What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished putting up roof cables so that I never have froozen gutters again!!!!!!

Hungry and very grumpy. Didn't get to start the new wine kit today.
Just overall in a bad mood.

As soon as I can get home, I'm popping a cork and making something to eat.

Eating up some left overs of last nights party. Have 8 more bottles that need cleaned up. Last night was a great time. Great people to share time with. First year I picked the right team and didn't bet any money, I think that made it a lot better night!

Tossed my yeast in to the 10 gallons of HomeBrew I made yesterday.

Making spaghetti for dinner this evening then have a FD Board meeting this evening. After that home and hang out. I want to filter my whites one evening this week so that I can bottle next weekend.

Today and this week I will be reading "First Steps in Winemaking" by C.J.J. Berry. So far it is a very interesting read as a beginner to making wine. I saw that Jack Keller has made a lot of references to this book too, so I decided to go to the public library and check it out. :br

Just cleaned about 6" of snow out of my driveway. It's so cold the snow is real light and fluffy and just blew right through it with my snow blower in highest gear.
Snow and cold is a good thing today. Going to an auction this afternoon that has wine barrels and hoping they have supplies also. Banking on the weather to keep some people home.

:u The smart people stayed home. It was mostly junk or stuff I just wasn't interested in. Wine barrels were in the yard painted black.

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan Dan! It is nice and sunny here in the midstate.

Racked my strawberry SP into the secondary last night and had a little sample. I think this is going to be awesome.. Might have to get a little red food coloring though it isnt very pink... We will see when it is done..

Not being a smart arse but, I played golf today, temp in the seventies. You know, someone has to do it. Just finished eating pork chops and still drinking Lambrusco wine. Crappie fishing tomorrow. Loren

Not being a smart arse but, I played golf today, temp in the seventies. You know, someone has to do it. Just finished eating pork chops and still drinking Lambrusco wine. Crappie fishing tomorrow. Loren

........ I do not think I like you very much......just saying :)

Whiskey kinda night......need to start brewing THAT :)

oh and cake and meatball subs and chips n dips......what a bad day I had!!! Carbs and Whisky will make it all better.... Now if only it was warm enough to have a smoke!!! I aint smoked in months cuz its to bloody cold!!!

bottled my last gallon of fortified Petit Verdot got me 10 beautiful 375LT bottles had 1/2 a glass left in the bottom you can guess where it's going.........

Last edited:
That's what the :) was for, of course we're jealous. Who care's what size. But you hope to even know of someone who gets one of those ginormous ones.

Back