 or 2 for $25. Admission includes free beer, food and mixers. If drinking wine or hard alcohol, you need to BYOB.

Racked the Luna Bella Cab Franc, Chardonnay, Cab Sauv into glass; Stabilized the WE Barolo and Cab Sauv/Merlot; re-cleaned (for the heck of it) fermenters; I am down to a WE Luna Rosa, 5 gallons of Julie's Candy Cane and 5 gallons of Jack's Chocolate Cherry to start....

I had to drive all the way to Cumberland MD from Pitt. What no good roofers in these parts. Hey the good thing is I can stock up on Everclear.

Last edited:
We been bottlin'! We bottled 81 bottles of Pinot Grigio, 51 bottles of Verdicchio and 25 bottles of Moscato con Albicocca (Muscat with Apricot), a dessert wine (SG 1.020). Of course there was a pressing need to QA each carboy...:d A tough job but someone has to do it.

Taught my second begining wine making class at the local HBS. I love doing that getting to talk to people who are interested in starting into this great hobby.. Started a plum and a New Zealand pino for the class so I brought them home to finsh.

Brian I absolutely agree with you. Working in the tasting room was a lot of fun today but I would also like to fill in working in the wine supply part also. Next week I'll be helping out distributing the Chilean wine that was ordered and I look forward to that. Selling fresh juice in the fall was great also.

Racked the rhubarb and added a strawberry f-pack. Backsweetened to 1.012. I was shooting for 1.010. Wife wanted it to 1.030 but we will let it age for a couple more months and try it again.Strawberry really helped with the bite when I tested it on the bench. I'm excited about this one.

I bottled a White Zin and Pear Chardonnay. Tomorrow the Moscato is going to get corked.

Got my CC Showcase Lodi Old Vine Zin started early this morning. Stared at my triple berry pee and Barolo for a few minutes too. :h

Latest posts

Back