What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well went and cut and pulled down 2 (5 gallon) buckets full of frost grapes seeing we had a real hard frost last night. I did abit of spot checking the grapes and all seem to be good and sweet although a few tree fulls I'd been watching had done dried up to bad to salvage but still know where plenty more is at so will probly be off to get more tomorrow

Relaxing after a day of pretty hard work. It's a PITA to go back to laboring again after so many years, but in this recession, one has to do what one has to do.
Sure does make it nice to get home and have a hot bath then a drink.
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing to still work young guys into the ground when your getting into the years like me.

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing to still work young guys into the ground when your getting into the years like me.

It's always a good thing to be able to work the young guys into the ground. I may not have the strength of someone younger than me but I always had the stamina and good work sense to be able to outwork younger people. It not about strenght, it's about pacing yourself.

that and knowing all the shortcuts to make it easier and quicker of course it is fun to see them try to do as much as you and not be able to

It's always a good thing to be able to work the young guys into the ground. I may not have the strength of someone younger than me but I always had the stamina and good work sense to be able to outwork younger people. It not about strenght, it's about pacing yourself.

Well my apple has cleared (it looks awesome) and my first skeeter is fermenting vigorously man this is a great day! :D

apple &Skeeter.jpg

Dan it is very clear I could probably read through it.. I love the deep amber color of it. Best of all it tastes great. With a little aging I think it will be awesome.... I need to keep the recipe for that one for sure.

That apple does look wonderful! Me, Im getting ready to leave for most of the day to do some side work and regretting it cause my back is not feeling good at all. :(

Me, Im getting ready to leave for most of the day to do some side work and regretting it cause my back is not feeling good at all. :(

Hey I thought profanity was scorned on on this site... LOl

I'm cleaning, desinfecting, and delabeling 100 bottles to get ready for bottleing White Zinfadel, BluePee and hard ice tea tomorrow :)

I also found out that my local recycling center sells bottles for 3$ a dz....might consider stopping by somtime next week :)

Finishing up @ work then heading home to bottle my apfelwien and start my batch of peach wine.:d

Steaming berries for Elderberry Blueberry mix and cleaning the basement. Oh joy...May see about running andf getting some bottles later this afternoon.

Today bottled my Apple-Kiwi-Strawberry. This was made from Aldi's frozen concentrate. I used 22 cans and 3 cans for a f-pac.
VERY tasty!

Oh also bottled my Blueberry that I started with 4 gal of steamed juice.
Also very good !

Today bottled my Apple-Kiwi-Strawberry. This was made from Aldi's frozen concentrate. I used 22 cans and 3 cans for a f-pac.
VERY tasty!

Tom this sounds really good! I am guessing this is a six gallon batch? Recipe please! You know the 'ol saying...no pics, it never happened! :fsh

I did ! 22 cans + 3 for a f-pac. Sugar to 1.085 and CDB yeast.
3 "P's"

Here you go...6 gal batch of Blueberry and Apple-Kiwi-Strawberry

20101106172706.jpg

Last edited:
Crushed 3 buckets of noble muscadines and added peptic enzyme and sugar to 1.085, racked two 6 gallon carboys of red muscadines, pitched yeast in a 5 gallon bucket of blackberry, stirred 4 buckets of red muscadine wine in primary fermentation, put 6 cases of used bottles in water / k-meta / dish washing detergent to soak for good cleaning. Drank 4 glasses of bronze muscadine wine with supper and took a nap in my easy chair! Now, I'm looking for the Advil. Hurting all over but it feels so good! It was a good day! :p

well got another 5gallon bucket of frost grapes today that makes 3 now I gotta destem them and then crush oh so much fun so much fun

My son called me at 830 this morning. They just had a new fridge delivered and it won't fit in the cherry cabinet the old fridge came out of. I gathered up some tools and headed over there. Had to take the circular saw to the lip of the top shelf over the fridge and cut about 1 inch out. Then because the fridge was also too big to fit between the island and the cabinet we had to remove the doors and 2 pull drawers before we could get it in place. This is a fancy stainless steel 2 door fridge with water on top and the freezer on the bottom. I hate messing with new electric fittings etc. But we finally got it to fit in and put it back together. Time for a beer.

Latest posts

Back