What R you doing today?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sirs, why don't you wait until it gets really cold and crush when they are froze. 45 degrees in the Carolinas doesn't constitute a freeze LMAO.

Im not sure about Sirs but the low here has been 34 and 38 the past two nights and should be around that for the next few nights. Being that he is closer to the mountains I would expect it to be colder there. So there is plenty of frost in the mornings..... that said I know nothing about frost grapes. SO blah

yeah it's been down to 30 a few nights already,shoot it's 11:30 am now and only up to 49.
It's been down in the 30's at night for a good bit here now.

oh and these are frost grapes not muscadines as some people call muscadines thataround here, these are about small green pea sized and before frost are extremely puckery much like a green persimmon

Last edited:
well went and picked up 12 dozen of free bottles abit ago all in good shape was about 5 mins away from the house so easy to get to

It's gotten really cold here in Costa Rica also. Tropical storm Tomas is here. Rained all night and got down to 67 degrees but did warm up to a high of 71 degrees today. We're still surviving. Peeled and chopped up 28#'s papaya today for the freezer to make a batch of papaya wine.

well in the process of thawing out 4 more gallon of petit verdot man I just love those grapes. Gonna do this one bone dry possibly add to other batch to tone it down abit on sweetness wife says it's a hair sweet. That is easy enough to fix.

Woke up at 8 AM for my 9 AM Russian course. Attended a chemistry discussion and then proceeded on to precal. After that i had a few hour break and hung out with this dudes GF and then proceeded to take a heavily weighted Chem exam.

Seth, busy day!! hope today u can relax some!!!

im gettin ready for work, if i could loose this headache id be doing fantastic!!!!

Thanks guys, im taking a short break for a few hours before i move on to some precal homework and then some hardcore precal studying for the exam i have in it tomorow. After thats all said and done tho next week should be a little lighter for me.

Thanks guys, im taking a short break for a few hours before i move on to some precal homework and then some hardcore precal studying for the exam i have in it tomorow. After thats all said and done tho next week should be a little lighter for me.

I remember those days - Calc I and II, Physics I and II, eek!!!

Good luck with your school work - what are you getting a degree in?

just crushed my grapes got little over 2.5 gallon of must from them....so off we go again

Scrap Strawberry

Wife was cleaning out freezer yesterday afternoon, dug out several packages of frozen strawberries (local fruit, not Walmart); total was about 5 lbs. She was going to toss them, then suggested maybe I could make a small batch of wine(?) I let them thaw in refrigerator overnight, starting a 1-gal batch this AM.

you know the vines we parked next to?? I got them from there they had some in those vines and yes it's the same wine I gave you some of

I've been a bit scarce lately. So much to learn for this job. Haven't even gotten to the certification trainings yet.
I have all the wines I mentioned a while back still "bulk aging" while I try to study and take care of the home. We had a pipe burst over top of the kid's room and flood our living space. :( has not been fun with Kat and Tristen both having bronchitis as the icing on the cake.

Latest posts

Back