What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just racked my concord and pinot noir this afternoon for the fourth and third times, and they're looking good! I just need to save up some money to buy some bottling equipment, and I'll be good to go soon. Until then, they're just going to bulk age for a little while longer.

Haven't been on in a while as I've been busy with work picking up and moving into a new home. I plan to post some pictures of that soon -- had a lot of work done to make the place my own :D

Do you all normally bulk age your concord? Is it something that is generally bottled and drank quickly like skeeter or improves over time? I've never tried it and am thinking about starting a batch.

Do you all normally bulk age your concord? Is it something that is generally bottled and drank quickly like skeeter or improves over time? I've never tried it and am thinking about starting a batch.

I would bulk age, it does improe over time. Concord is good to blend with fruit wines as well. I did a concord/cranberry that is really good.

Bottled 65 bottles of Niagara, racked a few carboys, checked the SO2 levels of on half a dozen others.

IMG_4380_6_1.JPG

Rod they look great! I want to hear more about the wine your wife was dipping into! I never heard of it and I'm not telling how I heard about it either.

Bulk age to let all the sediment drop out. I would generally bottle in 4-7 months and drink at 8 months.

Rod they look great! I want to hear more about the wine your wife was dipping into! I never heard of it and I'm not telling how I heard about it either.

OH I know how you heard about it and I'm interested as well.

Nice looking Niagara, Rod

Thanks Dan. Now about you and my wife:ft....:wy....
You must be talking about the Rougeon, it came from Walkers and is shaping up pretty well It has a deep red color. I got it to blend with Catawba but I don't think that's giong to happen now ;) as she seems to like it as it is.

Thanks Dan. Now about you and my wife:ft....:wy....
You must be talking about the Rougeon, it came from Walkers and is shaping up pretty well It has a deep red color. I got it to blend with Catawba but I don't think that's giong to happen now ;) as she seems to like it as it is.

is this dry or sweet?

Rod even if its only about 20% to make a Pink Catawba would be good. I would do a bench trail with three glasses. 100 ml total in each glass of varius percentages of these two wines and have Jeannie judge them on taste and color. That might just change her mind.

I always use the 100 ml as it makes it easier to convert to larger volumes.

Looks really good Tom. Bet you are happy to finally get everything back downstairs

And one of the best things is it looks dry now! Let's pray we don't get a return of last years weather. I bet the cellar would be OK now, but I'm not sure I could take that weather and it's results again!

Came home from work and tried to clean out the front carb on my Suzuki S50. Seems over winter the front float is stuck and I'm blowing fuel from the carb overflow. Everything I read indicates it's the float. Poured some Seafoam in the tank and ran that through, it was still leaking so I ran the bike til it was squirting from the overflow and now I'm letting everything soak in a seafoam/gas mix. Hopefully a good soaking over knight will free up whatever is sticking. Supposed to be 60 tomorrow and 66 on Thursday. Would really like to get the bike out with out having to take the carb off. I already pulled everything imaginable and sprayed down with carb cleaner in an effort with no luck.

After being off flying status for 6 months, I'm getting ready to get back into the air tomorrow :D Can't wait to be in the friendly skies again!!!! I have to get all the wine I have working in self help mode as they are all own their own for 7 days.

Shoebiedoo, why were you grounded for 6 months? Ill bet tomorrow will be FANTASTIC!!! I hope the day goes great!

Been a long hard week, I am ready for the weekend to be here... maybe a fresh start is in order...

Latest posts

Back