What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W0ot!

We got the day off due to shortages of natural gas around the state. We warmed up from a low of -17 yesterday to a low of 3 this AM so some progress towards getting closer to normal. Going to rack, degas, stabilize and fine my CC Showcase Pinot Gris.

Mike this would only happen with you. I can't wait to see what Father Al has to say about this.

I'm sure glad to see all of oue efforts towards Global Warming is working!

7bd66dc5.gif

Bottled 4 gallons of skeeter pee. Then filtered 20 gallons of wine in 4 flavors. Taste testing can get dangerous! After the 5th flavor I forgot what the first one tasted like, so........:se

Last night I bottled 5 gallons of Red Muscadine. Today I bottled 1 more gallon of it so that I could blend a gallon of Noble Muscadine with the Reds. Racked the remaining 5 gallons of Noble into a new carboy. Cleaned and sanitized 48 clear bottles, still need to sanitize 12 more so that I can filter and bottle my Spiced Apple wine over the weekend. I may need to give the bottles another spritz of sanitizer depending on when I get around to bottleing.

I think this fall, I may get 18 gallons of cider and do 12 as a spiced apple again and then the remaining 6 as regular apple, meaning don't back sweeten with an fpac but with a simple syrup. I do have to admit the spice apple is darn good though.

Got my tickets to the April 15th Widespread Panic concert at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Pelham, Alabama.

Going the first day, when the opening act is CDB. :r
i love me some Charlie Daniels Band.

I'm waiting patiently for 5 o'clock. This has been a boring day, not as busy as I would like to (should) be.

Temperature final got up to about 50F.

Saturday we will be going to a local liquor store's weekly wine tasting. Doing blends this week. I really like blends! That's because they are made of wine.

Looking forward to Green Bay beating Pittsburgh on Sunday! Like many others of you, a bunch of us are meeting at a friend's house to watch the game, eat, and of course, drink some wine. Did I mention we are going to drink some wine????

I have a summer wine kit (Sangria with Seville oranges) coming out of fermentation, hopefully, this weekend. So I'll be racking that puppy. I have made this particular kit twice, now. It is a really fun wine at parties.

I need to start the three kits I recently purchased. Maybe I'll get one started this weekend.

Tick........ tick........ tick :slp

Well this evening I took the bag of orange carcuses out of the orange wine and it is still humming along very nicely, stirred some O2 into the strawberry skeeter pee, and delabeled and cleaned a bathtub full of bottles.. Now I am sitting back and drinking a nice glass of pinot..

got home a bit ago with thehubs. He had sinus surgery today. what a long drawn out wait fo me, and miserable recovery for him !! Pray we dont kill each other !!!

Light freezing rain---again. Babysitting the granddaughters 'til about 1:00.

Got my tickets to the April 15th Widespread Panic concert at the Verizon Wireless Music Center in Pelham, Alabama.

Going the first day, when the opening act is CDB. :r
i love me some Charlie Daniels Band.

So your going to see Cotes Des Blanc? hehehe

Filtered and bottled the concord from grapes that I started back in september. Oh is that smooth. Waiting to see if the other 5 gallons turns out as good! Set the bottles in a closet to forget and age until fall.

Last edited:
Racked the pineapple wine today. I think it has a little ways to go before fermentation is done. Ended up with about 2 to 2.5 gallons Instead of 3.
Gonna split it between som 1 gallon jugs after a couple if days.

Spent the afternoon cleaning bottles. Got 4 cases done and ready to go. All the wine in progress still needs to clear. Used SuperKleer on 6. Three are ready to cold stabalize and three are slow to clear. One might need an addition of pectic emzyne or something it's not clearing at all.

Took my wife grocery shopping this morning then went to my aunt and uncles for a birthday party for them and myself now at home relaxing waiting for a bottle of raspberry wine to chill from Cuthill vineyards

Cleaned 3 cases of bottles. Racked 1 gal of orange into secondary. Started 1 gal of plum. Will bottle Wildberry Shiraz tomorrow. Will open a bottle of Mezza Luna Red tonight. :h:h:h

Latest posts

Back