What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been building a wine rack today, Looks like I should make another one tomorrow

photo.jpg

I made 3 choc cream pies for the church picnic tomorrow, took stuff for the church rummage sale, got some groceries, new sheets for the bed, vacuumed, picked lettuce, brought clothes in off the line and folded them, and picked a few weeds.

Debbie

Started my afternoon by going through the vineyard did some trimming on the vines and more training of some then came in the house and cleaned two dozen wine bottles then racked my wild plume wine then finished out my night by making some jerky

Started a batch of "corn whiskey wine"
picture.php
[/IMG]
Next, going to bottle strawberry skeeter pee.
picture.php
[/IMG]

Wow Mike, those look beautiful! I just inherited a few very old recipes (one of which is for corn whiskey) written in the 30's on old GE blueprints. I've been tempted to try it!

IMG_0258.jpg

Today my 4 y/o daughter went to the Montour trail for a walk, she rode her bike. We did almost 4 miles and she didn't even complain. We picked a quart size ziplock of raspberries and she ate all but a 1/4 of them before we made it back to the car. We saw 7 snakes, 1 was a garter snake and I assume the others were black snakes. After that we went to Gander Mountain to get an oar that was her size for the next time we go canoeing. We cam home, ate lunch and took a 2 hour nap. Just got out of the pool, brrrrr it was cold since we just filled it up. Amost dinner time, going to go stabilize and clear the Sav Blanc.

Ok that corn whiskey wine vessal is what I was asking about in the other thread. Do you have a recipe for it. I would like to hear more about it.

Got the recipe from "Winemaker's Recipe Handbook" that came in our beginners equipment kit. It has a purple(ish) cover.

Corn Whiskey Wine

2 lb. corn
1/2 pint white grape concentrate
3 oranges
12 peppercorns
1 gal water
3 1/2 lb sugar
3 tsp acid blend
1 tsp energizer
1 campden, crushed
1 pkg sherry yeast

(We used 3- 11 oz cans Del Monte Summer Crisp corn, vacuum packed and will pitch EC1118 yeast tomorrow)

Starting SG 1.110 - 1.120

It says the whiskey wine is a "sit down wine" -- you have to sit down to drink this.

I'm anxious to see how it turns out!

P.S. The strawberry SP is great!

I just noticed that I have three empty carboys and two empty secondarys. :slp
What should I do, what should I do????? :a1

Go to the brew store, close your eyes and spin in circles 3 times and walk toward the kit boxes. First one you touch, gets made. Repeat process 2 more times.

I too have 3 empty 5 gallon carboys but that is by design right now. I'm hoping by September to have 3 more empties sitting there so that this years Chilean juice can bulk age longer than 3 months. My empty 6 gallon carboys will be filled with Strawberry and come August I'm hoping to occupy my 2 - 5 gallon better bottles with Elderberry.

I'm actually hoping to get my hands on some blueberries and strawberries before the season is over.

Back