What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the lawn done and man did I need to weed whack it. I believe I cheated the last 3 times and had a jungle in every corner!

Well since I haven't been around a much because of no time with the new job... (but I am loving it) I have been quite busy but the best thing is we went up to Lake George NY last week for Americade. That has to be the best place in the world to ride. I enjoy it every year.. Of course my family still lives there so that makes it exta special.. I also ordered my choc rasberry port yesterday.. can't wait. I tried it at one of our wine club meeting and it was awesome.. Looking forward to making my own..:dg

You went to Americade and didn't come the rest of the way up to the winery? Only about an hour and a half from there. The roads were filled with bikes going and coming. There was an open hourse and bike tour also with hundred and hundreds of bikes there.

Brian, I didn't think that was available until in the fall. Did you order online? That is a WE kit right?

Yes Dan they are the WE kits. I guess he is preordering for anyone who wants to get them through him..

Brian, have you read up on the making of this kit? It is probably the most troublesome kit to make and actually finish fermenting but either way its an awesome tasting wine kit. I have a 3 gallon batch that needs bottling as we speak. Id search and read up the threads or posts before starting it if you havent yet.

Thanks Wade. I did read them in the past but you can bet I will read them again. I do remember problems with fnishing etc. Thanks for the advice!

You went to Americade and didn't come the rest of the way up to the winery? Only about an hour and a half from there. The roads were filled with bikes going and coming. There was an open hourse and bike tour also with hundred and hundreds of bikes there.

Yes you know what Grapeman.. I actually said that to my wife on the trip back... I will be coming back up the week of Labor day so I will plan on making the trip then.. It would be cool to meet another WMTalker..

It would be great to meet you. A bit early for harvest, but the vineyard should be heavy with ripening grapes then if hail don't strike too much again this year.

Sounds great I look forward to it. I can't wait. My family is all still up there and when we do vacation that is where we go. No place like the Adirondacks... Labor day week is great for me because usually the weather is still good and the tourists are mainly gone so places that are still pen are not to full. They also have the hot rod gathering in Lake George the weekend after.

I've got both breadmakers going with wholemeal rosemary bread for dinner tonight. Currently making potato, leek and bacon soup to go with the bread..

crying now ( just cut up three large onions)

:(

Allie

It's been over 1.5 years since you cut that onion, but I just teared up while reading it.

Sorry guys, but being new to the board, I'm trying to cover all of the threads/posts I can so you might see some resurrecting of old post. :D

A couple of days ago I was talking to a friend and I mentioned making wine. They say they have a couple of carboys sitting in their basement, could I use them?

Of course says I! So yesterday they bring me the carboys and I clean them up right away.

Today I'm in a parking lot and look down and find a $100 bill.

Now, let me see, what could I use that for? :db :b :db

So, what did you use if for.... if you can remember back that far. :mny

Racked off my batch #3 of skeeter pee from the lees after clearing with sparkoloid. Added another 2 1/2 cups of sugar since we added more lemon after inititial back sweetening. Will bottle this weekend.

Dan, I realized they are old, but if I see one that looks like it needs a comment, I go ahead and take the chance. That last one or two made me smile when I read, I had to respond a bit. :)

So now I know what heaven looks like. I found my way to the winemakers toy store in spite of my Garmin insisting the store was on the opposite side of IH35E in Dallas. I called George who said I would never find his store with Garmin and he directed me in. I spent nearly two hours there. George gave me the twenty-five cent tour. Joseph was racking a Rose' from grapes. I couldn't get over how much wine they make, no wonder they can answer our questions about every particular kit. Not surprisingly I left with lots of information, ideas and wine kits. Bart and the other Dallas-ites are very fortunate to live near such a resource. Thanks to George and Joseph for their hospitality.

And yes, today I am off to the Kimball Museum in fort Worth to see the Michelangelo. :db

AHHHH Tony, nice that you took a picture of the sign but what about inside and pictures of the guys we always talk about??????? Come on fess up, you got so wrapped up inside you forgot to take any of the good pictures.

The answers to both of those questions are so simple.

1) Mecca

2) The bank to transfer more $$$$$ :sm

Very jealous and post some pics of the inside like Dan said if you got them. And don't forget to post over at FVW!

The answers to both of those questions are so simple.

Very jealous and post some pics of the inside like Dan said if you got them. And don't forget to post over at FVW!

I didn't take any pictures inside with the guys. I really really wanted to and thought about it several times but figured they would think I was being corny. I'll post a note at FVW.

Latest posts

Back